Tag Archives: Minutes

Minutes of a Meeting of Gotham Parish Council (06/12/16)

The Meeting commenced with a one Minute silence in memory of retired Gotham Parish Councillor Roger Holland, GPC Chairman from 1990-1993.

Present: G.Hutter, (Vice-Chairman),  J.P.Anderson,   J.M.F.Royce,  B.J.Walker, P.Bower,  H.Taylor,  M.Wilkins. A.Clayworth, G.May.

16/244: Election of Chairman: Nomination: G.Hutter to stand as Chairman until the May Annual Meeting 2017.  PROPOSED: J.M.F.Royce SECONDED: A.Clayworth. Vote: All in favour. G.Hutter accepted the position of Chairman and signed the Declaration of Acceptance.

16/245: Election of Vice-Chairman: Nomination: B.J.Walker to stand as Vice-Chairman until the May Annual Meeting 2017. PROPOSED: G.Hutter SECONDED: J.P.Anderson. Vote: All in favour. B.J.Walker accepted the position of Vice-Chairman.

Apologies: D.Bexon, C.Dabell, County Councillor, A.Brown, Borough Councillor, S.Matthews.

16/246: Acceptance of Apologies:

PROPOSED:  J.P.Anderson    SECONDED:  J.M.F.Royce. Vote: All in favour.

16/247: Declaration of Interest: Memorial Hall Trustees in any business pertaining to the Memorial Hall.

16/248: Minutes of the previous meeting:

Resolved: That the previously circulated Minutes of the Parish Council meeting held on the 2nd November, 2016, be accepted and signed as a true record of the business transacted, with the following amendment:

16/240: Chairman’s Report: re-write first sentence as follows: The Chairman reported, her reason for seeking assistance from the Monitoring Officer was due to the conduct of two Councillors’ who had since resigned from the Parish Council. 16/235: : Well House: re-word second sentence: ‘The slats were recycled plastic’.

Acceptance of Minutes: PROPOSED: B.J.Walker SECONDED: G.Hutter. Vote: All in favour.

Progress: 16/231: The Clerk reported all Gotham News advertisements are paid up to date.

16/237: Councillors J.M.F.Royce, B.J.Walker, P.Bower, C.Dabell, G.Hutter, M.Wilkins, D.Bexon attended the Remembrance Day Parade and Service Councillor Walker laid the wreath on behalf of GPC. Also in attendance were the Deputy Lieutenant, the Mayor’s representative and East Leake Councillors

16/249: Two Casual Vacancies – Co-option of new Councillor:

The Chairman had received a letter of application from Mrs. R.Webster for the position of Councillor as a result of the casual vacancy due to the resignation of G.Holbrook.

PROPOSAL: Acceptance of Mrs. R. Webster’s application for the position of Councillor on GPC.

PROPOSED: J.P.Anderson  SECONDED: P.Bower. Vote: All in favour.

One casual vacancy remains. The Clerk to advertise more widely.

16/250:  Finance: Monthly Payments and Receipts:

PROPOSAL: Acceptance of Payment and Receipts.

PROPOSED: J.M.F.Royce  SECONDED: B.J.Walker Vote: All in favour.

a) Formal acceptance of the Recreation Ground/GPC mowing contract  2017/18. – £1,150.

JP Anderson and PR Dines had drafted a new mowing contract which was tabled for acceptance at the January meeting.

PROPOSAL: Acceptance of the Recreation Ground/GPC mowing contract for 2017/18 – £1,150.

PROPOSED: J.P.Anderson SECONDED: B.J.Walker Vote: All in favour.

b) Recreation Ground Budget £7,588.

PROPOSED: G.May SECONDED: M.Wilkins Vote: Eight in favour, one abstention.

The Clerk confirmed, E. Perrell does not mow the bank, adjacent to the car park. This area is mown by Horizon Contractors.

c) Chairman’s allowance – payment to date to retired Chairman – £58.33

PROPOSAL: To pay the retired Chairman the allowance of £58.33 owed for one month.

PROPOSED: M.Wilkins SECONDED: P.Bower. Vote: Eight in favour, one abstention.The Trustees had passed on an invoice for part payment for the hire of the p.a. system for the Service of Remembrance held in the Memorial Hall on the 13th November, 2016.

PROPOSAL: GPC to pay the whole cost of the p.a. system hire i.e. £216, as promised by the recently retired Chairman.

PROPOSED: B.J.Walker SECONDED: J.P.Anderson. Vote: eight in favour, one against.

The next Finance Meeting to be held on the 31st  January, 2017 at 7.30 p.m.

16/251: Chairman of Planning and Development Committee: (J.P.Anderson)

J.P.Anderson reported no planning application received for Clifton Pastures. Three plans had been submitted for a total of thirty new houses in Barton in Fabis. GPC are not consultees but had registered an objection on the grounds of traffic problems, extra load on school places and other community facilities. A letter had been received from M.King of Midland Rural Housing re the possibility of part of the glebe land by the allotments owned by the Diocese of Southwell being available for affordable housing in Gotham.The land behind the former RBL site still in negotiation but held up by the poor access road/ransom strip. The Government’s Autumn Statement may have announced legislation to help with financial considerations to assist this type of affordable housing development. The ongoing building work behind the NET 2 site at Clifton is the foundation for an industrial estate.

16/252: Planning Applications Received: Nil.

16/253: Planning Decisions Received:.

16/12: (ref: 16/02053/FUL)  10 Hill Rd   – Dormer window to front.    GRANTED

16/13: (ref:16/02308/FUL) 8 St.Andrew Close – Single storey side extension. GRANTED

16/254: Report by Vice-Chairman of the Environment Committee:

The last Environment meeting took place on the 15th November,  2016 chaired by C.Dabell.

Christmas Tree: The Christmas tree had been successfully erected on the 2nd December 2016 with a well attended lighting up ceremony.

The Well House: The two bench seats will be delivered to Howick’s Farm. The price is higher due to the cast iron support in the middle of each bench.

Cemetery Graves: No response from Gotham News request for family members to come forward re their wishes for grave maintenance.

Heritage Day: G.Hutter reported, the two First Aiders who attended Heritage Day, received a donation of £20 each in favour of East Leake Owl Sanctuary and South Notts First Responders (G.Whitehead). In comparison to other villages’ donations this amount seemed derisory. It was, therefore, PROPOSED by M.Wilkins, SECONDED by P.Bower that an additional donation of £50 to should be added in favour of South Notts First Responders, via G.Whitehead, at next month’s meeting. Vote: Six in favour, three against.

