Category Archives: Minutes of Meetings

Minutes of Meetings from July 2012 onwards

Minutes of a Meeting of the Environment Committee (21/02/17)

The Meeting Commenced at 8.40 p.m.

Members present: Councillors G. May, (Vice-Chairman) G. Hutter, J.M.F. Royce, M. Wilkins, P. Bower.

In the absence of the Chairman, G. May chaired the meeting.

1. Apologies: C.Dabell (Chairman), D Bexon

2. Declaration of Interest: None

3. Minutes of previous meeting:
RESOLVED: That the Minutes of the Environment Committee, held on the 17th January, 2017 as previously circulated, be confirmed and signed as a true record of the business transacted..
PROPOSED: M. Wilkins SECONDED: P. Bower. Vote: All in favour.

4. Progress Arising from the Minutes:
Pg. 1 Item 4. The Clerk had sent an email enquiry to NCC K. Hourd re the long awaited improvements to Kegworth Road paths and road surface.

5. Flooding – Up to date progress:
M.Wilkins reported, the ditch on the left of Kegworth Road is very blocked. G.Hutter and P.Bower reported similar problems with blocked ditches alongside Leake Road, up to the mini roundabout. This matter had also been reported to County Councillor, A. Brown and Graham Taylor, of NCC Highways.
M.Wilkins reported, the ditch alongside Gypsum Way, is full of rubbish and fly tipped car wheels and tyres.

6. Well House Refurbishment (Conclusion)
G. Hutter and J.M.F.Royce had met M.Goodwill-Hodgson, (Well House technical architect) to discuss remedial work to be presented to Saunders Bros. The project should be completed for final payment by April, 2017 under contractural terms. There is £1,948 left in the Well House budget.

7. Planting along Nottingham Road, between Bidwell Crescent and Gotham Garage:
The verges alongside Nottingham Road are only mown twice a year by NCC. It was decided to defer a decision over planting until C. Dabell present.

8. Railway Walk:
J. Taylor had removed all the elder trees identified at the site meeting, held on the 5th February, along with scrub and bramble. Eco piles left for wildlife and insects.
PROPOSAL: To pay J. Taylor £1,750 for the work undertaken with the proviso that he rakes the piles of chippings to prevent them killing the spring growth of vegetation beneath.
PROPOSED: M. Wilkins SECONDED: G. May Vote: Four in favour, one against. (G.May to contact J. Taylor re bark chippings).

9. Replacement Seating in The Square/Rec. Ground/Cheese Hill. (Parishioner suggestion – SSSI)
A site meeting had been held to ascertain the best siting of the redundant Well House seats. It had been agreed, two seats should be placed alongside the Church Wall. J.M.F.Royce suggested there may be room for the third seat alongside the bicycle racks and would take measurements. He would ask A. Howick to fix the seats in place.
G. Hutter and J.M.F. Royce had inspected the wooden seat on Cheese Hill to find it in a dilapidated state. The Clerk had been asked, by a parishioner, for a seat at the SSSI. G. May reported, Natural England would not allow a seat to be sited within the SSSI as it is against the HLS agreement.

10. Choice of Tree Replacements in The Square – Liquidambar. Progress re purchase/planting:
G.May had ordered two Liquidambar trees from Six Acre Nurseries at a cost of, approximately, £70 each. Compost, stakes and root protector compound, approximately £25. The trees could be delivered to the home of J.M.F.Royce.
Planting arrangements to be made.

11. Dog Mess – Progress on signage:
The Clerk had asked RBC to display dog mess warning signs on suitable lamp posts around the major roads within the village. These signs were too small and fixed too high to be clearly visible. M. Wilkins reported, Keep Britain Tidy produce a Glow in the Dark warning sign at a cost of £25 each. He had designed his own version of a glow in the dark, batman themed sign which would be far more noticeable. He will produce some signage, as soon as possible and put an item, including a new-style sign in Gotham News.
There had been a report of a professional dog walker frequently letting loose a number of dogs on the Brick Yard. M. Wilkins suggested obtaining the number plate of the vehicle used for transport and report it to RBC.
The Dogs Trust have produced a film highlighting the national problem of dog mess and giving suggestions on how to improve matters.

