Tag Archives: Gotham Parish Council

Notice of a Meeting of Gotham Parish Council (04/04/17)

GOTHAM PARISH COUNCIL

Mrs J A Raven
Clerk to the Council
33 Leake Road
Gotham
Notts
NG11 0HW
Tel: 0115 9830863
Email: gothamparishclerk@outlook.com

30 March 2017

Dear Councillor,

YOU ARE duly summoned to attend a MEETING OF THE GOTHAM PARISH COUNCIL to be held on

TUESDAY, 4th April, 2017

commencing at 7.30 p.m. in the Weldon Room of the Memorial Hall.

Yours sincerely,

J.A.Raven, Clerk to the Council

AGENDA

1. Apologies.
2. Acceptance of Apologies.
3. County Councilor Andrew Brown.
4. Borough Councilor Stuart Matthews.
5. Declaration of Interest.
6. Minutes of the Meeting of the Parish Council Held on the 7th March, 2017 Accuracy / Progress.
7. Finance:
a) Monthly Payments and Receipts.
b) Appointment of Internal Auditor
c) New Software for Gotham News Layout.
d) Application from Gotham Cricket Club for £450 towards junior coaching
e) Funding for Neighbourhood Plan
8. Memorial Hall Report (A.Clayworth/D.Bexon/G.Hutter)
Playground and Maintenance.
9. Report by Chairman of Planning and Development Committee:
RBC Local Plan Pt. 2
10. Planning Decisions Received:
17/1: (ref: 17/00196/FUL) 329 Leake Rd – 1st floor side extn. single storey rear extn. Loft conversion
11. Planning Applications Received: Nil. GRANTED
12. Environment Committee Report:
Well House deferred
13. Flooding Progress Report
14. Standing Orders Reminder
15. Clerk’s appraisal (date of meeting)
16. Policing Matters (D.Bexon/B.J.Walker)
17. Gotham News & Media
18. Annual Parish Meeting on 25th April, 2017 (Agenda)
19. Chairman’s Report
20. Clerk’s Report/Correspondence: see overleaf:
21. Matters to Report
22. Items for Next Agenda
23. Date of next Meeting – (Annual Meeting 2nd May, 2017 at 7.30 p.m.)

The Public and Press are cordially invited to attend this meeting.

Minutes of a Meeting of Gotham Parish Council (07/02/17)

A One Minute Silence was observed in memory of retired Councillor Liz Reid, who sadly died last week.

Present: G. Hutter, (Chairman), B.J. Walker, (Vice-Chairman), D. Bexon, J.M.F. Royce, P. Bower, H. Taylor, M. Wilkins., G. May, C. Dabell, J.P. Anderson, A. Clayworth.

In Attendance: M. Raven

17/25: Apologies: County Councillor A. Brown, Borough Councillor S. Matthews.

17/26: Acceptance of Apologies:
PROPOSED: G. Hutter SECONDED: M. Wilkins. Vote: All in favour.

17/27: Report by County Councillor, A. Brown: N/a (apologies received)

17/28: Report by Borough Councillor, S. Matthews: N/a (apologies received).

17/29: Declaration of Interest:
Memorial Hall Trustees in any business pertaining to the Memorial Hall.
M. Wilkins in Agenda item 20. Gotham News and Media.

17/30: Minutes of the previous meeting:
Resolved: That the previously circulated Minutes of the Parish Council meeting held on the 3rd January, 2017 be accepted and signed as a true record of the business transacted, with the following amendments:
17/14: Flooding Progress Report: 4th line, replace ‘drain’ with ‘culvert’.
17/18: Gotham News and Media: 2nd sentence, correct spelling from ‘Wilcox’ to ‘Wilkins’.
Acceptance of amended Minutes: PROPOSED J.M.F. Royce SECONDED: G. Hutter. Vote: All in favour.

Progress: Pg. 3 Item 17/17: B.J. Walker reported the Police Priority Setting Meeting to now be held on the 8th February, 2017 at 10.00 a.m. at Keyworth Village Hall. B.J. Walker, to attend.
Pg. 3 17/7: Formal acceptance of the Revenue Budget 2017/18: £32,661.31. The Revenue Budget had increased to £32,787.31 to include the Defibrillator annual maintenance charge of £126. PROPOSED: J.P. Anderson SECONDED: J.M.F. Royce. Vote: All in favour.

17/31 Acceptance of Revised Standing Orders:
J.P. Anderson reported the reviewed Standing Orders, carried out during August, 2016, had been circulated to Councillors at the December, 2016 meeting for them to check their accuracy. The twenty-two-page document is complicated and produced from the NALC Model Standing Orders and amended to suit Gotham Parish Council’s specific needs within the legal framework to include statutory laws. The Standing Orders and Policies should be reviewed on an annual basis.
J.M.F. Royce had drawn up a list of alterations required and would forward them to J.P. Anderson. He suggested checking sections of the Standing Orders during the next six Parish Council meetings.
a. 18b Clerk’s appraisal – The Council will, upon a resolution, conduct a review of the performance and annual appraisal of the work of the Parish Clerk. The resolution shall determine who will carry out the appraisal. The review and appraisal shall be reported in writing and is subject to approval by resolution by the Council.
PROPOSAL: Adoption of Revision 1 of the Standing Orders dated 1st January 2017.
Next revision to be conducted in April in time for the AGM in May 2017.

