Category Archives: Parish Council

Minutes of the AGM of Gotham Parish Council (07/05/13)

MINUTES OF THE ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING OF GOTHAM PARISH COUNCIL
HELD ON 7th MAY 2013 IN THE MEMORIAL HALL WELDON ROOM, COMMENCING AT 7.00 P.M.

Present: R.Muir, (Chairman),  M.Sheppard (Vice-Chairman), J.M.F.Royce, E.Padden, G.Clark, J.P.Anderson, B.J.Walker, R.Davis,  C.Dabell, K.Steed.

13/73: Appointment of Chairman for the ensuing year: (2013-2014).
It was moved by R.Davis, seconded by M.J.Sheppard, that R.Muir should be appointed Chairman for the ensuing year. A recorded vote was requested by J.M.F.Royce.
In favour: R.Muir, J.P.Anderson, G.Clark, R.Davis, K.Steed, M.J.Sheppard, C.Dabell.
Against: B.J.Walker, J.M.F.Royce.
R.Muir thanked the Council and agreed to serve as Chairman and signed the Acceptance of Office form.
B.J.Walker stated she was unable to vote for R.Muir to stand as Chairman for 2013/14 in view of the Chairman’s conduct in public had twice fallen below the standard expected of an elected member of the Council.
She questioned the accuracy of the 2012 AGM Minutes stating that R.Muir had received a ‘unanimous vote’ to stand as Chairman for that year as she had not cast her vote in favour. She had not brought this matter to Council’s attention at the next meeting, in June, when the Minutes were formally approved.

13/74: Appointment of Vice-Chairman for the ensuing year: (2013-2014).
It was moved by G.Clark, seconded by C.Dabell, and carried by unanimous vote, that M.J. Sheppard be appointed Vice-Chairman for the ensuing year. M.J.Sheppard thanked the Council and agreed to stand as Vice-Chairman and signed the acceptance of office form.

13/75: Apologies: D. Bexon, L.Rodgers,  T.Vennett-Smith.

13/76: Acceptance of Apologies:
PROPOSED:C.Dabell  SECONDED: G.Clark.  Vote: All in favour.

13/77:  Declaration of Interest: Elected Trustees in any matter concerning the Memorial Hall/Recreation Ground.

13/78: Appointment of Committee Members and 4 Trustees to serve on Memorial Hall/Recreation Ground Trust:

Finance Committee Members:
J.M.F.Royce, G.Clark, B.J.Walker,  J.P.Anderson.
Ex officios – R.Muir, M.J.Sheppard
Planning & Development Committee Members:
J.P.Anderson,  B.J.Walker,    G.Clark,   E.Padden, E. Rodgers, T.Vennett-Smith, K.Steed.
Ex officios – R.Muir, M.J.Sheppard
Nominees to act as Trustees of the Memorial Hall/Recreation Ground.
D.Bexon,  G.Clark, M.Sheppard, K.Steed.
Environment Committee Members:
E.Padden, G.Clark, C.Dabell, R.Davis, K.Steed.
Ex officios – R.Muir, M.J.Sheppard.
Cemetery Sub-Committee:
J.P.Anderson, D.Bexon, C.Dabell, G.Clark. – PCC Representatives: D.Power, A.Farnsworth.
Ex officios – R.Muir, M.J.Sheppard

13/79:  Appointment of Members for Working Parties/Groups:

Sports Arena Management Committee:
J.P.Anderson, M.J.Sheppard.
Gotham News Editorial.
D.Bexon, E.Padden, R.Muir, M.J. Sheppard, K.Steed.
Gotham Website.
K.Steed- website. (Webmaster – S.Butler)

13/80:  Appointment of Delegates/Representatives:
N.A.L.C:    B.J.Walker/Clerk
Parish Paths Partnership:    C.Dabell, R.Muir to assist ex Councillor, K.G.Thorpe.
Neighbourhood Watch:    B.J.Walker
Police Liaison:    D.Bexon, L.Rodgers
C.P.R.E:    B.J.Walker

PROPOSAL: To accept the list of Councillors to serve as representatives on the aforementioned Committees.
PROPOSED: R.Muir  SECONDED: M.J.Sheppard. Vote: All in favour.

The four Trustees of the Memorial Hall/Recreation Ground declared an interest in any business concerning the Memorial Hall and Recreation Ground for the forthcoming year.

The Chairman stated that Committee/Sub-Committee Chairmen would be appointed at the first meeting of the Committee in question.

Mr.T.Priestley arrived at the meeting at 7.25 p.m.

