Minutes of a Meeting of the Environment Committee (20/01/15)

Members present: G. Clark, G. Hutter, K. Steed, M. J. Sheppard,

Due to the previous meeting over running, the Meeting commenced at 8.50 pm)

In the absence of the Chairman, it was PROPOSED by M.J.Sheppard, SECONDED by K.Steed, that G.Clark Chair the meeting. All in favour.

1)  Apologies:  C. Dabell, G.Holbrook.

2)  Acceptance of Apologies:

PROPOSED: G. Clark    SECONDED: K.Steed.

3)  Declaration of Interest:  Nil.

4)  Minutes of Previous Meeting:

RESOLVED:  That the Minutes of the Environment Committee, held on the 18TH November, 2014 as previously circulated, be confirmed and signed as a true record of the business transacted..

PROPOSED: G.Clark.  SECONDED:  K.Steed.      Vote: All in favour.

5)  Progress arising: 

Item 7) Donations and Costs: Christmas Carols: The Clerk reported three sponsors’ money for the Christmas Carols still outstanding. She had written reminder letters to two and C.Dabell to contact the third. She had written a letter of thanks to A.Gilman for his donation of selection boxes.

6)  Railway Walk replacement fence:  Clerk to contact C.Dabell re specification, as per the two quotations already received, to submit to Streetwise and the GNR fencers for quotations.

  • Litter Bin for Cheese Hill:

The Clerk would seek the price of a Streetwise bin before ordering the previously chosen bin from Broxap. (Derby E Price £195)

8)  Replacement Entrance Sign for Kegworth Road:

The Clerk had obtained the ‘Sign of the Times’ catalogue re replacement village entrance signs. After careful consideration, a metal sign with illustration was chosen. M.J.Sheppard would provide the Clerk with a picture of the golden hare, depicted on the Village Sculpture, for her to forward to Sign of the Times for a price of one sign on Kegworth Road to read, ‘Gothman, Village of Legends’. The sign could be manufactured in polyurethane as a metal one might be stolen. Budget in place of £1,500 for three replacement signs, depending on individual price.

9) New Notice Board:

The village noticeboard was suffering damp and condensation with notices difficult to read through cloudy glass. One possibility was to supply double glazed windows to the front doors, which would not necessarily prevent condensation. The Clerk would  laminate GPC members’ list. She would ask C.Dabell re progress on his suggestion to ask D.Urry’s advice.

10) Matters to Report:

M.J.Sheppard reported two overflowing litter bins on the Gas and at the old Post Office. Clerk to contact Streetwise.

K.Steed reported work to the ditches on the Ridgeway had taken place to improve drainage.

11) Any Other Business: Nil

12) Date / time next meeting:

The next meeting of the Environment Committee would be held in the Weldon Room of the Memorial Hall on Tuesday, 17th February, 2015 at  8.30 p.m.