12. Village Noticeboard Improvements:
The Clerk to obtain three quotations for a three compartment replacement noticeboard.

13. Matters to Report:
The Clerk had ordered ten large high viz vests for use during the Village Litter Pick on the 18th March, 2017. (Cost £44.37).
The Clerk reported, NCC had provided a new bus shelter on Leake Road (approximately opposite to the entrance to Eyres Lane).
A letter had been received from St. Lawrence PCC requesting financial assistance with the repairs to the Church Clock chimes. Cost £2,760 plus VAT. (Main agenda item).

14. Date and Time of Next Meeting:
The next meeting will be held in the Weldon Room of the Memorial Hall on Tuesday, 21st March, 2017 at 8.30 p.m.

Meeting closed: 10.00 p.m.

Minutes of a Meeting of Gotham Parish Council (07/02/17)

A One Minute Silence was observed in memory of retired Councillor Liz Reid, who sadly died last week.

Present: G. Hutter, (Chairman), B.J. Walker, (Vice-Chairman), D. Bexon, J.M.F. Royce, P. Bower, H. Taylor, M. Wilkins., G. May, C. Dabell, J.P. Anderson, A. Clayworth.

In Attendance: M. Raven

17/25: Apologies: County Councillor A. Brown, Borough Councillor S. Matthews.

17/26: Acceptance of Apologies:
PROPOSED: G. Hutter SECONDED: M. Wilkins. Vote: All in favour.

17/27: Report by County Councillor, A. Brown: N/a (apologies received)

17/28: Report by Borough Councillor, S. Matthews: N/a (apologies received).

17/29: Declaration of Interest:
Memorial Hall Trustees in any business pertaining to the Memorial Hall.
M. Wilkins in Agenda item 20. Gotham News and Media.

17/30: Minutes of the previous meeting:
Resolved: That the previously circulated Minutes of the Parish Council meeting held on the 3rd January, 2017 be accepted and signed as a true record of the business transacted, with the following amendments:
17/14: Flooding Progress Report: 4th line, replace ‘drain’ with ‘culvert’.
17/18: Gotham News and Media: 2nd sentence, correct spelling from ‘Wilcox’ to ‘Wilkins’.
Acceptance of amended Minutes: PROPOSED J.M.F. Royce SECONDED: G. Hutter. Vote: All in favour.

Progress: Pg. 3 Item 17/17: B.J. Walker reported the Police Priority Setting Meeting to now be held on the 8th February, 2017 at 10.00 a.m. at Keyworth Village Hall. B.J. Walker, to attend.
Pg. 3 17/7: Formal acceptance of the Revenue Budget 2017/18: £32,661.31. The Revenue Budget had increased to £32,787.31 to include the Defibrillator annual maintenance charge of £126. PROPOSED: J.P. Anderson SECONDED: J.M.F. Royce. Vote: All in favour.

17/31 Acceptance of Revised Standing Orders:
J.P. Anderson reported the reviewed Standing Orders, carried out during August, 2016, had been circulated to Councillors at the December, 2016 meeting for them to check their accuracy. The twenty-two-page document is complicated and produced from the NALC Model Standing Orders and amended to suit Gotham Parish Council’s specific needs within the legal framework to include statutory laws. The Standing Orders and Policies should be reviewed on an annual basis.
J.M.F. Royce had drawn up a list of alterations required and would forward them to J.P. Anderson. He suggested checking sections of the Standing Orders during the next six Parish Council meetings.
a. 18b Clerk’s appraisal – The Council will, upon a resolution, conduct a review of the performance and annual appraisal of the work of the Parish Clerk. The resolution shall determine who will carry out the appraisal. The review and appraisal shall be reported in writing and is subject to approval by resolution by the Council.
PROPOSAL: Adoption of Revision 1 of the Standing Orders dated 1st January 2017.
Next revision to be conducted in April in time for the AGM in May 2017.

