Members present: C. Dabell, G, Clark, G. Hutter, K. Steed, M. Sheppard
(Meeting commenced at 8 pm)
1) Apologies: G. Holbrook.
2) Acceptance of Apologies:
PROPOSED: G. Clark SECONDED: G. Hutter.
3) Declaration of Interest: Nil.
4) Minutes of Previous Meeting: Discussion of minutes of two previous meetings revealed uncertainty of dates as to which meeting minutes applied to.
5) Progress arising: It was agreed to work to this meeting agenda,
PROPOSED: C . Dabell SECONDED: G.Clark All in favour.
6) Christmas tree arrangements, lights etc: C. Dabell confirmed that this year’s Christmas tree had been generously donated by a member of our community, who wished to remain anonymous. Agreed to arrange delivery to Arthur Howick early week commencing 24th November. Then the tree will be put in position during that week. The six members of the Env. Comm. will meet and put the lights on the tree on Sunday 30th November at 9.30 am.
This year, there would be lights around the pelmet of the Pump, kindly donated by Mr & Mrs G. Holbrook.
7) Donations and costs: M. Sheppard reported that he had agreed to pay the band £5 each more this year. He would discuss with Jack Griffin a payment for the use of his amplification system, an essential for this year’s performance by the school choir. The Sun Inn have generously agreed to provide the surprise gifts for the children this year. The Cuckoo Bush Inn donated £50. The Coffee Shop organised a raffle and donated the proceeds of £51. 50 to the carol sing-song. C. Dabell reported that Mr J. Pinder and the Gotham Garden Club have each donated £30 and M. Sheppard has received anonymous cash gifts of £30.
Acknowledgement and thanks will be printed on the front of the carol sheet.
The committee has searched the net for a star to top the tree, sadly without success, as all stars have flashing attachments which couldn’t be removed; it was decided the flashing would be a distraction to passing motorists. G. Clark suggested making a metal frame around which LED lights could be entwined. C. Dabell will contact Arthur Howick about this, as he has arranged to get one made, when we supply a cardboard template.
8) Bulb planting: C. Dabell and G.Holbrook have completed crocus planting round Sculpture, daffodil planting will be completed shortly.
9) Railway Walk replacement fence: Two quotes already received. Great difference in price, possibly due to different timber. It was agreed to issue a tighter specification and get all three quotes for same spec.
10) Litter bin on Cheese Hill: The committee examined catalogue supplied by Judy Raven, and preferred £195 version, as it was similar to others in the village.
11) Matters to report: K. Steed reported large puddle collecting on the Ridgeway on right hand side of road leaving Gotham opposite house no: 319; gulleys and ditch require clearing. C. Dabell reported the street light (no number) at the junction of Hill Road /Leake Road is not working; it has been reported previously.
12) A O B: Nil
13) Date / time next meeting: To be agreed, as 16/12/2014 clashes with Carol sing-song.