Minutes of a Meeting of the Planning & Development Committee (18/10/16)

Present: Councillors, J.P.Anderson (Chairman) , A.Clayworth (Vice-Chairman) M.Wilkins, J.M.F.Royce, B.J.Walker, M.J.Sheppard.

1/ Apologies: G.Hutter Absent: H.Taylor.

2/ Declaration on Interest: Nil.

3/ Minutes of the Meeting held on Tuesday, 20TH September, 2016.
RESOLVED: That the Minutes of the Planning & Development Committee, held on the 20th September, 2016 as previously circulated, be confirmed and signed as a true record of the business transacted, with the following amendment: 6/ Clifton Pastures Update: 2nd sentence delete ‘New Year’ replace with ‘any time now’.
PROPOSED: M.J.Sheppard SECONDED: B.J.Walker. Vote: All in favour.

4/ Progress from the Minutes, not on the Agenda: Nil to report.

5/ Affordable Houses In Gotham:
J.P.Anderson had, unsuccessfully, attempted to contact Ross Jones, Waterloo Property Representative, who had indicated a meeting was to take place with British Gypsum re the release of land for affordable housing. The two parties might be awaiting the outcome of the former RBLsite sale.

6/ Clifton Pastures Update:
J.P.Anderson reported his attempt to speak to a representative of Notts Highways, re traffic issues, should the housing development at Clifton go ahead. GPC will need to work with Highways to achieve the best road system.
K.Mafham has sent the Kimberley Neighbourhood Plan first stage as an example of how he might be able to assist Gotham draw up a Neighbourhood Plan,if required. It will be advisable to await the outcome of Gotham’s green belt status after the RBC Local Plan Part 2 is published and seek Ken’s opinion on the need for a Neighbourhood Plan.
Over the past few years, several major projects have required capital funds. J.P.Anderson suggested a capital fund could be set up for Development Plans.
A sum of money needs to be injected into the green belt fund, say £10,000. Recommendation to the Finance Committee PROPOSED by B.J.Walker and SECONDED by J.P.Anderson that it is appropriate to increase the Capital sum in the green belt fund to total £10,000.
Vote: four in favour, one against and one abstention.

A discussion took place re the future of the Tithe Barn which could be refurbished by the Heritage Lottery Grant only if it was to be put to community use. A public consultation might assist with ideas for using the Tithe Barn if it should become available .

7/ Planning Decisions Received: Nil.

8/ Planning Applications Received: Nil.

9/ Matters to Report:
The grass in the Cemetery is too long. Clerk to check with Horizon re another cut.
Well House refurbishment total cost to date – £35,389. Benches and gates still to be ordered. Contingency – £339.
10/ Date & Time of Next Meeting:
The next meeting of the Planning Committee will be held in the Memorial Hall Weldon Room on Tuesday, 15th November, 2016 at 7.30 p.m.

Meeting closed at 8.25 p.m.