16/255: Memorial Hall Report: G.Hutter reported a problem with scruffy play equipment. A decision is to be made on whether or not the Trustees will continue the play equipment maintenance which costs a substantial sum on money. The NCC Small improvement grant will be applied for in 2017/18. J.P.Anderson suggested a village survey be conducted to gauge the amount of support for the purchase of new play equipment. A Working Party could be formed with representatives from GPC, Memorial Hall Trustees and parents of young children. G.Hutter to report GPC’s ideas to the next meeting of the Trustees.

16/256: Flooding: Nottm. City Transport repairing the blocked drain at the back of their depot. An A1 sized map of drainage ditches is required to work out a plan of action and to carry out a survey on all culverts owned by NCT. The tenant of the Diocese land will be partly responsible for paying for ditch clearance. A new ditch might be required as the land behind the New Rectory is overgrown and difficult to access to dig out the existing ditch. A Flood Committee to be set up to report findings to GPC. G.May volunteered to join as GPC representative. Two parishioners had lodged their interest in helping form a Committee. A quote to be obtained for the building of small wall of sandbags opposite to the culvert exit into the Railway Walk ditch. The mesh at the drain exit was removed by a representative from B.T. A. Howick to replace mesh at the head of the culvert with railings. This will not block with leaves as easily as mesh and serve to prevent badgers entering the drainage pipe. NCC to be asked to inspect the village drains. J.M.F.Royce to inform County Councillor A. Brown of progress to date. P.Bower reported he had initially reported blocked drains to the Council in June, 2016. The Clerk to write to M.Simes informing her of the probable new ditch leading from Leake Road to her field. The extra surge of water resulting in the renewed NCT culvert and ditch might cause flooding to her field if her drain cannot cope with extra water.

16/257: Revised Standing Orders: J.P.Anderson, P.R.Dines, B.J.Walker and J.M.F.Royce had revised the GPC Standing Orders, in conjunction with NALC Model Standing Orders.  A copy was circulated to all Councillors who are invited to peruse them and report their findings to the next meeting. Included in the document are the following items:

Financial Regulations, Code of Conduct, Email Protocol, Memorandum of Understanding between GPC and Memorial Hall/Recreation Ground Trustees, Trustees of Memorial Hall/Recreationg Ground/GPC Mowing Contract.

A letter of thanks to be sent to P.R.Dines for her work on the Standing Orders document.

16/258: Clerk’s Appraisal: Date to be arranged in January, 2017.
G Hutter suggested that a small committee should carry out appraisal as this is in the guidelines set out by NALC.

PROPOSAL: Extension of meeting beyond 9.30 p.m. to complete the Agenda.

PROPOSED: G.Hutter SECONDED: J.P.Anderson. Vote: All in favour.

16/259: Policing Matters/Vandalism::

November crime figures circulated by B.J.Walker. No crime reported in Gotham.

16/260: Gotham News and Media:

J.P.Anderson had worked alongside M.J.Sheppard to edit the November edition of Gotham News. Distribution was also undertaken by J.P.Anderson. Thanks recorded to M.J.Sheppard for his hard work on Gotham News. The printer, S.Douglas has retired so a replacement to be sought.

Next copy – March 2017. J.P.Anderson to review the delivery round. Gotham News Editorial Team: J.P.Anderson (delivery) B.J.Walker, H.Trobridge (proof readers). M.Wilkins, photography,G.Hutter (advertising).

16/261: Chairman’s Report: Nil to report.

16/262: Clerk’s Report: A thank you note had been received from Mrs. J. Moss for her gift from GPC on her 100th birthday.

16/263: Matters to Report:

B.J.Walker asked the Clerk to remind D.Healey to sweep leaves from outside the old Post Office.

A.Clayworth reported continued problem of dog mess on pavements. Signs could be displayed on every lamp post.

Clerk to enquire if NCC or RBC  produce standard dog fouling signage. Perhaps stage a Day of Action.

H.Taylor reported Police and RBC had been notified of problem of drug dealing on Hill Road.

J.P.Anderson called for another GPC representative to serve on the Sports Arena Committee. G.Hutter volunteered. A meeting is unlikely before the Council AGM in May.’A meeting may be held in May, 2017.

H.Taylor had asked the Gotham Surgery to advertise his offer to help patient’s access their prescription order online.

J.P.Anderson tendered his apologies for absence at the January, 2017 GPC meeting.

16/264: Date of Next Meeting: The next Meeting will be held on Tuesday, 3rd January, 2017 at 7.30 p.m.

Meeting closed at 10.15 p.m.

Minutes of a Meeting of Gotham Parish Council (01/11/16)

Present: G.Hutter, (Vice-Chairman),  J.P.Anderson,   J.M.F.Royce,  B.J.Walker, P.Bower, D.Bexon, H.Taylor, C.Dabell, M.Wilkins.

Vice Chairman, G.Hutter, Chaired the meeting.

16/226: Apologies: A.Clayworth, County Councillor, A.Brown, Borough Councillor, S.Matthews.

16/227: Acceptance of Apologies:

PROPOSED:  J.P.Anderson    SECONDED:  J.M.F.Royce. Vote: All in favour.

16/228: Declaration of Interest: J.M.F.Royce in item 9: Remembrance Day Wreath.

16/229: Minutes of the previous meeting:

Resolved: That the previously circulated Minutes of the Parish Council meeting held on the 4th October, 2016, be accepted and signed as a true record of the business transacted, with the following amendment:16/213: Finance:

b/ Purchase of Dictaphone for Recording Meetings: delete second sentence.

PROPOSED: J.M.F.Royce SECONDED: J.P.Anderson  Vote: All in favour.

Progress: Nil to report.

16/230: Casual Vacancy:

The Chairman accepted, with regret, the resignations of Councillors G.Holbrook and .M.J.Sheppard. The Clerk had notified the Electoral and Democratic Engagement Manager, J.Saxby. Three notices of Casual Vacancy had been posted on the noticeboard. The first Casual Vacancy, resulting from the resignation of G.Clark, could be filled at this meeting. There were currently two applicants for this vacancy. The Clerk circulated ballot papers for Councillors to make their choice of applicant. The applications had been circulated to all Councillors prior to the meeting.

The result of the ballot was in favour of Mrs. Gillian May. The Clerk will ask the other applicant if she would allow her application to be carried forward to the next meeting for due consideration. The Clerk will inform J.Saxby of the outcome of the ballot and write to Mrs. May enclosing the appropriate information.