13/81: Minutes of the previous meeting:
RESOLVED: That the Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held  2nd April, 2013 as circulated, be signed as a true record of the business transacted, with the following amendments: 13/57  Minutes of the previous meeting: add Seconded: E.Padden delete R.Davis. Planning and Development Report:  Add Vice-Chairman,  E.Rodgers, absent.
PROPOSED:J.P. Anderson SECONDED: M.J.Sheppard Vote:  All in favour

D.Power arrived at the meeting at 7.30 p.m.

Progress from the Last Minutes:
13/62: Village Sculpture: R.Muir confirmed the reason NCC would not agree to the removal of the village seat from the verge adjacent to The Royal British Legion was the fact that it was implicated in the crash test. A crescent shaped wall constructed out of British Gypsum material (material available at no cost) could replace the seat if built to the required height and would prove a more suitable element of the village sculpture site.
13/64: De-Fibrillator for Gotham: M.J.Sheppard had not approached the Trustees of the Memorial Hall re part funding the acquisition of a de-fibrillator. He would do so when general agreement of a site had been reached.

E.Padden arrived at the meeting at 7.35 p.m.

The Chairman announced Item 20 on the Agenda Chairman’s Report  – parishioners request to NCC for traffic restrictions on Leake Road opposite to the Church. – would be discussed next to allow Mr. T.Priestley to raise his points.

PROPOSAL: Suspension of Standing Orders.
PROPOSED: E.Padden  SECONDED: J.M.F.Royce  vote: All in favour.

Mr. T. Priestley outlined his submission to NCC Highways for traffic restrictions to be installed either side of the entrance to Church Street. He emphasised the danger to car drivers’ pulling out of Church Street due to  car parking on Leake Road, opposite to St.Lawrence Church obscuring the view. He called for three clear places either side of the junction to allow car drivers’ exiting Church Street a view of Leake Road. He called for the Parish Council’s support for his submission.
Mr.D.Power fully understood the difficulty but considered excessive car parking on Leake Road, opposite to St. Lawrence Church,  happened rarely and yellow lines would be an unnecessarily draconian measure. The PCC were in the process of educating visitors to the Church and Church Hall of the necessity to park with courtesy to residents. Notices were posted inside and outside the Hall and articles would appear in the Messenger to emphasise the matter.

Ms.Laura Trussler of NCC Highways had indicated that car parking restrictions would entail a lengthy procedure of up to ten months. An NCC Committee meeting would need to take place to make the parking restrictions legally enforceable.  The process would be helped by written support by GPC.

The Parish Council agreed to approve the submission to NCC for parking restrictions on Leake Road either side of the entrance to Church Street. (dated 7th May, 2013).

Mr.T.Priestley and Mr. D.Power left the meeting at 8.05 p.m.

POROPOSAL: Re-instatement of Standing Orders.
PROPOSED: J.P.Anderson  SECONDED: G.Clark  Vote: All in favour.

13/83: Finance Monthly Payments and Receipts:
Receipts and Payments: RESOLVED: That the receipts, since the last meeting, are noted and the Accounts in Appendix F1 be confirmed and authorised for payment.
J.M.F.Royce reported the first payment of the Council Precept, amounting to £18,416 had been received.
J.M.F.Royce drew Council’s attention to the first recorded claim for £12.01 for a Councillor’s petrol expenses.
The drain scan, conducted by Lane’s, on the Memorial Hall driveway during April had cost £595 plus VAT.
PROPOSAL: That funds of £595 should be drawn from the Car Park Refurbishment Capital of £2,500.
PROPOSED: J.M.F.Royce SECONDED: J.P.Anderson  Vote:  All in favour.
M.J.Sheppard suggested two representatives from GPC and the Trustees ‘project manage the car park project and report back to each party’.
PROPOSAL: Acceptance of the Monthly Finance Sheet for May, 2013.
PROPOSED: J.P.Anderson  SECONDED: M.J.Sheppard. Vote: All in favour.

Acceptance by the Parish Council  of the Audit for Year end  2012/13:
The Chairman read out the financial conditions that the Council had  adhered to during the year 2012/13.
PROPOSAL: To accept the Audit of the Accounts for the year 2012/13.
PROPOSED: J.P.Anderson SECONDED: M.J.Sheppard Vote: All in favour.
The Chairman and Clerk signed the Audit sheet. The Clerk would forward the accounts to the Internal Auditor, Mr.G.Stafford for his  inspection and approval.

Recommendation from Planning Committee to use £500 from the existing green belt budget, currently standing at £2,952, for part payment to commission a report by C.P.R.E. to save the Clifton Pastures green belt land.
PROPOSED: J.P.Anderson SECONDED: R.Muir. Vote: All in favour.

