Tag Archives: Finance

Notice of a Meeting of the Finance Committee (31/10/17)

GOTHAM PARISH COUNCIL
Mrs J A RavenClerk to the Council33 Leake RoadGothamNottsNG11 0HWTel: 0115 9830863Email: gothamparishclerk@outlook.com
24 October 2017
Dear Councillor,
YOU ARE duly summoned to attend a FINANCE COMMITTEE MEETING to be held on
TUESDAY, 31st October, 2017
commencing at 7.30 p.m. in the Weldon Room of the Memorial Hall.
Yours sincerely,
J.A.Raven, Clerk to the Council
AGENDA
1. Admission of New Member2. Election of Chairman3. Election of Vice-Chairman4. Apologies5. Acceptance of Apologies6. Declaration of Interest7. Minutes of the Finance Meeting held 31st January, 2017 Accuracy/Progress 8. Finance Committee Policy. (as circulated by email).9. Bank Account Balances: (As at 26.10.2017)  a) Co-Op Current Account £ 18,969.34   (unreconciled) b) Co-op 14 Day Account £          3.77 c) Handelsbanken current account £ 59,992.49
10. 2017/18 Budget Rolling Balances (as per sheets circulated by e-mail) a) Capital b) Revenue c) Recreation Ground d) Environment
11. Capital Requests 2018/19, to Date:  a)     Gotham Remembers £ 500    b)         c)     d) 12. Preliminary Budgets for 2018/19 (to date) a)      Revenue Paper 2   b)      Environment Paper 3 c)      Recreation Ground Paper 4  d)      Cemetery Budget Paper 6
13. Any Other Financial Issues:
14.      Date and Time of Next Meeting.
N.B. Please bring all emailed background papers to meeting.
Committee Members:  J.M.F.Royce, J.P.Anderson, B.J.Walker, G May, A.Clayworth. Distribution List: Full Council
Members of the Public and Press are cordially invited to this meeting.

Minutes of a Meeting of the Finance Committee (22/11/16)

Present:           J.M.F.Royce,  J.P.Anderson, B.J.Walker, G.Hutter.

New Councillor G.May signed the Code of Conduct Form which was witnessed and signed by the Clerk. The Chairman welcomed G. May to the Council.

Nomination: G.May to join the Finance Committee.

PROPOSED: J.M.F.Royce  SECONDED: J.P.Anderson Vote: All in favour.

1/          Apologies: Nil.

2/   Acceptance of Apologies: N/a

3/            Declaration of Interest: Nil.

4/          Minutes of the Finance Committee Meeting held 25th October, 2016:

RESOLVED: The Minutes of the Finance Committee Meeting held on 25th October, 2016, as previously circulated, be confirmed and signed as a true record of the business transacted.

PROPOSED:  B.J.Walker. SECONDED:.J. P.Anderson Vote: All in favour.

Progress:

Suspension of Standing Orders to allow P.R.Dines to speak.

PROPOSED:  J. P.Anderson. SECONDED: B.J.Walker. Vote: All in favour.

P.R.Dines remarked that the Play Equipment budget for 2017/18 had been put at £500 which would need ratifying. She had added £350 to this budget due to rising maintenance costs.

Re-instatement of Standing Orders.

PROPOSED:  J. P.Anderson. SECONDED: B.J.Walker. Vote: All in favour.

5/   Bank Account Balances (As at 22.11.2016)

a)         Co-Op Current Account:                                    £12,414.02 (unreconciled)

b)         Co-op 14 Day Account:                        £                      £3.77

c)          Handelsbanken current account :          £ 64,234.83

6/   2016/17 Budget Rolling Balances (additional to date)

a) Capital:

Budget: Balance as at 22/11/2016 – £59,477.63

Well House unspent funds – £3,332.00.

Suspension of Standing Orders to allow P.R.Dines to speak.

PROPOSED:  J. P.Anderson. SECONDED: B.J.Walker. Vote: All in favour.

P.R.Dines questioned the underspend figures. These were available for Council inspection following the conclusion of the 2015/16 Audit.

Re-instatement of Standing Orders.