16/231:  Finance:

a/ Monthly Payments and Receipts:

Two outstanding Gotham News advertisers. These two advertisements to be dropped if payment not received by the 4th November, 2016.

PROPOSAL: Acceptance of Payment and Receipts.

PROPOSED: J.M.F.Royce  SECONDED: M.Wilkins Vote: All in favour.

b/ Donation of £250 to Gotham RBL to defray the cost of the Remembrance Day wreath.

PROPOSED: B.J.Walker  SECONDED: C.Dabell. Vote All in favour.

c/ Budgets to Date for 2017/18:

Paper 3 Environment Budget for 2017/18:

PROPOSAL: Acceptance of the Environment Budget: £4,050.00

PROPOSED: B.J.Walker  SECONDED: J.P.Anderson  All in favour.

Two new Budgets to be included in the 2017/18 Capital Budget.

The Square Furniture maintenance: £3,000. (as part of the agreement with NCC Small Improvement Grant)

Well House maintenance:                £1,000. (as part of the agreement with the Heritage Lottery Fund).

PROPOSED: J.P.Anderson, SECONDED: J.M.F.Royce. Vote: All in favour.

Date of Finance Meeting:

The Finance Meeting to be held on the 22nd November, 2016 at 7.30 p.m.

16/232: Chairman of Planning and Development Committee: (J.P.Anderson) Nil to report.

16/233: Planning Applications Received: Nil.

16/234: Planning Decisions Received: Nil.

16/235: Report by Vice-Chairman of the Environment Committee:

C.Dabell reported that the last Environment meeting took place on the 18th October,  2016

Replacement Trees in The Square: J.Taylor had removed the dead Rowan Tree stumps and root balls leaving a hole measuring one cubic metre and filled with top soil. C.Dabell had researched replacement trees and suggested Hornbeam, White Beam or Sweet Chestnut. All trees cost between £120-£130 each. Good mulch must be added to the topsoil. Agreed, White Beam would be the favoured trees to replace the Rowan Trees.

Railway Walk removal of Elders: C. Dabell to ask P. Howick for a price to prune the canopy. The elder trees need removing. The Clerk to ask J.Taylor for a price.

Flooding: The flood on the 15th June, 2016 had been calculated as the worst in eighty years. C. Dabell and A.Dabell had inspected the Bus Station dyke which is still blocked. They will attempt to dig it out. The feeder pipe is too small. NCT to be asked to replace with a larger pipe. Some householders had started cleaning out the ditch from Field House Nurseries up to the Bus Garage. The pipe running into the Parish drain is blocked under the garden area. The eight inch diameter pipe needs replacing with a larger one. County Councillor A. Brown to be urged to get NCC help with drainage problems. An article in Gotham News will appeal for a new flood committee in the hope some volunteers come forward. A discussion on sand bag storage took place. The new committee can consider this item and form an action group to progress the infrastructure. The Clerk to write to the Diocese re the sudcroft from Leake Road across the bottom of the garden of the new Rectory.

Cemetery Mowing: An extra mow had been carried out by Horizon. A  strim of 4/5 rows of graves on both sides of the path had been carried out.

Harold Sumner had repaired the bench seat which now stood on a concrete base.

Well House: G.Hutter had researched a range of bench seats. The cost of two St. Anne’s benches with fitting would be £998. The slats were recycled plastic.

PROPOSAL: Purchase two black recycled plastic, St. Anne’s benches, for the Well House at a cost of £998.

PROPOSED: J.P.Anderson, SECONDED: J.M.F.Royce. Vote All in favour.

It was agreed, the gates are unnecessary at the present time.

The art boards in the roof have not been beaded at the top. Cost of beading would be £250. Agreed, this is unwarranted expense at the present time.

C.Dabell to liaise with ex Councillor, G.Holbrook, re the fitting of the timer.

A banner advertising the Scout bonfire has been attached to the Well House railings. Advertising has been discouraged on this Grade 2 listed building but, as the event is within a few days, it was decided to allow the banner to remain. In future, GPC’s permission should be sought.

16/236: Memorial Hall Report: Next meeting to be held on the 8th November, 2016.

16/237: Arrangements for Remembrance Day – 13th November, 2016:

There would be no police presence which made the marching arrangements difficult. J.M.F.Royce volunteered to marshall in liaison with T.Coles of the RBL.

10.00 a.m. Muster in The Square.

High visibility jackets provided by the RBL. J.M.F.Royce to lay the Parish Council wreath.

The Remembrance Service to take place at the Memorial Hall.

16/238: Policing Matters/Vandalism::

No crime figures to date.

The Police Priority Setting Meeting in Memorial Hall on the 19th October, 2016 attended by the Chief Inspector. The meetings no longer identifying pressing problems on which to concentrate. The Spar shop raiders had been arrested. Next meeting to take place in January, 2017.

16/239: Gotham News and Media:

J.P.Anderson has taken on the editorship of Gotham News with production by Steve Douglas. Ex Councillor, M.J.Sheppard to assist with this edition.

16/240: Chairman’s Report:

The Chairman reported, her reason for seeking assistance from the Monitoring Officer was due the conduct of two Councillors’ who had since resigned from the Parish Council. She was unwilling to take on the role of Chairman, due to health reasons.

16/241: Clerk’s Report: Nil to report.

16/242: Matters to Report:

J.P.Anderson had attended a meeting with Gotham Cricket Club to discuss the terms of their annual grant from GPC.

H.Taylor discussed problems with unsavoury behaviour opposite to Elliott’s Transport garage on Hill Road. Suspect drug dealing ongoing. Litter had been cleared by Elliott’s but had quickly collected again. H.Taylor urged to contact the Police.

P.Bower suggested the bollard, adjacent to the Well House, needed moving aside to allow easier access. Clerk to contact NCC Highways.

M.Wilkins suggested an improvement to the GPC website whereby documents were stored in categories. He would suggest this idea to the webmaster.

16/243: Date of Next Meeting: The next Meeting will be held on Tuesday, 6th December, 2016 at 7.30 p.m.

Meeting closed at 10.05 p.m.

Minutes of a Meeting of the Environment Committee (18/10/16)

Members present: Councillors, G.Holbrook,  J.M.F. Royce, M. Wilkins, M.J.Sheppard.

In Attendance: Councillors, B.J.Walker, P.Bower.

1/ Apologies:  D.Bexon, C.Dabell, G.Hutter.

2/ Declaration of Interest: Nil.

3/ Minutes of previous meeting:

RESOLVED:  That the Minutes of the Environment Committee, held on the 20th September, 2016 as previously circulated, be confirmed and signed as a true record of the business transacted:

PROPOSED:  M.J.Sheppard SECONDED:.J .M.F.Royce Vote: All in favour.