Budget for the Re-Enactment of the Village Tales at the Village Sculpture Unveiling:
PROPOSAL: Diamond Jubilee under spend funds of £620.38 to be vired towards the expenses to be incurred re-running a selection of Village Tales at the Village Sculpture Unveiling Ceremony on the 29th September, 2013.
PROPOSED: R.Muir  SECONDED: J.M.F.Royce. Vote: All in favour.
J.M.F. Royce suggested an early application for additional funding, should it prove necessary, due to a reduced amount of available funds for allocation.

J.M.F.Royce had researched current bank interest rates received from the Co-operative Bank. It had been explained, that the 14 day account currently paid less interest than the Current Account. A Short Term Deposit Bond was available within the Current Account on a one month – six month basis.
PROPOSAL: The Clerk and J.M.F.Royce be given discretionary powers to move funds from the 14 Day Account to the Current Account to benefit from the higher interest rate. A minimum of £25,000 for six months would attract interest of £125.
PROPOSED: J.M.F.Royce  SECONDED: J.P.Anderson. Vote: All in favour.

M.J.Sheppard left the meeting at 8.55 p.m.

13/84: Chairman’s Report: Planning & Development Committee: (J.P.Anderson)
RBC Core Strategy: J.P.Anderson reported an RBC Cabinet Meeting would take place on the 14th May, 2013 when a decision was expected on the siting of 3,500 extra houses within Nottinghamshire. It was expected that 500 would be designated to Clifton Pastures. More consultations, the green belt review and traffic studies would follow which would take a significant length of time. GPC would be entitled to comment on the changes to the Core Strategy and an Examination in Public could be held in the New Year 2014. By that time, it would be known if the houses will be built following the confirmation of Nottingham City housing numbers. The only hope of the housing not being built would be due to Nottingham City housing numbers being reduced. Gotham might obtain traffic calming measures and cycling routes if Clifton Pastures were developed. K.Mafham was unconvinced of the requirement for such large housing numbers which had been ‘plucked from the air’. It might be worth fighting the case with a legal case. He had spoken to Anna Soubry M.P. on the viability of such high housing numbers in the current financial downturn. J.M.F.Royce reported a new community charge (instruction levy per house) plus the planning permission costs had been implemented which would increase the costs of new building.

Affordable Housing in Gotham: No news from A.Gorringe of St.Gobain re release of land to the rear of The Royal British Legion.
A453: The closure of Barton Lane had been delayed. A repeat village traffic count would take place, following the Barton Lane closure, to compare the amount of traffic through Gotham.

13/85: Planning Decisions Received:     Nil.

13/86: Planning Applications Received:
13/5     (ref: 13/00705/FUL) – 18 Leake Road – Single storey side and rear extension (demolish existing rear                                  single storey lean-to)
PROPOSAL: NO OBJECTION.      PROPOSED: E.Padden  SECONDED: R.Davis  Vote: All in favour.

13/6: (ref: 13/00707/FUL) – 8 Fairham Avenue – Single storey side extension plus 2 rear bedroom extensions.
PROPOSAL: NO OBJECTION.     PROPOSED: R.Davis  SECONDED: J.P.Anderson. Vote: All in favour.

Village Pump Electrics: The Clerk had received a planning application from Joe Mitson of RBC re extra electrical equipment in the Village Pump. M.J.Sheppard had advised the Clerk that RBC had approved the work.

13/87:  Environmental Matters: (C.Dabell)
Village Sculpture Progress/Village Post Box/Royal Mail postal service:
R.Muir had received a RBC application form entitled ‘Grant to Plant’ which offered a single £200 grant for village planting in celebration of the 2013 Test Cricket Ashes. The question of Village Sculpture background hedging was discussed with the possibility of the grant partially funding the planting. G.Clark thought bare root hedgerow plants would be more successful planted in the Autumn which would be past the closing date for the grant. The application  was passed to the Clerk for submission with the Bidwell Close planters in mind. R.Muir would provide photographs of the planters.
PROPOSAL: Application for Grant to Plant to be submitted to cover cost of Bidwell Crescent plants.
PROPOSED: R.Muir SECONDED: E.Padden  Vote: All in favour.

R.Muir had circulated a virtual reality photograph of the Village Sculpture at the Village Meeting showing a low crescent- shaped wall in the foreground built out of British Gypsum material. The wall might replace the existing village seat.
R.Muir reported, a small group of Councillors, to include ex. Councillor G.Trickett and Trustees, A.Vickers and L.Bramley would assist with the unveiling of the Village Sculpture ceremony. S.Lymn-Brewin was inviting participants from village groups to take part in the presentation of the Village Tales which would commence at the Bus Depot and finish at the Memorial Hall.