PROPOSED:  J. P.Anderson. SECONDED: B.J.Walker. Vote: All in favour

b) Revenue: Balance as at 22/11/2016 – £12,856.98 – Average monthly spend is £2,932.00. It might be possible to reach the end of April, 2017 when the Precept is received, without drawing capital down from Handelsbanken. The Clerk had submitted a VAT repayment application form for 2015/16 totalling £2,403.81.

c)  Recreation Ground: The water bill of £2,200 is shared equally between GPC and the Trustees of the Memorial Hall/Recreation Ground.

A letter of complaint has been received re the current dilapidated state of the play equipment.

7. Revenue Budget for 2017/18:

a) Recreation Ground Revenue:  £7,588.

The amount of £8,738 includes the Recreation Ground mowing contract fee of £1,150. The Contract is now between GPC and the Trustees of the Memorial Hall/Recreation Ground. The Mowing Contract to be formerly agreed by main Council at the next meeting.

PROPOSAL: Recommendation to Accept the Recreation Ground Budge of £8,738 for year 2017/18.

PROPOSED: J.P.Anderson  SECONDED: B.J.Walker  Vote: Four in favour, one abstention.

P.R.Dines to check whether E.Perrell currently mows the bank alongside the Memorial Hall car park.

8.        Balancing the Budgets:

J.P.Anderson had carried out a reconciliation of the account papers and identified unaccounted funds of £8,429.11. J.M.F.Royce explained the Council funds were not totally ringfenced to allow for emergency payments of unforeseen items.

9. Any Other Financial Matters to Report.

St.Lawrence PCC had agreed to the Burial Fund being vired towards Cemetery mowing. J.P.Anderson to create a new budget heading for Cemetery mowing on the Revenue Budget paper.

The Playground slide was in a state of disrepair. An initial fund of £6000 should be budgeted towards a new slide and other playground equipment, with an extra £1,000 per year, for five years, to be matchfunded by the Trustees of the Memorial Hall/Recreation Ground. The Recreation Ground Capital of £3,000 held by GPC, could be brought forward as part payment.  Other funding may be applied for from the NCC Small Community Fund or the East Midland Airport fund.

J.P.Anderson was progressing new office software for the Clerk. This might cost up to £250 per annum for an accounting package.

B.J.Walker suggested retired Chairman of GPC should receive the Chairman’s Allowance payment due to him. Agenda item for main meeting.

J.P.Anderson reported three planning applications for a total of thirty houses in Barton had been submitted to RBC.

GPC are not consultees but J.P.Anderson had drafted a letter of comment re the impact more housing would have on traffic through Gotham and on the various facilities, i.e. schools, transport, sports, shops, doctors, etc.

10/        Date and Time of Next Meeting: Tuesday, 31st January, 2017 at 7.30 p.m.

Meeting closed at 9.10 p.m.

Notice of a Meeting of the Finance Committee (24/01/17)

GOTHAM PARISH COUNCIL

Mrs J A Raven
Clerk to the Council
33 Leake Road
Gotham
Notts
NG11 0HW
Tel: 0115 9830863
Email: gothamparishclerk@outlook.com

19 January 2017

Dear Councillor,

YOU ARE duly summoned to attend a FINANCE COMMITTEE MEETING to be held on

TUESDAY, 24th January, 2017

commencing at 7.30 p.m. in the Weldon Room of the Memorial Hall.

Yours sincerely,

J.A.Raven, Clerk to the Council

AGENDA

1. Apologies
2. Acceptance of Apologies
3. Declaration of Interest
4. Minutes of the Finance Meeting held 22th November, 2016
Accuracy/Progress

5. Bank Balances:
a) Co-op Current £ 7,942.26
b) Handelsbanken £ 64,234.83
c) 14 Day A/c £ 3.77

6. Revenue Review 2016/17
Tractor/Mower Repairs (estimate c. £1,750)

7. Capital Review 2016/17

8. Revenue Budget for 2016/17 (Amended to add £126.00 for Defibrillator annual service)

9. Capital Allocations to Date (See bottom of Paper 5).

10. Precept Recommendations for 2017/18

11. Any Other Financial Issues:

12. Date and Time of Next Meeting.
Committee Members: J.M.F.Royce (Chairman), J.P.Anderson (Vice Chairman), G.Hutter, B.J.Walker, G May.

Distribution List: Full Council

Members of the Public and Press are cordially invited to this meeting.