4/ Progress From the Minutes:

Item 4: Cuckoo Bush Mound: K.Thorpe had reported that A.Urry had carried out an excellent job in clearing and tidying the Cuckoo Bush Mound.

5/ Well House Refurbishment (Conclusion): deferred until the next meeting.

6/  Choice of Tree Replacements in The Square: deferred until next meeting.

A third quotation for removing the root balls had been received from J. Taylor totalling £425 plus VAT.

PROPOSAL: Acceptance of J.Taylor’s quotation to remove Rowan Trees root balls leaving a space for new trees one cubic metre in size and infilled with topsoil. PROPOSED: M.Wilkins SECONDED: M.J.Sheppard. Vote: All in favour..

7/ Flooding – Report on Flooding Meeting held on the 13th October, 2016:

M.J.Sheppard reported, 38 parishioners had attended, including Councillors and guests. A very informative meeting. The County/Borough Councils are aiming to write informing homeowners detailing their responsibilities re riparian* (Riparian landowner – one through whose land a natural or manmade watercourse runs).

The Village Flood Survey resulted in a slow response over six weeks which was unhelpful in planning the next step. A. Howick and C. Taylor of NCC, had inspected the village drainage systems today and will circulate a report to affected homeowners. The Diocese own the farm land off Leake Road and would be responsible for the open ditch. Chris Wright of 70 Leake Road offered to help on a village flood committee. It was suggested that each affected sector should elect an inspection team to regularly check numbered gulleys on a map, recording their findings to keep an up to date  observation diary. There are currently only two Council gulley guzzlers in the County. M.J.Sheppard to speak to British Gypsum about this and ask if they would clean out the Gotham gulleys with their equipment. Another approach would be to obtain quotations from private drainage clearance contractors and ask the Council to pay for it, if they are unable to carry out the work themselves. M.J.Sheppard offered to produce a map of village gulleys as a first step.

8/ Budget 2017/18:

The Clerk circulated the current budget for 2016/17 showing up to date spending. It was agreed an added item of two strims of the Railway Walk ditch in April and October should be incorporated into the 2017/18 budget. The Railway Walk needs the removal of elders. J.Taylor to be asked to quote. He had already calculated it would take two days’ work.

The Clerk reported Horizon Contractors were not increasing mowing charges for 2017/18.

PROPOSAL: 2017/18 Environment Budget to be similar to 2016/17 i.e. £4,050. PROPOSED: J.M.F.Royce      SECONDED: M.Wilkins. Vote: All in favour.

Recommendation Capital Proposals: a/ Pump Sinking Fund – £1,000.

b/ The Square Furniture Maintenance £2,000.

PROPOSED: J.M.F.Royce SECONDED: M.Wilkins. Vote: All in favour.

9/ Tree Planning along Nottingham Road, between Bidwell Cres. and Gotham Garage:

Clerk to obtain Services Map before proceeding further.

10/ Improvements/Village Noticeboard:

The Clerk had obtained confirmation from Councillor Bexon that she would progress this item with the parent at Gotham School re his interest in refurbishing the noticeboard.

J.M.F.Royce had attempted a repair to the locks on the noticeboard but they do not work under load.

There are too many long term notices left in the noticeboard. The back board is too difficult to insert drawing pins into.

11/ Replacement Seating in The Square using old Well House seats:

J.M.F.Royce to ask A. Howick to cost  removal of the two damaged seats in The Square and the seat outside the New Rectory to be replaced by the seats removed from the Well House.

12/ NCC Community Improvement Scheme. (New scheme suggestions)

G.Holbrook to ask A. Copson to quote for improving the winged fencing at the Brick Yard entrance to the Railway Walk with the installation of a kissing gate in the middle.

13/  Matters to Report:

Remembrance Day: M.J.Sheppard to organise the appropriate road closure during the Remembrance Day march. J.M.F.Royce offered to steward on Remembrance Day. The march will not extend to Bidwell Crescent as there will not be a police presence.

Arrangements for Remembrance Day to be a main agenda item.

Hanging Baskets: The Clerk is currently progressing the NCC  Hanging Basket licence.

Well House Timer: G.Holbrook not yet fixed the new timer.

New Environment Committee Member: G.Holbrook nominated P. Bower to join the Environment Committee.

Seconded: M.Wilkins. P. Bower accepted.

14/  Date and Time of Next Meeting:

The next meeting will be held in the Weldon Room of the Memorial Hall on Tuesday, 15th  November, 2016 at  8.30 p.m.

Meeting closed: 10.10 p.m.

Minutes of a Meeting of Gotham Parish Council (04/10/16)

Present: Councillors, M.J. Sheppard, (Chairman) G.Hutter, (Vice-Chairman),  J.P.Anderson, G.Holbrook,  J.M.F.Royce,  B.J.Walker, P.Bower, A.Clayworth, H.Taylor, C.Dabell, M.Wilkins.

In attendance: County Councillor A. Brown, Borough Councillor S.Matthews.

16/206: Apologies: D.Bexon

16/207: Acceptance of Apologies:

PROPOSED:  J.M.F.Royce.    SECONDED: B.J.Walker. Vote: All in favour.

16/208: County Councillor A. Brown:

County Councillor A. Brown reported the following:

Shale Gas: The County Council meeting, on the 5th October, 2016, will discuss shale gas drilling and is expected to attract 2,000 protestors. The applicant is Island Gas. A.Brown to keep an open mind until all the evidence has been heard.

Barton Lane: – It is doubtful this lane will be re-adopted as it was purposefully planned too narrow to become a through road. Users of the lane could be prosecuted and are not insured. At the Public consultation, it was agreed Barton Lane would become a bridleway.

Stanford Hall Rehabilitation Centre – Sewage works for the new rehabilitation centre at East Leake causing sink holes in adjacent fields.

NCC Community Improvement Scheme available. (Environment Agenda)

Yellow Lines: Yellow lines to be repainted on Nottingham Road from the junction with Kegworth Road up to the allotments.

Flood Meeting: A.Brown to attend the public meeting on the 13th October, 2016.

16/209: Borough Councillor S. Mathews:

Borough Councillor S. Mathews reported the following:

RBC Civic Centre: Recently sold for £7,000,000. Contracts to be exchanged in March, 2017.

RBC have appointed three Business Commissioners.

Waitrose at Sharphill – decision to build on hold.

Brookside School, East Leake, to be extended by a third. Lantern Lane School has opened a two class annexe.