PROPOSED: J.P. Anderson SECONDED: M. Wilkins. Vote: ten in favour, one against.
Reason for objection: The document is incomplete and not properly verified.

17/32: Two Casual Vacancies:
The Chairman had received a letter of resignation from R. Webster who had recently accepted the position of Councillor but found she was unable to continue with her membership, due to work commitments. The Clerk had informed the Electoral Officer and posted a Casual Vacancy notice on the Public Noticeboard. Therefore, there are still two vacancies.
An item in Gotham News to be placed which will hopefully attract two new applicants.

M. Raven left the meeting at 8.10 p.m.

17/33 Acceptance of Clerk’s Temporary Assistant (M. Raven).
Thanks recorded to M. Raven who has assisted the Clerk during the change to new computer software. NALC had been informed of the situation and reported many Parish Clerks worked with an assistant.
PROPOSAL: Acceptance of M. Raven’s role of temporary assistant for six months’ when the situation will be reviewed.
PROPOSED: J.M.F. Royce SECONDED: A. Clayworth. Vote: six in favour, five against.

M. Raven returned to the meeting at 8.15 p.m.

17/34: Finance: Monthly Payments and Receipts:
Monthly Payments and Receipts
PROPOSAL: Acceptance of Payment and Receipts.
PROPOSED: J.P. Anderson SECONDED: J.M.F. Royce Vote: All in favour.

Recommendations from the Finance Committee:
Precept for 2017/18 Nil increase.
J.M.F. Royce had spoken with RBC Financial representative, Ms. A. Hall-Wright who had confirmed a nil increase in Precept would result in an extra payment of £40. i.e. £36,440. This is due to the fluctuation in the number of payees of Council Tax which results in a flexible payment overall. The Revenue Budget has increased by 7% in 2017/18. B.J. Walker commented that the Cemetery gardening costs were excessive. (Agenda item for Cemetery Sub-Committee meeting agenda).
PROPOSAL: In view of an expected rise in Council Tax due to the expectation of RBC levying a charge for Social Care, it would be prudent for GPC to vote for a nil increase in the Precept for 2017/18.
PROPOSED: G. Hutter SECONDED: G. May. Vote: ten in favour, one against.
Gotham News Printing by Temple Printers:
Four
quotations had been received for the future printing/layout of Gotham News.
PROPOSAL: Acceptance of Temple Printers quotation of £805 for nine hundred copies. The cost may be reduced to £380 for printing only. Gotham Remembers inserts to cost £125 for printing only.
PROPOSED: G. May SECONDED: G. Hutter. Vote: ten in favour, one abstention.
M. Wilkins had kindly offered to carry out the layout of the March edition of Gotham News.

Permission for RFO to transfer monies from Handelsbanken to Co-op, if necessary.
PROPOSED: G. Hutter SECONDED: J.M.F. Royce. Vote: All in favour.

Application for £500 Gotham Fest Grant (M Lowe). [Deferred until March Meeting]

17/35: Chairman of Planning and Development Committee:
An RBC Public Consultation on Local Plan Part 2 –to be held in the Memorial Hall 9th March 2017 3 – 8 pm.
(item in Gotham News) Parishioners to be invited by RBC notices to every household.

J.P. Anderson read a report re a recent appeal to a development in Aslockton which had been turned down by the Inspector. Ref APP/P3040/W/16/3/31 43126.

The Clifton SUE (Sustainable Urban Extension) has been stalled by the progress of an outline planning application, although the Council are endeavouring to expedite matters with the aid of a planning performance agreement. However, the anticipated on-set development is now expected to be delayed by three years and the dwellings to be delivered within five years are reduced by 575 to less than half of those envisaged in the trajectory. J.P. Anderson had contacted Borough Councillor, S. Matthews, to get clarification on the reason for the three-year delay but no reason was forthcoming. The Local Plan is seemingly unviable.
K. Mafham has carried out an appraisal on available pockets of land within Gotham. The appraisal has not yet been sent to RBC. J.P. Anderson had arranged an informal meeting to be held at the home of B.J. Walker on Thursday, 9th February, 2017 to meet J. Coles of Barton P.C. and Ken Mafham to discuss green belt issues and the way forward re a potential problem with building around Gotham. Article to appear in Gotham News if time allows before the next issue goes to print.
Before any new building in Gotham be considered, the problem with drains must be tackled. The storm drain at Dead Man’s Island is blocked.
The Royal British Legion site is still under offer.

17/36: Planning Decisions Received: Nil.

17/37: Planning Applications Received:
17/1: (Ref: 17/00196/FUL) 329 Leake Road – 1st side extension single storey rear extension, loft conversion (resubmission).
PROPOSAL: OBJECTION.
PROPOSED: J.P. Anderson SECONDED: G. May. Vote: All in favour.
Reason for objection: The garage is in front of the building line and would set a precedent for all the properties along Leake Road. (The Ridgeway).