Village Post Box: R.Muir had spoken to Philomena Graham of Royal Mail of GPC’s displeasure about the lack of an A4 sized post box. She sought assurance that the replacement of the original box would be carried out in the near future. She had been advised ‘the Royal Mail supplier was manufacturing a new Post Box’. She had taken the matter up with Peter Bennett, Beeston Distribution Supporter, who had been unable to offer any more advice. She suggested applying to the Ombudsman over the matter. C.Dabell had been advised, the correct contact was Post Office Counters and not Royal Mail.

Royal Mail Postal Service: R.Muir had received complaints from parishioners and had also experienced frequent incidents of  items of mail delivered incorrectly. Some items of mail sent in error, should have been delivered to different Counties. The Clerk would make enquiries re poor postage sorting.

13/88: Annual Village Meeting held on the 30th April, 2013:
The Clerk reported 34 parishioners and Councillors attended the Annual Village Meeting.
Reports given by Borough Councillor Trevor Vennett-Smith, Gotham School Headmistress, the Police and the History Society. J.P.Anderson had updated the meeting on Planning issues. Mr. G.Whitehead had given a presentation of a de-fibrillator. Village groups had been advised that news of their societies could be posted on the village website or in Gotham News. The Chairman had welcomed a new family to the village who were keen to participate in village activities.

13/89: Report on the Focus Meeting with Trustees of the Memorial Hall/ Recreation Ground on 23rd April, 2013:
J.P.Anderson reported a positive meeting with work progressing on a ‘Memorandum of Understanding’.
Recreation Ground Car Park: B.J.Walker called for a discussion re GPC responsibility for funding a proportion of the costs of the car park resurfacing. J.M.F.Royce suggested GPC fund half of the car park costs and all the drainage. He confirmed GPC’s commitment to supporting the cost of the car park and funds had been built up over many years and were held in reserve with this project in mind.
PROPOSAL: GPC agree in principle to fund the drainage and part fund the re-furbishment of the Recreation Ground Car Park.
PROPOSED: J.M.F.Royce  SECONDED: B.J.Walker.  Vote: All in favour.

13/90:  Policing Matters:
E.Padden reported, the Police Priority Setting Meetings could be held in the Gotham Memorial Hall. The meetings are routinely run in village halls, free of charge. She asked a GPC Trustee to enquire whether the Weldon Room could be made available, free of charge, for one of the future meetings.

13/91: Gotham News:
J.M.F.Royce reminded Council, that the Gotham News costs were now over £2,400 in deficit. R.Muir would instigate advertising revenue to cover the overspend.

13/92: De-Fibrillator:
Photographs of a de-fibrillator cabinet were circulated. J.M.F.Royce re-iterated his suggestion that GPC would be able to fund a de-fibrillator if necessary. The Trustees  had agreed, in principle, to house the equipment within the grounds of the Memorial Hall. E.Padden offered to research funding opportunities. Agenda item for June, 2013.

13/93:  Chairman’s Report: Nil to report.

13/94: Clerk’s Report:
The Clerk had enquired at RBC re the whereabouts of a ‘St. Lawrence Close’ street sign for the new development of houses on the old Manor Farm site. She had been assured by RBC that the developer’s had a name plate on order which would be erected in the near future.
The Clerk would be out of the office from 13th – 21st June, 2013.

13/95: Matters to Report:
J.P.Anderson reported, members of the Cemetery sub-Committee had met on site to draw up a maintenance list of jobs which had currently been put out to tender. These included, repainting of front railings, re-coping of wall and tidy of front border.
K.Steed reported temporary traffic lights were in position on The Ridgeway for a month.
B.J.Walker reported, Andrew Brown had been elected County Councillor, successor to L.Sykes. The Clerk was asked to invite Mr. Brown to a meeting of GPC.

13/96: Date and Time of Next Meeting:  Tuesday, 4th June, 2013 at  7.30 p.m. in the Weldon Room.
Meeting closed at 10.15 p.m.

Minutes of a Meeting of the Planning & Development Committee (16/04/13)

MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF THE PLANNING & DEVELOPMENT COMMITTEE
HELD ON TUESDAY 16th APRIL 2013
AT 7.30 p.m. IN THE MEMORIAL HALL WELDON ROOM

Present:  J.P.Anderson (Chairman)   E. Rodgers, (Vice-Chairman) B.J.Walker, G.Clark, K.Steed, M.J.Sheppard, T.Vennett-Smith, E.Padden.

1/    Apologies:  (e-mail apology to Clerk after meeting from R.Muir).

