Minutes of a Meeting of the Planning Committee (18/11/14)

Present: J.P.Anderson (Chairman) G.Clark (Vice-Chairman) M.J.Sheppard K.Steed G.Hutter, E.Rodgers B.J.Walker

In the absence of the Clerk minutes taken by Barbara Walker

1/ Apologies: E.Padden

PROPOSED: Acceptance of apologies M.J.Sheppard SECONDED; K.Steed. Vote: six  in favour, one abstention.

2/Declaration of Interest: Nil

3/Minutes of the Previous Meeting: Held on Tuesday 21st October 2014

RESOLVED: That the Minutes of the Planning and Development Committee held on 21st October2014 as previously circulated be accepted and signed as a true record of the business transacted with the following amendment:

Item 5 (last line) The Rt.Hon. should be kept informed of proceedings and a delegation from GPC MIGHT attend his next surgery…….

Proposed by Karen Steed. Seconded by Michael Sheppard. Vote all in favour

4/ Progress from the Minutes, not on the Agenda

Nothing to report on 3 Meadow End decking – John Anderson to pursue.

5/ Progress re RBC Core Strategy/ ACS

J. Anderson has contacted Cllr Neil Clarke requesting a meeting and he is awaiting a response.

Liz Rodgers queried RBC’s service standards and was disappointed to note that RBC may not comply.

Michael Sheppard wished to place on record his and the committees thanks to John Anderson, Julian Coles (Barton in Fabis Parish Council) and Ken Maffham for their hard work and dedication in progressing Gotham’s fight against development on the land south of Clifton

6/ Meeting held on 6th November 2014 (Meeting with other Parish Councils)

Ken Maffham gave a complete update and answered questions from the floor.

Having said we only had 3 weeks to submit our case he has since discovered it can wait until the last minute. Gedling have submitted a 30 page document though this did not contain their legal arguments.

Aarhus costs have been accepted by the City, Broxtowe and Gedling Councils.

7/ Planning Decisions Received: Nil

8/ Planning Applications Received:

Ref No: 14/02307/FUL – Conversion and Extension of building to annexe to 18 Wallace Street.

Proposed: No Objection: John Anderson. Seconded Michael Sheppard.

All in favour with the comment that we wish to draw attention to the difficulty of access to off road parking.

9/ Any other Business

An enforcement officer from RBC has viewed changes at Woodlands Bungalow Kegworth Road.

10/ Matters to report

Liz Rodgers queried the new high fence at 15 East Street and also reported that Severn Trent is digging up Nottingham Road. Work is to take 4 months. LR will advise the Clerk on writing to Severn Trent as she felt GPC should have been made aware and perhaps there is a need for a sign to be erected on the A453 to advise motorists who ‘rat-run’ through Gotham of the new ongoing long term road works

11/ Date and time of Next meeting.

TBA . Next meeting may have to be at 8.00pm to avoid clashing with the Village Christmas Carol Sing Song.

Liz Rodgers gave her apologies for the Main Meeting on 2nd December and will not be available for the next planning meeting.

Meeting closed at 8.00p.m.