17/38: Report by Chairman of the Environment Committee:
Bidwell Crescent to Gotham Garage Tree Planting Project: In view of the amount of services identified below ground, it was agreed shrubs would be more appropriate along the Nottingham Road verge. Extra attention to verge mowing would tidy the area.
Relocation of 5 Village Seats: A site meeting took place on the 5th February, 2017 in The Square. Two former Well House seats to be sited next to the church wall.
PROPOSAL: To site two black seats from the Well House against the church wall and offer the two wooden seats to the Trustees of the Memorial Hall.
PROPOSED: G. May SECONDED: G. Hutter. Vote: All in favour.
A. Howick to quote to re-instate the NCC benches. Suggestions for siting the third black seat included Cheese Hill bus stop. (Environment Agenda item)

PROPOSAL: Suspension of Standing Orders to allow M. Raven to speak.
PROPOSED: G. Hutter SECONDED: J.P. Anderson. Vote: All in favour.

PROPOSAL: Re-instatement of Standing Orders to allow M. Raven to speak.
PROPOSED: G. Hutter SECONDED: J.P. Anderson. Vote: All in favour.

At 9.30 p.m. it was PROPOSED: To continue the meeting until the end of the Agenda.
PROPOSED: M. Wilkins SECONDED: J.P. Anderson. Vote: All in favour.

Recommendations from the Environment Committee to main Council:
Tree species for planting in The Square. (Revised Proposal) Advice from Six Acres Nursery made the choice of white beam or cherry trees inadvisable due to the amount of root space available. It was therefore, PROPOSED by B.J. Walker and SECONDED by D. Bexon to choose Liquidambar trees. Cost £150 – £200 depending on size. Vote: All in favour.
Railway Walk Quotations for removal of Elders: Three quotations had been received for the removal of elders along the Railway Walk. J. Taylor had advised that the method of removal would be sawing off which would not disturb the badger setts. Cost £1,750 plus VAT.
PROPOSAL: Acceptance of J. Taylor’s quotation of £1,750 plus VAT for elder removal along the Railway Track.
PROPOSED: J.P. Anderson SECONDED: G. May. Vote: All in favour. (G. May to inform J. Taylor).
PROPOSAL: Funding for elder removal to be taken from the Railway Walk budget and environment improvement budget increased by vired underspends, if necessary.
PROPOSED: G. Hutter SECONDED: M. Wilkins. Vote: ten in favour, one against.
Village Litter Pick: The date has been changed from the 11th March to the 18th March, 2017. B.J.Walker unavailable. An item in Gotham News to advertise the event.

17/39: Memorial Hall Report:
D.Bexon had run a successful survey at Gotham School to gain parents’ preferences re new playground equipment.
Adult equipment might be incorporated. G. May offered to join a sub-committee made up of GPC representatives, parents and Trustees of the Memorial Hall. A great deal of sponsorship money is currently available for sports/play equipment.

17/40: Flooding Progress Report:
A well-attended meeting of the Flooding Action Group took place in the Memorial Hall on the 30th January, 2017. The plan is to continue working with County Councillor A. Brown who will work on Gotham’s behalf at County Hall. The new ditch, running adjacent to the New Rectory, has been dug out. NCC to clear the culvert running under Leake Road to meet the new ditch. The Clerk had advised M. Simes of the newly dug ditch and M. Simes had confirmed she had checked the ditch alongside her field for blockages

PROPOSAL: To suspend Standing Orders to allow M. Raven to speak.
PROPOSED: J.P. Anderson SECONDED: G. Hutter. Vote: All in favour.

17/41: Data Access Request:
A Subject Access Request for personal data has been received from retired Councillors M.J. Sheppard and G. Holbrook. The data search will involve reviewing emails and correspondence, but not Minutes of Meetings. M.Raven is currently undertaking this work, having taken advice from the ICO and NALC. A charge for the search of £10 per applicant is the maximum that can be levied. (A Data Access Policy should be included in revised Standing Orders).

17/42: Clerk’s Appraisal:
PROPOSAL: Date of Appraisal to be arranged when A. Clayworth has completed an appraisal course.
PROPOSED: G. May SECONDED: M. Wilkins. Vote: All in favour.

17/43: Policing Matters/Vandalism:
Sheds broken into and car theft during January. B.J. Walker to enquire at the Police Priority Setting Meeting, why GPC not alerted to current crime in the village.

17/44: Gotham News and Media:
Thanks to M. Wilkins for his kind offer to lay out the March edition of Gotham News. He is currently awaiting copy.

G. Hutter left the room at 9.55 p.m.

C.Dabell left the meeting at 9.55 p.m.

B.J. Walker had written a long article for Gotham News in respect of retired Chairman, M.J. Sheppard’s work for GPC.
PROPOSAL: A five-line paragraph to mark the work undertaken by M.J. Sheppard during his Chairmanship of GPC to be included in the March edition of Gotham News.
PROPOSED: A.Clayworthl SECONDED: M. Wilkins. Vote: five in favour, four against.

G. Hutter returned to the meeting at 10.00 p.m.

17/45: Chairman’s Report:
G. Hutter thanked Councillors for their hard work over the last two months.

17/46: Clerk’s Report:
The Clerk reported, the Memorial Hall Honours Board had been updated.
.
17/47: Matters to Report:
H. Taylor enquired whether Gotham’s roadside entrance signage was to be improved as per previous discussions. The Chairman explained this had been unnecessary due to the discovery of the stolen sign from Nottingham Road having been returned by Police. The three GOTHAM entrance signs had since been firmly secured by NCC to prevent further theft.