2/    Acceptance of Apologies: N/a

3/    Declaration of Interest: Nil.

4/    Minutes of the Previous Meeting:
RESOLVED:  That the Minutes of the Planning & Development Committee, held on the 22nd January, 2013, as previously circulated, be confirmed and signed as a true record of the business transacted.
PROPOSED: E.Rodgers SECONDED: M.J.Sheppard. Vote: All in favour.

5/    Progress from the last Minutes, not on the Agenda:
Pg. 1. Item 11 Affordable Housing: No news from A.Gorringe re available land behind The Royal British Legion for affordable housing. A meeting of British Gypsum Estates Management Committee was due to be held on the 17th April, 2013 when more discussions would take place.

6/    Planning Decisions Received:

13/1: (ref: 13/00107/FUL)    2 Pygall Avenue, Gotham – side extension – GRANTED

13/2: (ref: 12/021129/ADV) Old Co-operative Nursery – 7-9 Wallace Street – Retention of individual lettering applied sign on front elevation. – GRANTED

13/3: (ref:13/00034/FUL) The Grange, Kegworth Rd. – erectiion of single storey pole barn for storage of feed and tractor.- GRANTED

7/    Planning Applications Received:

13/4: (ref: 13/00582FUL) Sunnydale Farm, Moor Lane – Installation of external flue.
PROPOSAL: NO OBJECTION.
PROPOSED: E.Rodgers  SECONDED: K.Steed. Vote: All in favour.

8/  RBC Core Strategy: Report on RBC Core Strategy technical meeting 9th April, 2013
J.P.Anderson and B.J.Walker, together with K.Mafham, had attended an RBC Core Strategy Technical Meeting held at Rushcliffe Borough Council on the 9th April. The Regional Spatial Strategy had been revoked which might result in reduced housing numbers. The purpose of the meeting was an attempt to satisfy the Inspector that the RBC Core Strategy met her expectations – that 3,500 new houses were built by 2015 to co-operate with the other Authorities.  Workshops would be held within the Council in order to decide where to build and the outcome of the decision would be put before Cabinet on  the 14th May, 2013. RBC had also been requested to undertake a green belt review, last carried out without consultation, in 2006. Chief Executive, Allen Graham, had pointed out that RBC had time and labour constraints, due to the cut in planning officers. A Public Enquiry might take place as soon as December, 2013 with a view to final adoption by early 2014. Representations should be made before the publication of the Nottingham Core Strategy and K.Mafham would submit a representation based on RBC housing numbers too high during the economic downturn when new housing was diffcult to sell. T.Vennett-Smith was due to attend a Council Workshop on Monday, 22nd April, 2013. He confirmed that RBC might be considering an additional five hundred houses on the Clifton Pastures with no extra land availability.i.e. higher density housing. Other sites under consideration for extra housing were Gamston and Tollerton. Sharphill Wood was not yet developed due to the current unviable housing market. More housing at Clifton would result in a knock-on effect of extra traffic on the A453 and through Gotham. As the green belt review was soon to be undertaken, J.P.Anderson suggested an amount of money should be set aside from the Green Belt Capital Budget to fund expert advice. C.P.R.E. Policy Officer Bettina Lange would be invited to advise GPC on liaison with RBC. B.J.Walker would make contact with Ms. Laing.

PROPOSAL: Set aside a budget of £500 for expert advice from CPRE (to be drawn from the present Capital Budget). PROPOSED: J.P.Anderson  SECONDED: E.Rodgers. Vote: All in favour.

K.Mafham could produce a 3D image of a largescale development of houses on Clifton Pastures. The loss of Grade 2 agricultural land should be enphasised. B.J. Walker suggested representation could be made to Councillor D.Bell, Chairman of Planning and Development at RBC.

9/ SHLAA Report:
The RBC SHLAA 2012 report was available. The Clerk would obtain a CD copy.

10/ A453 Widening:
Temporary traffic lights in Gotham, supplied by NCC Highways, if necessary following the closure of Barton Lane.

11/ NET 2 Progress:
The Clerk reported, the first lines of the NET 2 installed today on Meadoway in Nottingham.
Titan – Notts County Council Roadshow to be held in Thrumpton on the 11th June, 2013. An opportunity to view progess and traffic issues surrounding the NET 2 installation.

12/  Matters to Report:
T.Vennett-Smith and B.J.Walker would attend the RBC Planning Forum on the 24th April, 2013 re Community infrastructure and local Planning issues.
M.J.Sheppard reported Eric Pickles, M.P. to review Government planning proposals allowing home extensions without the need for planning permission.
T.Vennett-Smith reported his Borough Council Community Fund had been increased from £500 to £1,000. This fund was available to deserving village groups. Applications should be made in writing and state the reason for the request.

