Tag Archives: planning and development

Notice of a Meeting of the Planning & Development Committee (20/06/17)

GOTHAM PARISH COUNCIL

Mrs J A Raven
Clerk to the Council
33 Leake Road
Gotham
Notts
NG11 0HW
Tel: 0115 9830863
Email: gothamparishclerk@outlook.co.uk

15 June 2017

Dear Councillor,

YOU ARE duly summoned to attend a PLANNING & DEVELOPMENT COMMITTEE MEETING to be held on

TUESDAY, 20th June, 2017

commencing at 7.30 p.m. in the Weldon Room of the Memorial Hall.

Yours sincerely,

J.A.Raven, Clerk to the Council

AGENDA

1/ Apologies

2/ Declaration of Interest

3/ Minutes of the Meeting held on Tuesday, 16th May, 2017.

4/ Progress from the Minutes, not on the Agenda.

5/ Royal British Legion Site

6/ Neighbourhood Plan

7/ Traffic Survey Report.

8/ Planning Decisions Received: Nil.

9/ Planning Applications Received:

17/ 5 (Ref: 17/01238/FUL) 120 Leake Road, single storey rear extension.

10/ Matters to Report

11/ Date & Time of Next Meeting

Committee Members: J.P.Anderson (Chairman), A.Clayworth (Vice-Chairman), G.Hutter, B.J.Walker, H.Taylor, J.M.F.Royce, M.Wilkins. S.Kent, J.Youatt, P.Bower.

Distribution List: All Councillors

Members of the Public and Press are cordially invited to this meeting.

Minutes of a Meeting of the Planning & Development Committee (28/02/17)

Present: Councillors, J.P. Anderson (Chairman), M. Wilkins, J.M.F. Royce, B.J.Walker, G.Hutter.

1/ Apologies: Nil Absent: H.Taylor, A. Clayworth

2/ Declaration on Interest: Nil.

3/ Minutes of the Meeting held on Tuesday, 21st February, 2017.
RESOLVED: That the Minutes of the Planning & Development Committee, held on the 21st February, 2017 as previously circulated to be deferred until the next Planning and Development Meeting.

4/ Progress from the Minutes, not on the Agenda: Nil to report.

5/ RBC village Local Plan part 2 ‘Further Options’ Consultation 17th February – 31st March
RBC presentation 3-8pm 9th March 2017 at the Memorial Hall
A discussion continued re the RBC Local Plan Part 2.
Presentation on the 9th March, 2017 at Gotham Memorial Hall.
Ken Mafham to score the building plots, identified by RBC, for the official response – closing date, 31st March, 2017. J.P.Anderson to assist.

6/ Neighbourhood Plan:
Ken Mafham to assist with the Gotham Neighbourhood Plan. Flooding advice available to Ken from G.Hutter and A. Howick.
An RCAN Neighbourhood Plan meeting to take place at Bingham Methodist Church on the 28th March, 2017 from 7.30 p.m.

7/ Planning Decisions Received: Nil.

8/ Planning Applications Received:
17/ 2 (ref: 17/00340/FUL) 14 Nottingham Road – single storey rear extension
PROPOSAL: NO OBJECTION.
PROPOSED: J.P. Anderson SECONDED: M.Wilkins. Vote: Four in favour, one abstention.

9/ Matters to Report: Nil.

10/ Date & Time of Next Meeting: The next meeting of the Planning Committee will be held in the Memorial Hall Weldon Room on Tuesday, 21st March, 2017 at 7.30 p.m. Meeting closed at 8.40 pm

Minutes of a Meeting of the Planning & Development Committee (21/02/17)

Present: Councillors, J.P. Anderson (Chairman), A. Clayworth (Vice-Chairman) M. Wilkins, J.M.F. Royce, B.J.Walker, G.Hutter.

1/ Apologies: Nil Absent: H.Taylor. In Attendance: Barton Councillor, J. Coles, Planning Representative, K. Mafham.

The Chairman welcomed J. Coles and K. Mafham to the meeting.

2/ Declaration on Interest: B.J. Walker declared an interest in Item 5 on the Agenda as she is a village landowner.

3/ Minutes of the Meeting held on Tuesday, 18TH October, 2016.
RESOLVED: That the Minutes of the Planning & Development Committee, held on the 18th October, 2016 as previously circulated, be confirmed and signed as a true record of the business transacted.
PROPOSED: B.J. Walker SECONDED: J.M.F. Royce. Vote: All in favour.

4/ Progress from the Minutes, not on the Agenda: Nil to report.