17/48: Items for Next Agenda:
Standing Orders – continued review.

17/49: Date of Next Meeting: The next Meeting will be held on Tuesday, 7th March, 2017 at 7.30 p.m.

Meeting closed at 10.10 p.m.

Notice of a Meeting of Gotham Parish Council (07/03/17)

GOTHAM PARISH COUNCIL

Mrs J A Raven
Clerk to the Council
33 Leake Road
Gotham
Notts
NG11 0HW
Tel: 0115 9830863
Email: gothamparishclerk@outlook.com

2 March 2017

Dear Councillor,

YOU ARE duly summoned to attend a MEETING OF THE GOTHAM PARISH COUNCIL to be held on

TUESDAY, 7th March, 2017

commencing at 7.30 p.m. in the Weldon Room of the Memorial Hall.

Yours sincerely,

J.A.Raven, Clerk to the Council

AGENDA

1. Apologies.
2. Acceptance of Apologies.
3. County Councilor Andrew Brown.
4. Borough Councilor Stuart Matthews.
5. Declaration of Interest.
6. Minutes of the Meeting of the Parish Council Held on the 7th February, 2017 Accuracy / Progress.
7. Two Casual Vacancies – Two Applications received – J Youatt; S Kent.
8. Finance:
a) Monthly Payments and Receipts.
b) Application for £500 Gotham Fest Grant (M. Lowe).
c) Application from St. Lawrence PCC for cost of repairs to Church Clock
d) Recommendation from Finance Committee – Pay K. Mafham £500 for Planning advice.

9. Report by Chairman of Planning and Development Committee:
Recommendations from the Planning Committee to Main Council:
a. That GPC reaffirms its policy for a ‘shrink-wrap’ green belt envelope around the village and supports provision of affordable housing, behind the former Royal British Legion site.
b. That GPC register for a Neighbourhood Plan and appoints K. Mafham to draw up a Neighbourhood Plan.
c. A Public Meeting to be held on Monday, 20th March, 2017 in the Memorial Hall, main hall at 7.30 p.m.

10. Planning Decisions Received: Nil.
11. Planning Applications Received: Nil.

12. Environment Committee Report:
Village Litter Pick (Saturday 18th March 2017)
Village seat re-location. (alteration)

13. Memorial Hall Report (A.Clayworth/D.Bexon/G.Hutter)
14. Playground Group – 1st Meeting March 13th at The Memorial Hall
15. Flooding Progress Report
16. Data Access Request
17. Clerk’s appraisal (date of meeting)
18. Policing Matters (D.Bexon/B.J.Walker)
19. Gotham News & Media
20. Date for Annual Parish Meeting.
21. Chairman’s Report
22. Clerk’s Report/Correspondence: see overleaf:
23. Matters to Report
24. Items for Next Agenda
25. Date of next Meeting – (4th April, 2017 at 7.30 p.m.)

The Public and Press are cordially invited to attend this meeting.

Minutes of a Meeting of Gotham Parish Council (03/01/17)

Present: G.Hutter, (Chairman),    B.J.Walker, (Vice-Chairman),  D.Bexon,   J.M.F.Royce, P.Bower,  H.Taylor,  M.Wilkins., G.May.

In Attendance: County Councillor, A.Brown.

Apologies: Councillors, C.Dabell, J.P.Anderson, A.Clayworth, R.Webster,  Borough Councillor, S.Matthews.

17/1: Acceptance of Apologies:

PROPOSED:  G.Hutter    SECONDED:  M.Wilkins. Vote: All in favour.

17/2: Report by County Councillor, A.Brown:

Councillor Brown would attend a Flood Action meeting, to be held in late January, in the Memorial Hall. Date to be agreed.

Rushcliffe Borough Council offices had moved to Rugby Road, West Bridgford. No news of the fate of the old offices in Pavilion Road, West Bridgford.  A recent meeting of the Council Environment Committee discussed the imminent arrival of superfast Broadband by fine tuning individual post codes.

A full meeting of Nottm. County Council will be held next week. A. Brown planning to ask why the Skylink bus does not stop in the A453 villages or the Parkway Railway Station. This does not facilitate easy travel for staff at the Airport.

The long awaited bus shelter, scheduled for Leake Road, might have been held up by an objection from a parishioner on Leake Road. Clerk to contact Elliot Mitson at NCC for advice.

A.Brown to research the availability of the NCC Adoption Map showing land, with water courses, owned by the County Council. This is vital to help with future ditch, culvert inspections and upgrades.

The broken wooden gate at the top of the School walk is to be replaced with a metal kissing gate supplied by NCC & fitted by J. Moss. NCC will also rebuild the steps up to the gate. Clerk to contact  J.Bains re Gypsum Way broken down fencing at the gate opposite to Hill Road..

A.Brown advised contacting RBC Environmental Health Department re dog fouling signage and advice, dirty road signage and litter.

County Councillor A.Brown left the meeting at 8.04 p.m.

17/3: Report by Borough Councillor, S. Matthews: N/a (apologies received).

17/4: Declaration of Interest: Memorial Hall Trustees in any business pertaining to the Memorial Hall.