13/ Date & Time of Next Meeting: The next meeting of the Planning and Development Committee would be held in the Weldon Room of the Memorial Hall on Tuesday, 21st May, 2013 at 7.30 p.m.

Meeting closed at 8.30 p.m.

Minutes of a Meeting of the Environment Committee (26/03/13)

MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF THE ENVIRONMENT COMMITTEE
HELD ON TUESDAY 26th MARCH 2013
COMMENCING AT 7.30 P.M. IN THE MOONRAKERS’ ROOM

Members Present:   C.Dabell (Chairman), R.Davis, (Vice-Chairman) E.Padden, G.Clark, B.J.Walker, M.J.Sheppard, R.Muir, K.Steed.

1/    Apologies: British Gypsum Representative – A.Gorringe.

2/    Acceptance of Apologies:
PROPOSED: K.Steed SECONDED: R.Davis Vote: All in favour.

3/   Declaration of Interest: Nil.

4/ Minutes of the Previous Meeting:
RESOLVED:  That the Minutes of the Environment Committee, held on the 29th January, 2013, as previously circulated, be confirmed and signed as a true record of the business transacted, with the following alterations:

6/ Village Sculpture Progress Report: reword first sentence: ‘E.Padden provided a breakdown of the cost of the sculpture based on the available evidence’. Alter figure in second sentence from £1,790 to £1,923 and fourth sentence £4,511 to £4,964. (these figures allowed for the cost of a possible licence fee of £320).

11/ Any Other Business: Delete last sentence.

PROPOSED: G.Clark SECONDED: M.J.Sheppard Vote: All in favour.

5/  Progress arising from previous Minutes:

7/ Ditch drainage quotations for work adjacent to Railway Walk/BT Exchange:
The Clerk reported that the Railway Walk ditch digging had been carried out satisfactorily.

6/ Village Sculpture/Background Hedgerow:
G.Clark had brought a selection of evergreen hedgerow cuttings suitable for a planted hedgerow background to the Sculpture. Specimens included Laurel, Leylandii, Privet and Cherry. G.Clark would make further enquiries from an expert re the best choice of hedging with the least amount of pruning needs. M.J.Sheppard would contact T.Coles, of the Royal British Legion, in order to inform him of hedge planting proposals beyond the Royal British Legion fence on Nottingham Road.
R.Muir, G.Clark and engineering consultant, M.Raven, had visited Lunn Engineering on the 12th March, 2013 for a meeting with D.Charlesworth and F.Lunn to iron out final details of the manufacture of the Sculpture. The golden hare, supplied free of charge by D.Charlesworth, would be finished in gold leaf financed by Colbeck Photography and G.Clark. The Clerk had sought permission from to D.C. Comics, U.S.A. for the use of the batman figure on the Sculpture.
A simple circular surround of Gypsum material, flush with the ground and surrounded by a circle of grass, was planned around the base of the post. The transportation of the Sculpture might be sponsored by a local contractor, such as Hardstaff’s or the Power Station.
R.Muir had contacted A.Vickers, re the offer of a Heritage sign detailing the Tales which could be placed back to back and sharing a post with a similar sized sign to list the names of the sponsors of the Sculpture.
The chevrons, sited on the British Legion corner, had already been moved aside by NCC to accommodate the sculpture. Unfortunately, NCC were not prepared to re-site the village seat which would remain in place in front of the sculpture. D.Charlesworth would contact K.Hourd of NCC re this matter.
The Village Sculpture Opening Ceremony was planned for the 29th September, 2013. A Launch Group would be formed to arrange the re-enactment of up to six Tales of Gotham by Gotham Primary School and other interested village groups. A V.I.P. would be invited to officially unveil the Sculpture. The Clerk had established the cost of insurance was £300 but would seek another price from Zurich.

7/ Progress re Village Pump Electricity Supply:
M.J.Sheppard and G. Clark had met Mr. Freeman of NCC at the Village Pump for an inspection of equipment required to establish an electricity supply for future Christmas Tree lighting. The electrician, P.Smith had been equipped with an official manual for the correct electricity supply to meet NCC guidelines. P.Smith had produced a suitable box to enclose the transformer equipment. C.Dabell and G.Clark would meet a representative from English Heritage for approval of the equipment in the Grade 2 listed building. A.Howick was to be kept updated with progress. An NCC seasonal decoration application form would be submitted prior to the installation of the Christmas Tree.

R.Muir left the meeting at 8.45 p.m.

8/ Environment Finance Report:
The Clerk circulated the end of year Environment Spreadsheet for 2012/13 which showed unspent money totalling £111.14. This amount was not carried forward to 2013/14.