If the Clifton Pastures building goes ahead, East Leake Academy will double in size. Currently, parking issues near to the Academy proving difficult for adjacent dwellings.

The Chairman thanked Councillors Brown and Matthews for their attendance. They left the meeting at 8.07 p.m.

16/210: Declaration of Interest: Nil.

16/211: Minutes of the previous meeting:

Resolved: That the previously circulated Minutes of the Parish Council meeting held on the 6th September, 2016, be accepted and signed as a true record of the business transacted, with the following amendment: 16/187: Progress: Standing Orders: add J.M.F.Royce to the list of Councillors updating Standing Orders.

PROPOSED: J.P.Anderson  SECONDED: G.Hutter. Vote: All in favour.

Progress: 16/204: Matters to Report: J.P.Anderson in contact with a Company who provide software aimed to improve Council financial record keeping.

16/212: Casual Vacancy:

The Chairman accepted, with regret, the resignation of Councillor G. Clark. G.Clark had made very useful contributions to GPC, especially during negotiations on the Gotham Community Hub. He had taken over the traffic calming gun and arranged a rota of users over a lengthy period of time. He has helped with the Gotham News distribution and has kindly offered to continue with Parish work, if required.

The Clerk will write a letter of thanks.

Two letters of application to serve on GPC had been received and will be forwarded to Council prior to the November meeting. The Casual Vacancy notice will expire on the 10th October, 2016 having been advertised for fourteen working days.

It had been reported that the public noticeboard had been tampered with and the Casual Vacancy notice removed over a period of two days’. J.M.F.Royce had notified the Electoral and Democratic Engagement Manager, J.Saxby, who advised replacing the notice. J.M.F.Royce had attempted a repair to the worn out lock on the Parish Council section of the noticeboard.

16/213:  Finance:

a/ Monthly Payments and Receipts:

The Clerk reported a refund of £284 had been received from Romano’s ice cream. A letter of thanks to be sent.

PROPOSAL: Acceptance of Payment and Receipts.

PROPOSED: J.P.Anderson  SECONDED: P.Bower Vote: All in favour.

b/ Purchase of Dictaphone for Recording Meetings:

M.Wilkins had purchased a dictaphone at a cost of £29.68. G.Hutter to investigate other Parish Councils’ policy on the recording of meetings and storage of the information.

c/ Application from Gotham Rangers for a donation towards new goal posts.

The Chairman read out a letter from C.North, Secretary to Gotham Rangers, asking for a donation towards lightweight goal posts which would cost £2,000.

PROPOSAL: A donation of the maximum amount payable to an established group in one financial year, £500, to be made to Gotham Rangers towards the purchase of lightweight goal posts.

PROPOSED: B.J.Walker  SECONDED: J.P.Anderson  All in favour.

d/ Date of Finance Meeting:

The Finance Meeting to be held on the 25th October, 2016 at 7.30 p.m.

16/214: Chairman of Planning and Development Committee: (J.P.Anderson)

J.P.Anderson reported the last planning meeting took place on the 20th September, 2016 when green belt issues were discussed. A planning application for Clifton Pastures expected any day now.

16/215: Planning Applications Received:

16/13: (ref:16/02308/FUL) 8 St.Andrew Close – Single storey side extension.

PROPOSAL: NO OBJECTION.

PROPOSED: J.P.Anderson  SECONDED: M.J. Sheppard. Vote: All in favour.

16/216: Planning Decisions Received:

16/6 (ref: 16/01384/VAR) British Gypsum:   Vary condition 3 of planning permission 15/01353/VAR to permit the             open storage of natural gypsum material in addition to desulpherised gypsum.- GRANTED

16/8:  (ref: 16/)1502/ADV) Sun Inn: Display illuminated/non-illuminated signage on exterior of building.GRANTED

16/9:  (ref: 16/01543/FUL) 1 Gladstone Ave: Single storey side extension –GRANTED

16/10: (ref:16/01533/FUL) Fairholme, The Rushes – Side and rear extension.- GRANTED

16/217: Report by Chairman of the Environment Committee: (G.Holbrook)

G.Holbrook reported that the last Environment meeting took place on the 20th September, 2016

Well House: The list of defects had been forwarded to the builder and architect. Awaiting their response.

Two defects, i.e. the loose railing had been welded. External paving blocks had been filled in. G.Holbrook to fit a new timer.

PROPOSAL: To formerly disband the Well House Management Sub-Committee.

PROPOSED: G.Hutter  SECONDED: M.Wilkins  Vote: All in favour.

Well House benches: G.Hutter had researched suitable replacement benches. Approximate cost – £450 each. J.M.F.Royce to take exact measurements required. Two benches might be sufficient to allow more room for pushchair/wheelchair access.

PROPOSAL: Acceptance of Saunders Bros (Builders) Ltd. Contract

PROPOSED: G.Holbrook  SECONDED: M.J.Sheppard.. Vote: Nine in favour, two abstentions.

A 5% retention fee payable after six months. (i.e. £1,400) should be retained until snags made good. J.P.Anderson reported, M.Goodwill-Hodgson had verbally confirmed Saunders would carry out work to put right the noted defects.

Thanks to G.Hutter for her continued work on the Well House and bench research.

Flooding Public Meeting – 13th October, 2016:

M.J.Sheppard confirmed that the following advisors would attend the meeting:

D.Banks (NCC)

County Councillor A.Brown.

K.Emery (NCC)

Caunton and Southwell Councillor Bruce Laughton. (Flood prevention expert)

Posters circulated to all parishioners and advertised around the village.

Available GPC members to set up the main hall at 6.00 p.m. Meeting commences at 7.00 p.m.

C.Dabell left the meeting at 9.30 p.m.

PROPOSAL: Extension of this meeting to complete the business as per the agenda.

PROPOSED: A.Clayworth  SECONDED: M.J.Sheppard. Vote: All in favour.

Fracking – Government Shale Gas Wealth Consultation. (M.Wilkins).

M.Wilkins explained the survey was mainly concerned with the question of affected neighbourhoods agreeing to financial compensation. M.Wilkins to fill in the consultation paper and submit.

16/218: Memorial Hall Report: Next meeting to be held in November, 2016.

16/219: Parish Council Image: (J.P.Anderson)

J.P.Anderson reported, positive feedback following Heritage Day which should have boosted PC image. An article in Gotham News asking for parishioners’ view of GPC and how they assessed Heritage Day might be beneficial. M.Wilkins urged Councillors to attend other Gotham activities such as the Gotham Fest.