17/5: Minutes of the previous meeting:

Resolved: That the previously circulated Minutes of the Parish Council meeting held on the 3rd December, 2016 be accepted and signed as a true record of the business transacted:

PROPOSED: G.May SECONDED: J.M.F.Royce. Vote: All in favour.

Progress: 16/254: Additional £50 in favour of South Notts First Responders to be sent to G. Whitehead. In future, attendees at public events will be asked their fee expectations prior to the event.

17/6: New Councillor signature of Declaration of Code of Conduct: N/a (apologies received)

17/7: Casual Vacancy:

The Chairman and Clerk had spoken to a Parishioner who had showed an interest in joining the Council.

To date, no letter of application had been received. The Casual Vacancy is being advertised more widely and on the Village Facebook page.

17/8:  Finance: Monthly Payments and Receipts:

PROPOSAL: Acceptance of Payment and Receipts.

PROPOSED: B.J.Walker SECONDED: J.M.F.Royce  Vote: All in favour.

a) Formal acceptance of the Revenue Budget 2017/18: £32,661.31.

It was noted, the cost of Cemetery mowing had risen by £904 due to an increase in annual cuts, from twelve to fourteen, more grave tidying and removal of grass cuttings. The contract to be put out to tender next year.

The mowing machine is currently undergoing a costly refurbishment, invoice expected for over £1,000.

Acceptance of the Revenue Budget 2017/18: £32,661.31.PROPOSED: B.J.Walker SECONDED: J.M.F.Royce  Vote: Five in favour, three abstentions.

b) Donation of £50 from East Midlands Airport.

E.M.Airport Carol singing donation of £50, currently held by GPC, to be passed to M.Lowe to help with costs for the recent event held on the 20th December, 2016. D.Bexon to enquire favoured payment method.

c)Date of Finance Meeting 31st January, 2017.

To facilitate the Clerk’s diary, the Finance Meeting to be moved forward to the 24th January, 2017.

17/9: Chairman of Planning and Development Committee: Nil to report.

17/10: Planning Applications Received: Nil.

17/11:   Planning Decisions Received:.Nil.

17/12:: Report by Vice-Chairman of the Environment Committee:

The last Environment meeting took place on the 15th November,  2016 chaired by C.Dabell.

Village Seats: A.Howick to quote to refurbish the RBC benches by the Church Wall in The Square and outside the New Rectory, Leake Road. During refurbishment, the old Well House seats could be used.

G.May asked to join the Environment Committee. Next meeting to be held on the 17th January, 2017.

17/13: Memorial Hall Report:

A letter had been received from P.R.Dines on behalf of the Trustees, re a decision to pass playground maintenance to GPC.

The Clerk had a contact at Produlic and would research its products with a view to inviting a representative to a future meeting, with the Trustees approval.

PROPOSAL: Formation of a Playground Community Group for future assistance with playground maintenance and equipment supply. PROPOSED: G.May SECONDED: D.Bexon. Vote: All in favour.

D.Bexon to enquire at School for prospective members. To date: C.Payne, G.May and G.Hutter volunteered to join the Playground Community Group. .

17/14: Flooding Progress Report:

J.M.F.Royce reported, Nottm. City Transport had carried out remedial work on its existing culvert.

The dyke running from Lochhead’s nursery to the old railway line is in the original condition with, to date,  no progress.

The open ditch, from the Bus Garage to the New Rectory sudcroft, now being attended to by Southwell Diocese and  A. Howick. The culvert, under the road, is the responsibility of NCC.

M.Simes has been alerted to the newly cleared ditches and asked to check her part of the ditch adjacent to her field. The Railway Walk culvert had been fitted with railings and the entrance to the culvert cleared. Thanks to A.Howick for his assistance. (An invoice from A.Howick should be sought by GPC). Weeds alongside the ditch to be annually strimmed. Weedkiller might prove toxic to the watercourse.

PROPOSAL: To continue meeting past 9.30 p.m. in order to complete the Agenda.

PROPOSED: J.M.F.Royce SECONDED: M.Wilkins. Vote: All in favour.

17/15: Acceptance of Revised Standing Orders (Date of Extraordinary Meeting)

Revised Standing Orders to be read by all Councillors during the month of January. Queries/comments to be submitted to B.J.Walker and J.P.Anderson. Standing Orders to be formerly approved at the February meeting or, an extraordinary meeting, if more queries need clarification. (Next GPC main meeting to commence at 7.00 p.m.. to allow more time for this item. The Clerk had sent a letter of thanks to P.R.Dines for her work on the revision of Standing Orders.

17/16: Computer update for Clerk (Report by M.Wilkins)

PROPOSAL: Appointment of M.Wilkins to purchase a laptop computer and accessories for the Clerk. PROPOSED: G.Hutter  SECONDED: H.Taylor. Vote: All in favour.

M.Wilkins had researched a package consisting a laptop, accessories, mouse, case, etc. at a sale cost of £457.99. PROPOSAL: M.Wilkins to purchase the laptop equipment at £457.99.

PROPOSED: G.May  SECONDED: G.Hutter. Vote: All in favour.

17/16: Clerk’s Appraisal:

Date of Appraisal to be arranged when A.Clayworth has completed an appraisal course.