9/  Tithe Barn:
C.Dabell suggested a meeting with the Managing Director of Notts City Transport re plans for the Tithe Barn, dating back to the 1500’s, as and when the Bus Depot closed. He hoped it might become a village museum. G.Clark suggested the Bus Depot was possibly owned by a Holding Company.

10/ Complaint re Dog Mess in Village:
The Clerk had been alerted by the Webmaster to a complaint from a parishioner re the recent increase of dog mess on the village pavements. She had replied to the correspondent, pointing out the reason might be related to the recent wet conditions making off pavement walking unpleasant as the country tracks were too muddy. She had written an article for Gotham News urging dog owners to clear up after their dogs. GPC had increased the amount of available dog bins around the village. E.Padden suggested a poster campaign drawn up and displayed around the village by the Gotham Schoolchildren might help.

11/ Village Litter Pick:
Fly tipping on Soldiers’ Lane had been reported to the Clerk who had alerted Streetwise. It was agreed, the village was in a dirty state, especially the ditches alongside The Ridgeway, Kegworth and Leake Roads. R.Davis suggested a litter pick in April advertised to the village groups, such as GNR and Scout members for an official litter pick day. RBC would supply bags, pickers and rubbish bag collection.

12/ E-mail from Parishioner re speeding traffic/lack of street lighting on Nottingham Road.
The Clerk had received an e-mail from a parishioner who deplored the lack of lighting at Cheese Hill. The 30 m.p.h. was not in force at this location resulting in a dangerous situation for parishioners’ waiting at the bus stop. The Clerk had advised the correspondent that help might be available from County Councillor L. Sykes or NCC Highways. GPC were not in a position to change speed limits or extend street lighting.

13/ Any Other Business:
The Clerk had written another letter to Royal Mail re the re-installation of the village post box. An article in Gotham News to update parishioners on the provision of the A4 sized box would be included.

E.Padden reported an ambulance’s difficulty in locating the Surgery behind the Memorial Hall. The Clerk would alert the Practice Manager to the problem.

The Clerk reminded Councillors that the main meeting of GPC would take place on Easter Tuesday, 2nd April, 2013 as this date had been agreed to be convenient to the majority of members as the 9th April would clash with the meeting of the Trustees of the Memorial Hall/Recreation Ground.

14/ Date and Time of Next Meeting:
The next meeting of the Environment Committee would be held in the Weldon Room of the Memorial Hall on the 16th April, 2013. at 8.30 p.m.

Meeting closed at  9.30 p.m.

Notice of a Meeting of the Environment Committee (21/05/13)

GOTHAM PARISH COUNCIL

Mrs J.A.RAVEN
CLERK TO THE COUNCIL
33, LEAKE RD
GOTHAM
NOTTS
NG11  OHW
Tel :  0115 9830863
Email: gothamclerk@yahoo.co.uk

13th May 2013

YOU ARE DULY SUMMONED to attend an ENVIRONMENT COMMITTEE MEETING to be held in the Weldon Room on Tuesday, 21st May, 2013 at 8.30 p.m.

Yours sincerely,

J.A. Raven
Clerk to the Council

AGENDA:

  1. Election of Chairman
  2. Election of Vice-Chairman
  3. Apologies
  4. Acceptance of Apologies.
  5. Declaration of Interest
  6. Minutes of previous Meeting held on the 16th April, 2013
  7. Progress Arising from the Minutes
  8. Village Sculpture Progress (Landscaping/Unveiling Ceremony)
  9. Electricity in the Pump
  10. Tithe Barn
  11. Matters to Report
  12. Any Other Business
  13. Date and Time of Next Meeting

Committee Members C.Dabell, M.J.Sheppard, E.Padden, G.Clark,  R.Davis, K.Steed
ex officio – R.Muir  British Gypsum Representative – A.Gorringe

Distribution: All Councillors.

Members of the Public and Press are cordially invited to attend this meeting.