PROPOSED: J.P. Anderson SECONDED: M. Wilkins. Vote: ten in favour, one against.
Reason for objection: The document is incomplete and not properly verified.

17/32: Two Casual Vacancies:
The Chairman had received a letter of resignation from R. Webster who had recently accepted the position of Councillor but found she was unable to continue with her membership, due to work commitments. The Clerk had informed the Electoral Officer and posted a Casual Vacancy notice on the Public Noticeboard. Therefore, there are still two vacancies.
An item in Gotham News to be placed which will hopefully attract two new applicants.

M. Raven left the meeting at 8.10 p.m.

17/33 Acceptance of Clerk’s Temporary Assistant (M. Raven).
Thanks recorded to M. Raven who has assisted the Clerk during the change to new computer software. NALC had been informed of the situation and reported many Parish Clerks worked with an assistant.
PROPOSAL: Acceptance of M. Raven’s role of temporary assistant for six months’ when the situation will be reviewed.
PROPOSED: J.M.F. Royce SECONDED: A. Clayworth. Vote: six in favour, five against.

M. Raven returned to the meeting at 8.15 p.m.

17/34: Finance: Monthly Payments and Receipts:
Monthly Payments and Receipts
PROPOSAL: Acceptance of Payment and Receipts.
PROPOSED: J.P. Anderson SECONDED: J.M.F. Royce Vote: All in favour.

Recommendations from the Finance Committee:
Precept for 2017/18 Nil increase.
J.M.F. Royce had spoken with RBC Financial representative, Ms. A. Hall-Wright who had confirmed a nil increase in Precept would result in an extra payment of £40. i.e. £36,440. This is due to the fluctuation in the number of payees of Council Tax which results in a flexible payment overall. The Revenue Budget has increased by 7% in 2017/18. B.J. Walker commented that the Cemetery gardening costs were excessive. (Agenda item for Cemetery Sub-Committee meeting agenda).
PROPOSAL: In view of an expected rise in Council Tax due to the expectation of RBC levying a charge for Social Care, it would be prudent for GPC to vote for a nil increase in the Precept for 2017/18.
PROPOSED: G. Hutter SECONDED: G. May. Vote: ten in favour, one against.
Gotham News Printing by Temple Printers:
Four
quotations had been received for the future printing/layout of Gotham News.
PROPOSAL: Acceptance of Temple Printers quotation of £805 for nine hundred copies. The cost may be reduced to £380 for printing only. Gotham Remembers inserts to cost £125 for printing only.
PROPOSED: G. May SECONDED: G. Hutter. Vote: ten in favour, one abstention.
M. Wilkins had kindly offered to carry out the layout of the March edition of Gotham News.

Permission for RFO to transfer monies from Handelsbanken to Co-op, if necessary.
PROPOSED: G. Hutter SECONDED: J.M.F. Royce. Vote: All in favour.

Application for £500 Gotham Fest Grant (M Lowe). [Deferred until March Meeting]

17/35: Chairman of Planning and Development Committee:
An RBC Public Consultation on Local Plan Part 2 –to be held in the Memorial Hall 9th March 2017 3 – 8 pm.
(item in Gotham News) Parishioners to be invited by RBC notices to every household.

J.P. Anderson read a report re a recent appeal to a development in Aslockton which had been turned down by the Inspector. Ref APP/P3040/W/16/3/31 43126.

The Clifton SUE (Sustainable Urban Extension) has been stalled by the progress of an outline planning application, although the Council are endeavouring to expedite matters with the aid of a planning performance agreement. However, the anticipated on-set development is now expected to be delayed by three years and the dwellings to be delivered within five years are reduced by 575 to less than half of those envisaged in the trajectory. J.P. Anderson had contacted Borough Councillor, S. Matthews, to get clarification on the reason for the three-year delay but no reason was forthcoming. The Local Plan is seemingly unviable.
K. Mafham has carried out an appraisal on available pockets of land within Gotham. The appraisal has not yet been sent to RBC. J.P. Anderson had arranged an informal meeting to be held at the home of B.J. Walker on Thursday, 9th February, 2017 to meet J. Coles of Barton P.C. and Ken Mafham to discuss green belt issues and the way forward re a potential problem with building around Gotham. Article to appear in Gotham News if time allows before the next issue goes to print.
Before any new building in Gotham be considered, the problem with drains must be tackled. The storm drain at Dead Man’s Island is blocked.
The Royal British Legion site is still under offer.