17/17: Policing Matters/Vandalism::

December crime figures not yet received. A burglary had taken place at a private dwelling on Nottingham Road, the third at the property in eighteen months’.

Police Priority Setting Meeting to be held on the 15th February, 2017 at 10.00 a.m. at Keyworth Village Hall. B.J.Walker, G.May and D.Bexon to attend.

17/18: Gotham News and Media:

G.Hutter had visited Adlards Printers to seek pricing for the next edition of Gotham News. Two more printers to be researched by M.Wilkins and G.Hutter. Next copy due out in March so copy date, mid-February.

17/19: Western Power Severe Weather Warning Registration:

Clerk to register GPC for severe weather warnings. Information received can be posted on the village Facebook and Website.

17/20: Chairman’s Report:

The Chairman had received a suggestion re holding a ‘Gotham Games’. Public interest can be gauged by an article in the next edition of Gotham News.

17/21: Clerk’s Report:

The Clerk suggested a Gotham Litter Pick in March. Date agreed: Saturday, 11th March, 2017.

The Clerk reported a message from NALC re the government’s decision not to extend council tax referendum principles to any size of parish or town council in 2017/18.

Rushcliffe Borough Council’s new address is:

Rushcliffe Arena, Rugby Road, West Bridgford, Nottm. NG2 7YG.

17/22: Matters to Report:

G.Hutter offered to attend the Town and Parish Forum at RBC on Wednesday, 15th February, 2017.

M.Wilkins reported a pot hole fund available. Two pot holes on Hall Drive had recently been repaired.

17/23: Items for Next Agenda:

Standing Orders acceptance, Gotham News printing, Flooding report.

17/24: Date of Next Meeting: The next Meeting will be held on Tuesday, 7th February, at 7.00 p.m. (to facilitate S/O’s)

Meeting closed at 10.40 p.m.

Notice of a Meeting of Gotham Parish Council (07/02/17)

GOTHAM PARISH COUNCIL

Mrs J A Raven
Clerk to the Council
33 Leake Road
Gotham
Notts
NG11 0HW
Tel: 0115 9830863
Email: gothamparishclerk@outlook.com

1 February 2017

Dear Councillor,

YOU ARE duly summoned to attend a MEETING OF THE GOTHAM PARISH COUNCIL to be held on

TUESDAY, 7th February, 2017

commencing at 7.00 p.m. in the Weldon Room of the Memorial Hall.

Yours sincerely,

J.A.Raven, Clerk to the Council

AGENDA

1) Apologies.

2) Acceptance of Apologies.

3) County Councilor Andrew Brown.

4) Borough Councilor Stuart Matthews.

5) Declaration of Interest.

6) Minutes of the Meeting of the Parish Council Held on the 3rd January, 2017 Accuracy / Progress.

7) Acceptance of Revised Standing Orders.

8) Two Casual Vacancies.

9) Acceptance of Clerk’s Temporary Assistant (M Raven).

10) Finance:

a) Monthly Payments and Receipts.

b) Recommendations from the Finance Committee:

Precept for 2017/18 Nil increase.

Gotham News Printing by Temple Printers.

Permission for RFO to t/f monies from Handelsbanken to Co-op, if necessary.

c) Application for £500 Gotham Fest Grant (M Lowe). [Defer until March Meeting]

11) Report by Chairman of Planning and Development Committee:

a) RBC Public Consultation on Local Plan Part 2 – Memorial Hall 9th March 2017 3 – 8 pm

12) Planning Decisions Received: Nil.

13) Planning Applications Received:

17/1: (Ref: 17/00196/FUL) 329 Leake Road – 1st side ext single storey rear ext, loft conversion (resub)

14) Environment Committee Report:

Bidwell Crescent to Gotham Garage Tree Planting Project

Relocation of 5 Public Seats

Recommendations: a) Tree species for planting in the Square (Revised Proposal)

b) Railway Walk Quotations – Removal of Elders

Village Litter Pick (Date changed to Saturday 18th March 2017)

15) Memorial Hall Report (A.Clayworth/D.Bexon/G.Hutter)

16) Flooding Progress Report (Public Meeting held on 30th January 2017)

17) Data Access Request

18) Clerk’s appraisal (date of meeting)

19) Policing Matters (D.Bexon/B.J.Walker)

20) Gotham News & Media

21) Chairman’s Report

22) Clerk’s Report/Correspondence: see overleaf:

23) Matters to Report

24) Items for Next Agenda

25) Date of next Meeting – (7th March, 2017 at 7.30 p.m.)

The Public and Press are cordially invited to attend this meeting.

Minutes of a Meeting of Gotham Parish Council (06/12/16)

The Meeting commenced with a one Minute silence in memory of retired Gotham Parish Councillor Roger Holland, GPC Chairman from 1990-1993.

Present: G.Hutter, (Vice-Chairman),  J.P.Anderson,   J.M.F.Royce,  B.J.Walker, P.Bower,  H.Taylor,  M.Wilkins. A.Clayworth, G.May.

16/244: Election of Chairman: Nomination: G.Hutter to stand as Chairman until the May Annual Meeting 2017.  PROPOSED: J.M.F.Royce SECONDED: A.Clayworth. Vote: All in favour. G.Hutter accepted the position of Chairman and signed the Declaration of Acceptance.

