Tag Archives: meeting

Minutes of a Meeting of the Environment Committee (18/07/17)

Members present: Councillors, C. Dabell,  G. May, J.M.F. Royce, P. Bower, S. Kent, J.P. Anderson (ex officio)

The election of Chairman of the Environment Committee had become vacant following G. May’s resignation in June, 2017. G. May explained, she is now in a position to re-stand for the Chairmanship.

1.    Election of Chairman:

Nomination: G. May.

PROPOSED: J.M.F. Royce  SECONDED: J.P. Anderson

G. May thanked the Committee and accepted the position of Chairman and said it is time ‘to drive this Committee forward’.

2.    Election of Vice-Chairman:

Nomination: P. Bower.

PROPOSED: J.M.F. Royce  SECONDED: J.P. Anderson . All in favour.

3.    Apologies: D. Bexon, J. Youatt, A. Clayworth.

Reminder: Apologies should be sent to the Clerk prior to the meeting.

Acceptance of Apologies: PROPOSED: J.P. Anderson SECONDED: P. Bower.

4.  Declaration of Interest: Nil.

5.   Minutes of previous meeting:

RESOLVED:  That the Minutes of the Environment Committee, held on the 16th May, 2017 as previously circulated, be confirmed and signed as a true record of the business transacted..

PROPOSED: G. May SECONDED: P. Bower       Vote: All in favour.

6.  Progress Arising from the Minutes:

Item 5. Dog Mess – Progress on signage: The Clerk had laminated ten signs warning the public to collect dog mess from the pavements. These signs to be pinned up around the village.

Item 8: CPRE Best Kept Village Competition 2017: The Clerk reported, the Well House had not been awarded a position in the second round of the competition.

The Well House Heritage Lottery Grant final payment of £2,610 had been received.

7.  Flooding – Up to date progress: (This item to be on the main agenda in future).

The Clerk had requested payment of the £1,050 grant money as, to date, it had not been paid into the bank by RBC. The amount of sandbags and their storage is to be debated by the Flood Committee. Storage might be preferable in the Tithe Barn, with the consent of NCT.

The Parish Council is the liaison body between Notts County Council and RBC, in order to progress drainage improvements. Monks Lane and Leake Road still have blockages. J.M.F. Royce to check sequel arising from the initial inspections.

8.   Railway Walk – Long term planning – revised date of site meeting:

G. May had drawn up a tender of clearance jobs to be undertaken on the Railway Walk. The Clerk to seek three quotations for the work.

9.  Traffic Calming Interactive Speed Sign:

J.P. Anderson had retrieved the speed monitoring sign, initially for testing, to be set up between 34 Leake Road and Hill Road.

PROPOSAL: Purchase of replacement battery for the speed monitoring sign – Cost £100.

PROPOSED: G. May SECONDED: P. Bower Vote: All in favour.

10.  Village Seat repairs – progress

J.M.F. Royce reported, all village seats, except for the Railway Walk ones, had been refurbished by D. Healey.

Clerk to ask D. Healey to refurbish Railway Walk seats.

The Cheese Hill seat is not worth refurbishing unless the shrubbery in front of it is cut down to allow visibility. The quotation to cut the shrubbery is £200. It was agreed, to leave this seat for the present time.

11.  Litter:

The litter situation in the village has improved, probably due to longer grass concealing it.

12.  Progress  on Noticeboard Improvements:

G. May had asked D. Howick to draw up a specification for village sign renovation. This is to replace the display cabinet only.

P. Bower to progress other contractors.

13.   Village Verges:

G. May has spoken to County Councillor A. Brown re the state of the village verges. Cost cutting by NCC and a bid to attract more wildlife had prevented more mowing. G. May suggested a meeting with K. Hourd, or other representative from the Council, to draw up a map to identify important areas of the village where more grass cutting is required. K. Thorpe interested in attending the meeting.

14. Matters to Report:

Cuckoo Bush Mound: Requires brush cutting back. Clerk to ask A. Urry for a quotation.

The Square bollard: The bollard knocked over in the Spring had still not been replaced by NCC.

15.   Date and Time of Next Meeting:

The next meeting will be held in the Weldon Room of the Memorial Hall on Tuesday, 19th September, 2017 at 8.30 p.m.

Meeting closed: 9.00 p.m.