17/36: Planning Decisions Received: Nil.

17/37: Planning Applications Received:
17/1: (Ref: 17/00196/FUL) 329 Leake Road – 1st side extension single storey rear extension, loft conversion (resubmission).
PROPOSAL: OBJECTION.
PROPOSED: J.P. Anderson SECONDED: G. May. Vote: All in favour.
Reason for objection: The garage is in front of the building line and would set a precedent for all the properties along Leake Road. (The Ridgeway).

17/38: Report by Chairman of the Environment Committee:
Bidwell Crescent to Gotham Garage Tree Planting Project: In view of the amount of services identified below ground, it was agreed shrubs would be more appropriate along the Nottingham Road verge. Extra attention to verge mowing would tidy the area.
Relocation of 5 Village Seats: A site meeting took place on the 5th February, 2017 in The Square. Two former Well House seats to be sited next to the church wall.
PROPOSAL: To site two black seats from the Well House against the church wall and offer the two wooden seats to the Trustees of the Memorial Hall.
PROPOSED: G. May SECONDED: G. Hutter. Vote: All in favour.
A. Howick to quote to re-instate the NCC benches. Suggestions for siting the third black seat included Cheese Hill bus stop. (Environment Agenda item)

PROPOSAL: Suspension of Standing Orders to allow M. Raven to speak.
PROPOSED: G. Hutter SECONDED: J.P. Anderson. Vote: All in favour.

PROPOSAL: Re-instatement of Standing Orders to allow M. Raven to speak.
PROPOSED: G. Hutter SECONDED: J.P. Anderson. Vote: All in favour.

At 9.30 p.m. it was PROPOSED: To continue the meeting until the end of the Agenda.
PROPOSED: M. Wilkins SECONDED: J.P. Anderson. Vote: All in favour.

Recommendations from the Environment Committee to main Council:
Tree species for planting in The Square. (Revised Proposal) Advice from Six Acres Nursery made the choice of white beam or cherry trees inadvisable due to the amount of root space available. It was therefore, PROPOSED by B.J. Walker and SECONDED by D. Bexon to choose Liquidambar trees. Cost £150 – £200 depending on size. Vote: All in favour.
Railway Walk Quotations for removal of Elders: Three quotations had been received for the removal of elders along the Railway Walk. J. Taylor had advised that the method of removal would be sawing off which would not disturb the badger setts. Cost £1,750 plus VAT.
PROPOSAL: Acceptance of J. Taylor’s quotation of £1,750 plus VAT for elder removal along the Railway Track.
PROPOSED: J.P. Anderson SECONDED: G. May. Vote: All in favour. (G. May to inform J. Taylor).
PROPOSAL: Funding for elder removal to be taken from the Railway Walk budget and environment improvement budget increased by vired underspends, if necessary.
PROPOSED: G. Hutter SECONDED: M. Wilkins. Vote: ten in favour, one against.
Village Litter Pick: The date has been changed from the 11th March to the 18th March, 2017. B.J.Walker unavailable. An item in Gotham News to advertise the event.

17/39: Memorial Hall Report:
D.Bexon had run a successful survey at Gotham School to gain parents’ preferences re new playground equipment.
Adult equipment might be incorporated. G. May offered to join a sub-committee made up of GPC representatives, parents and Trustees of the Memorial Hall. A great deal of sponsorship money is currently available for sports/play equipment.

17/40: Flooding Progress Report:
A well-attended meeting of the Flooding Action Group took place in the Memorial Hall on the 30th January, 2017. The plan is to continue working with County Councillor A. Brown who will work on Gotham’s behalf at County Hall. The new ditch, running adjacent to the New Rectory, has been dug out. NCC to clear the culvert running under Leake Road to meet the new ditch. The Clerk had advised M. Simes of the newly dug ditch and M. Simes had confirmed she had checked the ditch alongside her field for blockages

PROPOSAL: To suspend Standing Orders to allow M. Raven to speak.
PROPOSED: J.P. Anderson SECONDED: G. Hutter. Vote: All in favour.