16/245: Election of Vice-Chairman: Nomination: B.J.Walker to stand as Vice-Chairman until the May Annual Meeting 2017. PROPOSED: G.Hutter SECONDED: J.P.Anderson. Vote: All in favour. B.J.Walker accepted the position of Vice-Chairman.

Apologies: D.Bexon, C.Dabell, County Councillor, A.Brown, Borough Councillor, S.Matthews.

16/246: Acceptance of Apologies:

PROPOSED:  J.P.Anderson    SECONDED:  J.M.F.Royce. Vote: All in favour.

16/247: Declaration of Interest: Memorial Hall Trustees in any business pertaining to the Memorial Hall.

16/248: Minutes of the previous meeting:

Resolved: That the previously circulated Minutes of the Parish Council meeting held on the 2nd November, 2016, be accepted and signed as a true record of the business transacted, with the following amendment:

16/240: Chairman’s Report: re-write first sentence as follows: The Chairman reported, her reason for seeking assistance from the Monitoring Officer was due to the conduct of two Councillors’ who had since resigned from the Parish Council. 16/235: : Well House: re-word second sentence: ‘The slats were recycled plastic’.

Acceptance of Minutes: PROPOSED: B.J.Walker SECONDED: G.Hutter. Vote: All in favour.

Progress: 16/231: The Clerk reported all Gotham News advertisements are paid up to date.

16/237: Councillors J.M.F.Royce, B.J.Walker, P.Bower, C.Dabell, G.Hutter, M.Wilkins, D.Bexon attended the Remembrance Day Parade and Service Councillor Walker laid the wreath on behalf of GPC. Also in attendance were the Deputy Lieutenant, the Mayor’s representative and East Leake Councillors

16/249: Two Casual Vacancies – Co-option of new Councillor:

The Chairman had received a letter of application from Mrs. R.Webster for the position of Councillor as a result of the casual vacancy due to the resignation of G.Holbrook.

PROPOSAL: Acceptance of Mrs. R. Webster’s application for the position of Councillor on GPC.

PROPOSED: J.P.Anderson  SECONDED: P.Bower. Vote: All in favour.

One casual vacancy remains. The Clerk to advertise more widely.

16/250:  Finance: Monthly Payments and Receipts:

PROPOSAL: Acceptance of Payment and Receipts.

PROPOSED: J.M.F.Royce  SECONDED: B.J.Walker Vote: All in favour.

a) Formal acceptance of the Recreation Ground/GPC mowing contract  2017/18. – £1,150.

JP Anderson and PR Dines had drafted a new mowing contract which was tabled for acceptance at the January meeting.

PROPOSAL: Acceptance of the Recreation Ground/GPC mowing contract for 2017/18 – £1,150.

PROPOSED: J.P.Anderson SECONDED: B.J.Walker Vote: All in favour.

b) Recreation Ground Budget £7,588.

PROPOSED: G.May SECONDED: M.Wilkins Vote: Eight in favour, one abstention.

The Clerk confirmed, E. Perrell does not mow the bank, adjacent to the car park. This area is mown by Horizon Contractors.

c) Chairman’s allowance – payment to date to retired Chairman – £58.33

PROPOSAL: To pay the retired Chairman the allowance of £58.33 owed for one month.

PROPOSED: M.Wilkins SECONDED: P.Bower. Vote: Eight in favour, one abstention.The Trustees had passed on an invoice for part payment for the hire of the p.a. system for the Service of Remembrance held in the Memorial Hall on the 13th November, 2016.

PROPOSAL: GPC to pay the whole cost of the p.a. system hire i.e. £216, as promised by the recently retired Chairman.

PROPOSED: B.J.Walker SECONDED: J.P.Anderson. Vote: eight in favour, one against.

The next Finance Meeting to be held on the 31st  January, 2017 at 7.30 p.m.

16/251: Chairman of Planning and Development Committee: (J.P.Anderson)

J.P.Anderson reported no planning application received for Clifton Pastures. Three plans had been submitted for a total of thirty new houses in Barton in Fabis. GPC are not consultees but had registered an objection on the grounds of traffic problems, extra load on school places and other community facilities. A letter had been received from M.King of Midland Rural Housing re the possibility of part of the glebe land by the allotments owned by the Diocese of Southwell being available for affordable housing in Gotham.The land behind the former RBL site still in negotiation but held up by the poor access road/ransom strip. The Government’s Autumn Statement may have announced legislation to help with financial considerations to assist this type of affordable housing development. The ongoing building work behind the NET 2 site at Clifton is the foundation for an industrial estate.

16/252: Planning Applications Received: Nil.

16/253: Planning Decisions Received:.

16/12: (ref: 16/02053/FUL)  10 Hill Rd   – Dormer window to front.    GRANTED

16/13: (ref:16/02308/FUL) 8 St.Andrew Close – Single storey side extension. GRANTED

16/254: Report by Vice-Chairman of the Environment Committee:

The last Environment meeting took place on the 15th November,  2016 chaired by C.Dabell.

Christmas Tree: The Christmas tree had been successfully erected on the 2nd December 2016 with a well attended lighting up ceremony.