PROPOSAL: Suspension of Standing Orders during the meeting to allow K. Mafham and J. Coles to join the debate.
PROPOSED: J.P.Anderson SECONDED: J.M.F.Royce. Vote: All in favour.

5/ RBC village Local Plan part 2 ‘Further Options’ Consultation 17th February – 31st March
RBC presentation 3-8pm 9th March 2017 at the Memorial Hall

RBC has produced its Local Plan Part 2 with associated green belt review and a Rushcliffe Community Infrastructure Levy. The Consultation period is between the 17th February to the 31st March, 2017. GPC has to submit the best response possible by this time. There is a total of five consultation meetings planned around the Borough with the one at Gotham Memorial Hall due to take place on the 9th March, 2017 from 3pm – 8 p.m.
RBC must find land in the Borough for nine hundred new homes with Clifton South land not an option, at the present time due to transport/sustainability reasons. Eight possible plots of land in Gotham have been identified as possible building sites.

K.Mafham reported to the meeting.

RECOMMENDATIONS to main Council:
1. To pay Ken Mafham £500 for planning advice.
2. That GPC reaffirms its policy for a ‘shrink-wrap’ green belt envelope around the village and supports provision of affordable housing, behind the former Royal British Legion site.
3. That GPC register for a Neighbourhood Plan.
4. A Public Meeting to be held on Monday, 20th March, 2017 in the Memorial Hall, main hall at 7.30 p.m.

PROPOSED: J.P. Anderson SECONDED: G. Hutter. Vote: All in favour.

Item 10. To be taken next on the agenda.

10. Date & Time of Next Meeting:
The next meeting of the Planning Committee will be held in the Memorial Hall Weldon Room on Tuesday, 28th February, 2017 at 7.30 p.m.

Meeting closed at 7.40 pm

Minutes of a Meeting of the Planning & Development Committee (18/10/16)

Present: Councillors, J.P.Anderson (Chairman) , A.Clayworth (Vice-Chairman) M.Wilkins, J.M.F.Royce, B.J.Walker, M.J.Sheppard.

1/ Apologies: G.Hutter Absent: H.Taylor.

2/ Declaration on Interest: Nil.

3/ Minutes of the Meeting held on Tuesday, 20TH September, 2016.
RESOLVED: That the Minutes of the Planning & Development Committee, held on the 20th September, 2016 as previously circulated, be confirmed and signed as a true record of the business transacted, with the following amendment: 6/ Clifton Pastures Update: 2nd sentence delete ‘New Year’ replace with ‘any time now’.
PROPOSED: M.J.Sheppard SECONDED: B.J.Walker. Vote: All in favour.

4/ Progress from the Minutes, not on the Agenda: Nil to report.

5/ Affordable Houses In Gotham:
J.P.Anderson had, unsuccessfully, attempted to contact Ross Jones, Waterloo Property Representative, who had indicated a meeting was to take place with British Gypsum re the release of land for affordable housing. The two parties might be awaiting the outcome of the former RBLsite sale.

6/ Clifton Pastures Update:
J.P.Anderson reported his attempt to speak to a representative of Notts Highways, re traffic issues, should the housing development at Clifton go ahead. GPC will need to work with Highways to achieve the best road system.
K.Mafham has sent the Kimberley Neighbourhood Plan first stage as an example of how he might be able to assist Gotham draw up a Neighbourhood Plan,if required. It will be advisable to await the outcome of Gotham’s green belt status after the RBC Local Plan Part 2 is published and seek Ken’s opinion on the need for a Neighbourhood Plan.
Over the past few years, several major projects have required capital funds. J.P.Anderson suggested a capital fund could be set up for Development Plans.
A sum of money needs to be injected into the green belt fund, say £10,000. Recommendation to the Finance Committee PROPOSED by B.J.Walker and SECONDED by J.P.Anderson that it is appropriate to increase the Capital sum in the green belt fund to total £10,000.
Vote: four in favour, one against and one abstention.

A discussion took place re the future of the Tithe Barn which could be refurbished by the Heritage Lottery Grant only if it was to be put to community use. A public consultation might assist with ideas for using the Tithe Barn if it should become available .

7/ Planning Decisions Received: Nil.

8/ Planning Applications Received: Nil.

9/ Matters to Report:
The grass in the Cemetery is too long. Clerk to check with Horizon re another cut.
Well House refurbishment total cost to date – £35,389. Benches and gates still to be ordered. Contingency – £339.
10/ Date & Time of Next Meeting:
The next meeting of the Planning Committee will be held in the Memorial Hall Weldon Room on Tuesday, 15th November, 2016 at 7.30 p.m.

Meeting closed at 8.25 p.m.