17/41: Data Access Request:
A Subject Access Request for personal data has been received from retired Councillors M.J. Sheppard and G. Holbrook. The data search will involve reviewing emails and correspondence, but not Minutes of Meetings. M.Raven is currently undertaking this work, having taken advice from the ICO and NALC. A charge for the search of £10 per applicant is the maximum that can be levied. (A Data Access Policy should be included in revised Standing Orders).

17/42: Clerk’s Appraisal:
PROPOSAL: Date of Appraisal to be arranged when A. Clayworth has completed an appraisal course.
PROPOSED: G. May SECONDED: M. Wilkins. Vote: All in favour.

17/43: Policing Matters/Vandalism:
Sheds broken into and car theft during January. B.J. Walker to enquire at the Police Priority Setting Meeting, why GPC not alerted to current crime in the village.

17/44: Gotham News and Media:
Thanks to M. Wilkins for his kind offer to lay out the March edition of Gotham News. He is currently awaiting copy.

G. Hutter left the room at 9.55 p.m.

C.Dabell left the meeting at 9.55 p.m.

B.J. Walker had written a long article for Gotham News in respect of retired Chairman, M.J. Sheppard’s work for GPC.
PROPOSAL: A five-line paragraph to mark the work undertaken by M.J. Sheppard during his Chairmanship of GPC to be included in the March edition of Gotham News.
PROPOSED: A.Clayworthl SECONDED: M. Wilkins. Vote: five in favour, four against.

G. Hutter returned to the meeting at 10.00 p.m.

17/45: Chairman’s Report:
G. Hutter thanked Councillors for their hard work over the last two months.

17/46: Clerk’s Report:
The Clerk reported, the Memorial Hall Honours Board had been updated.
.
17/47: Matters to Report:
H. Taylor enquired whether Gotham’s roadside entrance signage was to be improved as per previous discussions. The Chairman explained this had been unnecessary due to the discovery of the stolen sign from Nottingham Road having been returned by Police. The three GOTHAM entrance signs had since been firmly secured by NCC to prevent further theft.

17/48: Items for Next Agenda:
Standing Orders – continued review.

17/49: Date of Next Meeting: The next Meeting will be held on Tuesday, 7th March, 2017 at 7.30 p.m.

Meeting closed at 10.10 p.m.

Minutes of a Meeting of the Planning & Development Committee (21/02/17)

Present: Councillors, J.P. Anderson (Chairman), A. Clayworth (Vice-Chairman) M. Wilkins, J.M.F. Royce, B.J.Walker, G.Hutter.

1/ Apologies: Nil Absent: H.Taylor. In Attendance: Barton Councillor, J. Coles, Planning Representative, K. Mafham.

The Chairman welcomed J. Coles and K. Mafham to the meeting.

2/ Declaration on Interest: B.J. Walker declared an interest in Item 5 on the Agenda as she is a village landowner.

3/ Minutes of the Meeting held on Tuesday, 18TH October, 2016.
RESOLVED: That the Minutes of the Planning & Development Committee, held on the 18th October, 2016 as previously circulated, be confirmed and signed as a true record of the business transacted.
PROPOSED: B.J. Walker SECONDED: J.M.F. Royce. Vote: All in favour.

4/ Progress from the Minutes, not on the Agenda: Nil to report.

PROPOSAL: Suspension of Standing Orders during the meeting to allow K. Mafham and J. Coles to join the debate.
PROPOSED: J.P.Anderson SECONDED: J.M.F.Royce. Vote: All in favour.