M. Wilkins offered to post GPC minutes and agendas on the Village Facebook page. (Agenda item main meeting).

The process to reduce the number of Councillors on GPC takes twelve months and is at the behest of RBC. Cost is £10,000 for an election. A village the size of Gotham would normally have nine councillors serving. This should be considered.

16/220: Policing Matters/Vandalism::

No crime figures to date.

Police Priority Setting Meeting in Memorial Hall on the 19th October, 2016 in Moonrakers’ Room.

16/221: Gotham News and Media:

Official copy date – 17th October, 2016 for November issue. The Clerk reported two advertisements still unpaid.

Suggestion – ask Earl Howe, J.Everitt (of Heritage Lottery Fund) and D.Logan to write an article on their Heritage Day experience. A centre spread of assorted happy photographs of the Heritage Day.

16/222: Chairman’s Report:

M.J.Sheppard reported the Christmas Committee to hold a meeting on the 24th October, 2016.

Photographs of Heritage Day to be sent to Earl Howe.

Letters of thanks from the Chairman sent to P.Dines, A. and M. Howick for their help during Heritage Day. The reception, catered for by M. Howick, had been a delicious spread.

Remembrance Day Parade to be held on the 13th November, 2016.

16/223: Clerk’s Report:

The Clerk thanked B.J.Walker for agreeing to attend the RBC Town and Parish Forum on the 5th October, 2016.

16/224: Matters to Report:

J.P.Anderson reported the Gotham Community Benefit Society would be formally wound up in November, 2016.

P.Bower suggested the bollard, adjacent to the Well House, needed moving aside to allow easier access.

16/225: Date of Next Meeting: The next Meeting will be held on Tuesday, 1st November, 2016 at 7.30 p.m.

A Clayworth tendered his apologies for the November meeting.

Meeting closed at 10.10 p.m.

Minutes of a Meeting of Gotham Parish Council (06/09/16)

Present: Councillors, M.J. Sheppard, (Chairman) G.Hutter, (Vice-Chairman),  J.P.Anderson, G.Holbrook,  J.M.F.Royce,  B.J.Walker, P.Bower, A.Clayworth, D.Bexon, H.Taylor, C.Dabell.

16/185: Apologies: Councillors M.Wilkins, G.Clark, County Councillor A. Brown, Borough Councillor, S.Matthews.

16/186: Acceptance of Apologies:

PROPOSED:  J.M.F.Royce.    SECONDED: J.P.Anderson. Vote: All in favour.

16/187: Minutes of the previous meeting:

Resolved: That the previously circulated Minutes of the Parish Council meeting held on the 5th July, 2016, be accepted and signed as a true record of the business transacted.

PROPOSED: J.P.Anderson  SECONDED: G.Holbrook. Vote: All in favour.

Progress: Standing Orders: B.J.Walker, J.P.Anderson, J.M.F.Royce and P.R.Dines had inspected the current Standing Orders and would draw up an updated and more transparent copy in conjunction with the Clerk.

J.M.F.Royce had researched the item on pg.4 16/171.Matters to report: According to Highways Code rule 54 ‘Horses are allowed on the public highway but forbidden on the pavement and constitute a trespass to the owner of the pavement’.

Resolved: That the previously circulated Minutes of the Extraordinary Parish Council meeting held on the 19th August, 2016 be accepted and signed as a true record of the business transacted, with the following amendments: pg 1. 16/127:Inscribed Stone to Well House: delete ‘G.Hutter’ from named vote for ‘against’. 3rd para, 3rd sentence replace word ‘restored’ with ‘saved’. Pg 2. correct spelling to read Heritage Lottery ‘grantees’ Bells ringing on Heritage Day at 12 noon and 1.50 p.m. delete wording ‘following the unveiling ceremony’ and replace with ‘prior to the unveiling ceremony’.

PROPOSED: G.Hutter  SECONDED: M.J.Sheppard. Vote: All in favour.

Progress: Well House Threshold Stone:

PROPOSAL: The threshold stone should read:

1862 Gifted by the 1st Earl Howe

1965 Saved by the Village, 2016 Restored:

Unveiled by the 7th Earl Howe

Proposed: G. Hutter. Seconded: M.J.Sheppard. Vote: nine in favour, two against.

G.Holbrook offered the £30 cost to infill the lettering in black to enhance the wording. The Chairman thanked G. Holbrook for his generous offer but it was agreed to retain the lettering in plain stone.

16/188: County Councillor A. Brown: (apologies received)

16/189: Borough Councillor S. Mathews: (apologies received)

16/190: Declaration of Interest: Nil.

16/191:  Finance:

a/ Monthly Payments and Receipts:

PROPOSAL: Acceptance of Payment and Receipts for August, 2016

PROPOSED: M.J.Sheppard SECONDED: J.P.Anderson  Vote: All in favour.

PROPOSAL: Acceptance of Payment and Receipts for September, 2016

PROPOSED: J.M.F.Royce SECONDED: J.P.Anderson  Vote: All in favour.

b/ Recommendation from the Cemetery Sub-Committee re mowing and maintenance.

J.P.Anderson reported the following recommendations from the Cemetery Sub-Committee Meeting held on the 28th July, 2016:

PROPOSAL: Rear of Cemetery to allow Horizon to clear weeds/pots from last four rows of graves during October on an annual basis – Cost £295.

PROPOSED: J.P.Anderson  SECONDED: M.J.Sheppard. All in favour.

c/ Finance – quarterly update:

The Clerk reported, revenue payments in line for the third quarter of the year. The Heritage Day costs are within budget.

d/ Handelsbanken reduction of interest to 0.00%

The Clerk had received an advice note from Handelsbanken re a reduction in interest rate on deposits to 0.00%.

The Co-operative Bank offer the following bank interest rates:

14 day – 0.09% Fixed rate: 3 months – 0.34%  6 months – 0.50%  9 months 0.97%.

Decision on banking deposit to be discussed at the next meeting.

16/192: Chairman of Planning and Development Committee: (J.P.Anderson)

J.P.Anderson reported the last planning meeting took place on the 19th July, 2016.

There are still no plans for development on the Clifton pastures. In his opinion, the RBC Local Plan is unworkable.

K.Mafham has reported that the Church Commissioners are negative to the suggestion of affordable housing on the Glebe Land, off Leake Road. There has been no news concerning the future of the RBL site.

16/193: Planning Applications Received:

16/11: (ref:16/02092/FUL) 329 Leake Rd – First floor side extension; single storey rear extension; loft conversion.

PROPOSAL: OBJECTION

PROPOSED: J.P.Anderson  SECONDED: J.M.F.Royce. Vote: All in favour.