Notice of a Meeting of the Planning & Development Committee (21/05/13)

GOTHAM PARISH COUNCIL

Mrs J.A.RAVEN
CLERK TO THE COUNCIL
Tel:  0115 9830863
Email: gothamclerk@yahoo.co.uk

13th May 2013

YOU ARE SUMMONED to attend a PLANNING & DEVELOPMENT COMMITTEE MEETING
TO BE HELD IN THE WELDON ROOM ON TUESDAY 21ST MAY 2013 COMMENCING AT 7.30PM

Yours sincerely,

J.A. Raven
Clerk to the Council

AGENDA:

1/    Election of Chairman
2/    Election of Vice-Chairman
3/    Apologies
4/    Declaration of Interest
5/    Minutes of the Meeting held Tuesday 16th April, 2013.
6/    Progress from the Minutes, not on the Agenda.
7/    Planning Decisions Received:
8/    Planning Applications Received:
9/    RBC Core Strategy Update on ‘Fight to Save the Green Belt’
10/    Traffic Count following closure of Barton Lane
11/    A453 (progress report)
12/    Affordable Housing in Gotham
13/    Matters to Report
14/    Date & Time of Next Meeting

Committee Members: Ex Officio R.Muir,  J.P.Anderson,  B.J.Walker,    G.Clark,   E.Padden, E. Rodgers, T.Vennett-Smith, M.J.Sheppard.

Distribution List: All Councillors

Members of the Public and Press are cordially invited to this meeting.

Minutes of the Meeting of the Planning & Development Committee (22/01/13)

MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF THE PLANNING & DEVELOPMENT COMMITTEE
HELD ON TUESDAY,  22nd JANUARY 2013 at 7.30 p.m. IN THE MEMORIAL HALL WELDON ROOM

Present:  J.P.Anderson (Chairman)   E. Rodgers, (Vice-Chairman) B.J.Walker, E.Padden, G.Clark, K.Steed, M.J.Sheppard.

1/    Apologies:T.Vennett-Smith,   R.Muir,

2/    Acceptance of Apologies:

PROPOSED: G. Clark SECONDED: K.Steed.    All in favour.

3/    Declaration of Interest: Nil.

4/    Minutes of the Previous Meeting:  

RESOLVED:  That the Minutes of the Planning & Development Committee, held on the 18th December, 2012, as previously circulated, be confirmed and signed as a true record of the business transacted, with the following amendments: 9/  Green Belt Issues: 8th sentence replace ‘challenge’ with ‘appraisal’. 12th sentence replace ‘travellers initiatives’ with ‘car drivers’.

PROPOSED: E.Padden SECONDED: M.J.Sheppard. Vote: All in favour.

5/    Progress from the last Minutes, not on the Agenda: Nil.

6/    Planning Decisions Received: Nil.

7/    Planning Applications Received: Nil.

8/  RBC Core Strategy: Exploratory Meeting at 2pm Thursday 31st January in the W. Bridgford Community Hall. 

The Inspector, Ms.Kingaby, had written to RBC setting out some concerns about the Core Strategy. She had called an Exploratory Meeting which would be held on the 31st January, 2013 in West Bridgford Community Hall at 2.p.m. Planning consultant, K.Mafham and representatives from GPC planning committee would attend. The purpose of the meeting was to clarify how best to proceed with the examination of the Core Strategy in the light of the Inspector’s concerns. The concerns were mainly based on whether it met all the legal requirements and soundness criteria, especially in respect of housing policy. The Inspector would discuss the relevant aspects of the Core Strategy, primarily with the RBC representatives.

The argument for Gotham was the weak sustainability of the Core Strategy, weak consultation and traffic modelling a ‘one–sided’ process with no debate and no methodology. A meeting would be arranged in a month’s time with Barton/Thrumpton to review the Exploratory meeting. K.Mafham to attend.

The Chairman had received a letter from the Rt.Hon. K. Clarke which had failed to address the two key questions.

9/ A453 Widening:

The Chairman had received an e-mail from K.Nurse of NCC re formal procedure on meetings concerned with traffic issues such as up to date progress and traffic management during the widening work.

P.Goode, traffic manager for South Nottingham, had confirmed that Gotham could not have a pedestrian crossing due to the low numbers of through traffic. The Chairman had countered this remark with his conversation with the Headmistress of Gotham School who agreed it was important to carry out an up to date traffic count during rush hour periods, both before and after the closure of Barton Lane.

10/   NET 2:

The Chairman reported that C.Raynor had written an excellent letter re the cost of the tram extension but it had not been printed in the Nottingham Evening Post.

11/  Affordable Housing:

No more information had been forthcoming from A.Gorringe, St.Gobain representative, re the site behind The Royal British Legion.

12/  Matters to Report:

The Clerk had received notice of NCC’s intention to measure the Spar shop door re the Small Improvement Scheme to improve access.

The Clerk had received a letter of acknowledgement from The Post Office re the re-establishment of the post box outside the old Post Office.

A discussion took place re the siting of a de-fibrillator box in Gotham. (refer to main meeting).

13/ Date & Time of Next Meeting: The next meeting would be held in the Weldon Room of the Memorial Hall on Tuesday, 19th February, 2013 at 7.30 p.m.

Meeting closed at 8.25 p.m.