5/ RBC village Local Plan part 2 ‘Further Options’ Consultation 17th February – 31st March
RBC presentation 3-8pm 9th March 2017 at the Memorial Hall

RBC has produced its Local Plan Part 2 with associated green belt review and a Rushcliffe Community Infrastructure Levy. The Consultation period is between the 17th February to the 31st March, 2017. GPC has to submit the best response possible by this time. There is a total of five consultation meetings planned around the Borough with the one at Gotham Memorial Hall due to take place on the 9th March, 2017 from 3pm – 8 p.m.
RBC must find land in the Borough for nine hundred new homes with Clifton South land not an option, at the present time due to transport/sustainability reasons. Eight possible plots of land in Gotham have been identified as possible building sites.

K.Mafham reported to the meeting.

RECOMMENDATIONS to main Council:
1. To pay Ken Mafham £500 for planning advice.
2. That GPC reaffirms its policy for a ‘shrink-wrap’ green belt envelope around the village and supports provision of affordable housing, behind the former Royal British Legion site.
3. That GPC register for a Neighbourhood Plan.
4. A Public Meeting to be held on Monday, 20th March, 2017 in the Memorial Hall, main hall at 7.30 p.m.

PROPOSED: J.P. Anderson SECONDED: G. Hutter. Vote: All in favour.

Item 10. To be taken next on the agenda.

10. Date & Time of Next Meeting:
The next meeting of the Planning Committee will be held in the Memorial Hall Weldon Room on Tuesday, 28th February, 2017 at 7.30 p.m.

Meeting closed at 7.40 pm

Minutes of a Meeting of the Planning & Development Committee (18/10/16)

Present: Councillors, J.P.Anderson (Chairman) , A.Clayworth (Vice-Chairman) M.Wilkins, J.M.F.Royce, B.J.Walker, M.J.Sheppard.

1/ Apologies: G.Hutter Absent: H.Taylor.

2/ Declaration on Interest: Nil.

3/ Minutes of the Meeting held on Tuesday, 20TH September, 2016.
RESOLVED: That the Minutes of the Planning & Development Committee, held on the 20th September, 2016 as previously circulated, be confirmed and signed as a true record of the business transacted, with the following amendment: 6/ Clifton Pastures Update: 2nd sentence delete ‘New Year’ replace with ‘any time now’.
PROPOSED: M.J.Sheppard SECONDED: B.J.Walker. Vote: All in favour.

4/ Progress from the Minutes, not on the Agenda: Nil to report.

5/ Affordable Houses In Gotham:
J.P.Anderson had, unsuccessfully, attempted to contact Ross Jones, Waterloo Property Representative, who had indicated a meeting was to take place with British Gypsum re the release of land for affordable housing. The two parties might be awaiting the outcome of the former RBLsite sale.

6/ Clifton Pastures Update:
J.P.Anderson reported his attempt to speak to a representative of Notts Highways, re traffic issues, should the housing development at Clifton go ahead. GPC will need to work with Highways to achieve the best road system.
K.Mafham has sent the Kimberley Neighbourhood Plan first stage as an example of how he might be able to assist Gotham draw up a Neighbourhood Plan,if required. It will be advisable to await the outcome of Gotham’s green belt status after the RBC Local Plan Part 2 is published and seek Ken’s opinion on the need for a Neighbourhood Plan.
Over the past few years, several major projects have required capital funds. J.P.Anderson suggested a capital fund could be set up for Development Plans.
A sum of money needs to be injected into the green belt fund, say £10,000. Recommendation to the Finance Committee PROPOSED by B.J.Walker and SECONDED by J.P.Anderson that it is appropriate to increase the Capital sum in the green belt fund to total £10,000.
Vote: four in favour, one against and one abstention.

A discussion took place re the future of the Tithe Barn which could be refurbished by the Heritage Lottery Grant only if it was to be put to community use. A public consultation might assist with ideas for using the Tithe Barn if it should become available .

7/ Planning Decisions Received: Nil.

8/ Planning Applications Received: Nil.

9/ Matters to Report:
The grass in the Cemetery is too long. Clerk to check with Horizon re another cut.
Well House refurbishment total cost to date – £35,389. Benches and gates still to be ordered. Contingency – £339.
10/ Date & Time of Next Meeting:
The next meeting of the Planning Committee will be held in the Memorial Hall Weldon Room on Tuesday, 15th November, 2016 at 7.30 p.m.

