Minutes of a Meeting of the Environment Committee (16/07/13)

MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF THE ENVIRONMENT COMMITTEE HELD ON TUESDAY 16th July, 2013

 COMMENCING AT 7.30 P.M. IN THE WELDON ROOM

Members Present:   C.Dabell (Chairman), R.Davis, (Vice-Chairman), G.Clark,  K.Steed, E.Padden (7.45 p.m.)

1/    Apologies: M.J.Sheppard, R.Muir.  In attendance: K.Thorpe.

2/    Acceptance of Apologies:

PROPOSED: R.Davis SECONDED: G.Clark Vote: All in favour.

3/   Declaration of Interest: Nil.

PROPOSAL: Suspension of Standing Orders. PROPOSED: C.Dabell   SECONDED: G.Clark. Vote: All in favour.

K.Thorpe confirmed the Countryside Trust had cleared the first part of the extension of the Railway Walk, from Leake Road to Stoney Lane. Overhead trees had been left. Two kissing gates at either end had been installed by R.Hunt. Two more sections would be cleared in due course. Earl Howe’s agent had given consent and was satisfied the walk would be maintained to a high level by the Trust. The Clerk to GPC had confirmed the present insurance with Zurich covered the Railway Walk extension.

The Chairman thanked K.Thorpe who left the meeting at 7.45 p.m.

PROPOSAL: Re-instatement of  Standing Orders. PROPOSED: C.Dabell   SECONDED: K.Steed. Vote: All in favour.

4/ Minutes of the Previous Meeting:

RESOLVED:  That the Minutes of the Environment Committee, held on the 21st May, 2013, as previously circulated, be confirmed and signed as a true record of the business transacted.

PROPOSED: C.Dabell SECONDED: G.Clark Vote: All in favour.

5/  Progress arising from previous Minutes: Nil to report.

6/ Village Sculpture Progress/Unveiling Ceremony/Heritage Boards:

The Clerk had contacted A.Vickers re the purchase of two heritage boards, one for the tales and the other to detail the sponsors. It was agreed, that one heritage board would suffice with the sponsors listed along the bottom of the stories. The tales could be taken from the book of tales which accompanied the previous enactment. The Clerk had spoken to Kendra Hourd of NCC who had agreed that the village seat could be rotated to face the sculpture. There would be no requirement for another seat at the site due to the small amount of ground. The British Gypsum material would be fashioned into a neat paved edging around the sculpture. It was agreed, a finished base of a twelve inch diameter around the base of the sculpture post would suffice. C.Dabell would contact K. Anstey re creating the base edging stone. The Clerk had not yet been given confirmation from DC Comics re the use of a Batman icon. The laurel hedging to serve as a background would be planted in the Autumn. The licence application for the sculpture would be completed by the Clerk and submitted to NCC. Earl Howe had not yet confirmed he would be available to unveil the sculpture.

7/ Progress re Village Pump Electricity Supply:

G.Clark had received confirmation from M.J.Sheppard that the electrician had inspected the Village Pump with a view to carrying out installation of a transformer by the end of July. Once the work was completed, the Clerk would contact Mr. Freeman of NCC to carry out an inspection for approval.

E.Padden declared an interest in item 8 as she is a member of St. Lawrence PCC.

8/ Date for Christmas Carols:

G.Clark reported, M.J.Sheppard had booked Phil Reckless and his band to play music for Christmas Carols on the 10th December. The Cuckoo Bush and The Sun would sponsor the band. The Christmas tree would be provided free of charge by a parishioner. The Gotham Primary Schoolchildren would be invited to sing some carols. The Clerk would submit a seasonal decoration licence to RBC. E.Padden reported, the PCC had offered to open the Church for refreshments following the Carol Singing session.

9/ Any Other Business (Police Priority Setting Meeting 17th July, 2013 – 10 a.m. at Keyworth):

E. Padden was unable to attend full meeting due to lunchtime commitments. There was no other member of the Council available to attend on this occasion.

The Clerk reported, the Railway Walk picnic table had been vandalised. C.Dabell would inspect the damage. The Clerk would ask D.Healey to carry out a repair.

The Clerk reported, the evergreen bush in The Square border, in front of the Pump, had died. It was agreed to replace it with a self fertile Cherry Laurel purchased from Six Acre Nurseries.

It was reported that the litter bin at the top of Hill Road was full. Clerk to contact Streetwise.

10/  Date and Time of Next Meeting:

The next meeting of the Environment Committee would be held in the Weldon Room of the Memorial Hall on the 27th August, 2013. at 7.30 p.m.

Meeting closed at  8.50 p.m.