Reasons for objection: Over intensification of the plot considering it is a matched semi-detached house. The double garage is in front of the building line.

16/12: (ref: 16/02053/FUL)  10 Hill Rd     – Dormer window to front. (retrospective planning application)

The Enforcement Officer had inspected the installation of a dormer window which had provoked the required retrospective planning application. GPC has NO OBJECTION  to the front dormer window.

However, other work consisting of roof lights facing no. 12 and two larger ones facing no. 8 were built following verbal advice from RBC, according to the houseowner.

PROPOSAL: GPC to send a letter to the Planning Authority re lack of planning application for the roof lights.

PROPOSED: J.P. Anderson  SECONDED: B.J.Walker Vote: All in favour.

16/194: Planning Decisions Received:

16/9:  (ref: 16/01543/FUL) 1 Gladstone Ave: Single storey side extension –GRANTED

16/195: Tithe Barn offer from Notts Bus Co. re GPC adoption of Barn.

The Clerk had received an email from Mark Fowles, Managing Director of Nottingham City Transport re the Tithe Barn (English Heritage Building ID: 441385 at the bus garage on Leake Road, suggesting the possible adoption by GPC of the building, should it become available if the bus company cease operating from the site.

G.Hutter offered to speak to RBC Conservation Officer, J.Bate, re a tour of the barn to assess its condition and possible need for a structural survey. The barn is due to be open on Heritage Day on the 18th September, 2016.

PROPOSAL: To register an interest in the Tithe Barn if and when it is formally offered.

PROPOSED: M.J.Sheppard  SECONDED: J.M.F.Royce. Vote: All in favour.

16/196: Report by Chairman of the Environment Committee: (G.Holbrook)

G.Holbrook reported that the Environment meeting on the 19th July, 2016 was inquorate. A discussion was held.

Cuckoo Bush Mound:  Cost to clear the mound, prior to Heritage Day is £300.

PROPOSAL: Acceptance of quotation of £300 for Cuckoo Bush Mound clearance.

PROPOSED: G.Holbrook  SECONDED: G.Hutter. Vote: All in favour.

Environment Budget: In the light of the NCC removal of the Small Improvement Grant, the environment maintenance budget will require revising at the next finance meeting budget proposals.

The Square Bollards: G.Hutter reported, Saunders Bros. had quoted £448 to repaint sixteen bollards and one lamppost. It was agreed not to incur this extra expense for the time being.

The Square street lighting: B.J.Walker reported two street lights are on all day and night. Clerk to report to NCC.

The Square trees: M.J.Sheppard had sought the advice of J.Morris of Six Hills Nursery re replacement trees. There is time until Christmas for new trees to be planted but the root ball from the dead trees must be removed completely and the hole cleared of tarmac as far as possible.

Public Noticeboard: D.Bexon reported, a Gotham School parent had an interest in the refurbishment of the noticeboard with the intention of introducing some heritage content into the design and to refurbish the existing sturdy frame. – Progressing. Enquire Cost.

Heritage Boards repairs:

PROPOSAL: The Clerk to write a letter of thanks to J. Turner and K. Thorpe for their work in repairing and improving the broken Heritage Boards.

PROPOSED: J.P.Anderson SECONDED: B.J.Walker. Vote: All in favour.

The Square Public Seats: G.Hutter suggested removal of the public seats in the Square, currently requiring renovation, to be replaced with the redundant Well House seating. For further discussion at next Environment meeting.

Well House Refurbishment: G.Hutter had received a letter from M. Goodwill-Hodgson re the re-installation of the front gates opening inwards. As this would impinge on the size of the interior space it was PROPOSED: by G.Hutter and SECONDED by A.Clayworth: That if gates were installed they should open outwards – Vote 6 in favour. That the gates should open inwards -: Vote 0 in favour. The gates should not be replaced: –  Vote 3 in favour.

Motion carried to install outward opening gates to the Well House.

Heritage Day – 18th September, 2016 – Arrangements:

Lavatories: G.Hutter reported, D.Smith had kindly offered the loan of four public lavatories to be sited outside the Church Hall at a cost of £35 each. It was decided to decline the offer due to sufficient access to lavatories at the Church Hall, Public Houses and Church.

Car Parking: M.J.Sheppard had sought the permission of both the Royal British Legion and St. Gobain re access to car parking facilities in and at the back of the former RBL site on Heritage Day. Russ Jones of RBL had responded that the RBL car park could be made available by removal of the concrete blocks but would need to be closed again by evening. This could present a problem if cars were left until late at night . St. Gobain had responded with a list of insurance requirements which the Clerk would check with Aon insurers.

The Police had been informed of the event. Letters to households re the temporary closure of The Square, prior to Heritage Day, had been circulated. Mr. Goode of NCC attending to traffic procedure and restrictions. There would be no parking on Leake Road, between the bus station and the Cuckoo Bush during Heritage Day. A large sign would be posted up directing traffic to available parking sites. Barriers of ropes and cones to be provided to protect access to The Square.

Litter Bins: G. Hutter to ask P.Humphries for the loan of the oil drums used at the recent Gotham Festival.

Heritage Day Marshalls: The Clerk had acquired ten high vis tabards for the marshalls to wear. She had enquired whether the Gotham Scouts would be available to marshall but, to date, received no response. Four marshalls were already booked but there needs to be at least ten.

Publicity: M.J.Sheppard had distributed posters to surrounding villages and M. Elliott of Keyworth had received 20 for posting up in other parishes.

Staging: Memorial Hall staging to be erected for the use of Earl Howe during the opening ceremony.

Sound System: M.Lowe organising.

Gazebos: Loaned from various parishioners.

Electrical Supply: Arranged via St. Lawrence Church.

First Aid: G.Whitehead.

16/197: Memorial Hall Report:

A.Clayworth reported the lighting outside the Memorial Hall had been suitably dimmed at the request of adjacent households.

Councillor H. Taylor had resigned from the Trustees. The Chairman thanked him for his past work.

The next meeting of the Trustees would be held during November.

16/198: Defibrillator:

G.Hutter reported, the Memorial Hall defibrillator requires new pads. An annual contract for defibrillator maintenance costs £126 and is carried out by Community Heartbeat Trust.

PROPOSAL: To take out an annual maintenance contract with Community Heartbeat Trust at a cost of £126.

PROPOSED: J.P.Anderson SECONDED: G.Holbrook. Vote: All in favour.

The Chairman thanked G.Hutter for her continued inspection of the defibrillator.