The Well House: The two bench seats will be delivered to Howick’s Farm. The price is higher due to the cast iron support in the middle of each bench.

Cemetery Graves: No response from Gotham News request for family members to come forward re their wishes for grave maintenance.

Heritage Day: G.Hutter reported, the two First Aiders who attended Heritage Day, received a donation of £20 each in favour of East Leake Owl Sanctuary and South Notts First Responders (G.Whitehead). In comparison to other villages’ donations this amount seemed derisory. It was, therefore, PROPOSED by M.Wilkins, SECONDED by P.Bower that an additional donation of £50 to should be added in favour of South Notts First Responders, via G.Whitehead, at next month’s meeting. Vote: Six in favour, three against.

16/255: Memorial Hall Report: G.Hutter reported a problem with scruffy play equipment. A decision is to be made on whether or not the Trustees will continue the play equipment maintenance which costs a substantial sum on money. The NCC Small improvement grant will be applied for in 2017/18. J.P.Anderson suggested a village survey be conducted to gauge the amount of support for the purchase of new play equipment. A Working Party could be formed with representatives from GPC, Memorial Hall Trustees and parents of young children. G.Hutter to report GPC’s ideas to the next meeting of the Trustees.

16/256: Flooding: Nottm. City Transport repairing the blocked drain at the back of their depot. An A1 sized map of drainage ditches is required to work out a plan of action and to carry out a survey on all culverts owned by NCT. The tenant of the Diocese land will be partly responsible for paying for ditch clearance. A new ditch might be required as the land behind the New Rectory is overgrown and difficult to access to dig out the existing ditch. A Flood Committee to be set up to report findings to GPC. G.May volunteered to join as GPC representative. Two parishioners had lodged their interest in helping form a Committee. A quote to be obtained for the building of small wall of sandbags opposite to the culvert exit into the Railway Walk ditch. The mesh at the drain exit was removed by a representative from B.T. A. Howick to replace mesh at the head of the culvert with railings. This will not block with leaves as easily as mesh and serve to prevent badgers entering the drainage pipe. NCC to be asked to inspect the village drains. J.M.F.Royce to inform County Councillor A. Brown of progress to date. P.Bower reported he had initially reported blocked drains to the Council in June, 2016. The Clerk to write to M.Simes informing her of the probable new ditch leading from Leake Road to her field. The extra surge of water resulting in the renewed NCT culvert and ditch might cause flooding to her field if her drain cannot cope with extra water.

16/257: Revised Standing Orders: J.P.Anderson, P.R.Dines, B.J.Walker and J.M.F.Royce had revised the GPC Standing Orders, in conjunction with NALC Model Standing Orders.  A copy was circulated to all Councillors who are invited to peruse them and report their findings to the next meeting. Included in the document are the following items:

Financial Regulations, Code of Conduct, Email Protocol, Memorandum of Understanding between GPC and Memorial Hall/Recreation Ground Trustees, Trustees of Memorial Hall/Recreationg Ground/GPC Mowing Contract.

A letter of thanks to be sent to P.R.Dines for her work on the Standing Orders document.

16/258: Clerk’s Appraisal: Date to be arranged in January, 2017.
G Hutter suggested that a small committee should carry out appraisal as this is in the guidelines set out by NALC.

PROPOSAL: Extension of meeting beyond 9.30 p.m. to complete the Agenda.

PROPOSED: G.Hutter SECONDED: J.P.Anderson. Vote: All in favour.

16/259: Policing Matters/Vandalism::

November crime figures circulated by B.J.Walker. No crime reported in Gotham.

16/260: Gotham News and Media:

J.P.Anderson had worked alongside M.J.Sheppard to edit the November edition of Gotham News. Distribution was also undertaken by J.P.Anderson. Thanks recorded to M.J.Sheppard for his hard work on Gotham News. The printer, S.Douglas has retired so a replacement to be sought.

Next copy – March 2017. J.P.Anderson to review the delivery round. Gotham News Editorial Team: J.P.Anderson (delivery) B.J.Walker, H.Trobridge (proof readers). M.Wilkins, photography,G.Hutter (advertising).

16/261: Chairman’s Report: Nil to report.

16/262: Clerk’s Report: A thank you note had been received from Mrs. J. Moss for her gift from GPC on her 100th birthday.

16/263: Matters to Report:

B.J.Walker asked the Clerk to remind D.Healey to sweep leaves from outside the old Post Office.

A.Clayworth reported continued problem of dog mess on pavements. Signs could be displayed on every lamp post.

Clerk to enquire if NCC or RBC  produce standard dog fouling signage. Perhaps stage a Day of Action.

H.Taylor reported Police and RBC had been notified of problem of drug dealing on Hill Road.

J.P.Anderson called for another GPC representative to serve on the Sports Arena Committee. G.Hutter volunteered. A meeting is unlikely before the Council AGM in May.’A meeting may be held in May, 2017.

H.Taylor had asked the Gotham Surgery to advertise his offer to help patient’s access their prescription order online.

J.P.Anderson tendered his apologies for absence at the January, 2017 GPC meeting.

16/264: Date of Next Meeting: The next Meeting will be held on Tuesday, 3rd January, 2017 at 7.30 p.m.

Meeting closed at 10.15 p.m.