16/199: Policing Matters/Vandalism::

M.J.Sheppard had responded positively, to a request from Hilary Gibbons of NALC, to provide evidence of the need for Police Priority Setting Meetings. She had thanked him for his comprehensive reply and will use it to report to the Notts Police and Crime Commissioner, Paddy Tipping.

PROPOSAL: Extension of this meeting beyond 9.30 p.m..

PROPOSED: J.P.Anderson  SECONDED: G.Holbrook. Vote: All in favour.

16/200: Gotham News and Media:

Official copy date – 17th October, 2016 for November issue. The Clerk reported two advertisements unpaid.

16/201: Parish Council Image: (J.P.Anderson). Nil to report.

16/202: Chairman’s Report:

M.J.Sheppard had received a letter from the Long Eaton Sea Cadets who will  visit Gotham Memorial Hall on the 27th September, 2016. Clerk to contact L.Bramley to alert her to their visit.

A. letter had been received from A. Hind re parking in The Square during her wedding on the 17th September, 2016.

16/203: Clerk’s Report:

The Clerk had received notice of the SLCC A.G.M. on the 14th October, 2016 at the Jurys Inn Hinkley Island Hotel.

B.J.Walker had informed the Clerk she would be willing to attend the RBC Parish Forum on the 6th October, 2016.

The Clerk had received confirmation that GPC would receive £300 funding for Gotham Remembers from the NCC Community Commemoration Fund following her application submitted during May, 2016.

The Clerk will be away on holiday from the 9th to the 16th September, 2016. GPC mail to be diverted to Chairman, M.J.Sheppard. Urgent bills to be paid by J.M.F.Royce.

16/204: Matters to Report:

C.Dabell had received complaints re lack of action following the June floods. M.J.Sheppard to arrange a meeting with Bruce Laughton of Southwell who had drawn up a flood management manual. The Clerk to seek A. Howick’s permission to store flood prevention items at his farm.

M.Wilkins had asked M.J.Sheppard to make a decision re the acquisition of a dictaphone. This would be discussed at the next meeting as time had been short due to the arrangements for Heritage Day, etc.

J.P.Anderson had viewed the Kegworth Parish Council financial software with a view to purchasing similar for Gotham P.C. No decision yet.

16/205: Date of Next Meeting: The next Meeting will be held on Tuesday, 4th October, 2016 at 7.30 p.m.

Meeting closed at 10.40 p.m.

Minutes of a Meeting of the Planning & Development Committee (19/07/16)

Present: Councillors, J.P.Anderson,  M.Wilkins, J.M.F.Royce,  H.Taylor, G.Hutter, G.Clark, B.J.Walker.

1/ Apologies: A.Clayworth, M.J.Sheppard.

The Chairman and Committee expressed their sympathy to M.J.Sheppard and family following the recent sad loss of Toby Sheppard.

2/ Election of Vice-Chairman:

Nomination: A.Clayworth. PROPOSED BY: J.P. Anderson, SECONDED: B.J.Walker. Vote: All in favour.

3/ Declaration on Interest: B.J.Walker expressed an interest in Planning Application:

(ref:16/01533/FUL) Fairholme, The Rushes

4/ Minutes of the Meeting held on Tuesday, 21st June, 2016.

RESOLVED: That the Minutes of the Planning & Development Committee, held on the 21st June, 2016 as previously circulated, be confirmed and signed as a true record of the business transacted.

PROPOSED: J.M.F.Royce SECONDED: M.Wilkins. Vote: Four in favour, three abstentions.

5/ Progress from the Minutes, not on the Agenda:

Shale Gas meeting: M.Wilkins had attended a meeting, held at the Friends Meeting House, Clarendon Street, on the 11th July, 2016. The meeting discussed technical aspects of mining for shale gas. There had been no application for mining shale gas in Nottinghamshire to date. Information given out seemed confusing and relied on guesswork. The main fear is pollution and tremors. A site in Yorkshire has gained planning permission and testing for gas will be evaluated. Shale gas mining in Scotland and Wales has been banned.

6/ Affordable Houses Update:

Three attendees at the GPC main meeting explained the process of producing affordable housing. To date, there was no news on the outcome of the sale of the RBL site. K.Mafham researching the availability of Glebe Land, adjacent to the New Rectory.

7/ Clifton Pastures Update:

To date, no planning application for housing on Clifton Pastures. The bottom has fallen out of the housing market due to Brexit. J.P.Anderson suggested holding a half day seminar in October, hosted by GPC organised by K.Mafham, to discuss green belt issues. An entry charge of £25 could be implemented. R.Mapletoft, in reply to an enquiry re housing numbers by Barton P.C., had quoted numbers, due in part by the increase in immigration, which had increased the need for houses.

8/ Planning Decisions Received: Nil.

9/ Planning Applications Received:

16/8:  (ref: 16/)1502/ADV) Sun Inn: Display illuminated and non-illuminated signage on exterior of building.

PROPOSAL: NO OBJECTION. With following comments:

1.       Illumination should be no brighter than existing.

2.       There should be a curfew outside opening hours.

3.       This should not set a precedent for other village establishments.

PROPOSED: M.Wilkins SECONDED: G.Hutter. Vote: All in favour.

B.J.Walker left the room at 8.10 p.m. having declared an interest in the following planning application.

16/10: (ref:16/01533/FUL) Fairholme, The Rushes – Side and rear extension.

PROPOSAL: NO OBJECTION.

PROPOSED: J.P.Anderson  SECONDED: H.Taylor. Vote: Five in favour, one against.

PROPOSAL: Amendment to add comment: ‘Reduction of white render to match surrounding properties’.

PROPOSED: J.M.F.Royce  SECONDED: G.Clark.

Vote: three in favour, three against.

Casting vote: against.

B.J.Walker returned to the meeting at 8.20 p.m.

10. Matters to Report:

M.Wilkins had circulated a log-in password to Councillors for access to the village Facebook page.

A dead foal had been dumped on Gypsum Way.

Still too much dog faeces left on village paths. An article in the July edition of Gotham News re this problem.

Heritage Day – 18th September, 2016. H.Taylor offered to show his classic cars – 1953 DB3 Lagonda, 1954 DB3 Lagonda and 1964 Rover 100.

G.Hutter to ask D. Brown to exhibit his Rolls Royce.

The Clerk to ask D. Ashworth to exhibit his MGA.

11. Date & Time of Next Meeting:

The next meeting of the Planning Committee will be held in the Memorial Hall Weldon Room on Tuesday, 20th September, 2016 at 7.30 p.m.

Meeting closed at 8.30 p.m.