Meeting closed at 8.25 p.m.

Minutes of a Meeting of Gotham Parish Council (03/01/17)

Present: G.Hutter, (Chairman),    B.J.Walker, (Vice-Chairman),  D.Bexon,   J.M.F.Royce, P.Bower,  H.Taylor,  M.Wilkins., G.May.

In Attendance: County Councillor, A.Brown.

Apologies: Councillors, C.Dabell, J.P.Anderson, A.Clayworth, R.Webster,  Borough Councillor, S.Matthews.

17/1: Acceptance of Apologies:

PROPOSED:  G.Hutter    SECONDED:  M.Wilkins. Vote: All in favour.

17/2: Report by County Councillor, A.Brown:

Councillor Brown would attend a Flood Action meeting, to be held in late January, in the Memorial Hall. Date to be agreed.

Rushcliffe Borough Council offices had moved to Rugby Road, West Bridgford. No news of the fate of the old offices in Pavilion Road, West Bridgford.  A recent meeting of the Council Environment Committee discussed the imminent arrival of superfast Broadband by fine tuning individual post codes.

A full meeting of Nottm. County Council will be held next week. A. Brown planning to ask why the Skylink bus does not stop in the A453 villages or the Parkway Railway Station. This does not facilitate easy travel for staff at the Airport.

The long awaited bus shelter, scheduled for Leake Road, might have been held up by an objection from a parishioner on Leake Road. Clerk to contact Elliot Mitson at NCC for advice.

A.Brown to research the availability of the NCC Adoption Map showing land, with water courses, owned by the County Council. This is vital to help with future ditch, culvert inspections and upgrades.

The broken wooden gate at the top of the School walk is to be replaced with a metal kissing gate supplied by NCC & fitted by J. Moss. NCC will also rebuild the steps up to the gate. Clerk to contact  J.Bains re Gypsum Way broken down fencing at the gate opposite to Hill Road..

A.Brown advised contacting RBC Environmental Health Department re dog fouling signage and advice, dirty road signage and litter.

County Councillor A.Brown left the meeting at 8.04 p.m.

17/3: Report by Borough Councillor, S. Matthews: N/a (apologies received).

17/4: Declaration of Interest: Memorial Hall Trustees in any business pertaining to the Memorial Hall.

17/5: Minutes of the previous meeting:

Resolved: That the previously circulated Minutes of the Parish Council meeting held on the 3rd December, 2016 be accepted and signed as a true record of the business transacted:

PROPOSED: G.May SECONDED: J.M.F.Royce. Vote: All in favour.

Progress: 16/254: Additional £50 in favour of South Notts First Responders to be sent to G. Whitehead. In future, attendees at public events will be asked their fee expectations prior to the event.

17/6: New Councillor signature of Declaration of Code of Conduct: N/a (apologies received)

17/7: Casual Vacancy:

The Chairman and Clerk had spoken to a Parishioner who had showed an interest in joining the Council.

To date, no letter of application had been received. The Casual Vacancy is being advertised more widely and on the Village Facebook page.

17/8:  Finance: Monthly Payments and Receipts:

PROPOSAL: Acceptance of Payment and Receipts.

PROPOSED: B.J.Walker SECONDED: J.M.F.Royce  Vote: All in favour.

a) Formal acceptance of the Revenue Budget 2017/18: £32,661.31.

It was noted, the cost of Cemetery mowing had risen by £904 due to an increase in annual cuts, from twelve to fourteen, more grave tidying and removal of grass cuttings. The contract to be put out to tender next year.

The mowing machine is currently undergoing a costly refurbishment, invoice expected for over £1,000.

Acceptance of the Revenue Budget 2017/18: £32,661.31.PROPOSED: B.J.Walker SECONDED: J.M.F.Royce  Vote: Five in favour, three abstentions.

b) Donation of £50 from East Midlands Airport.

E.M.Airport Carol singing donation of £50, currently held by GPC, to be passed to M.Lowe to help with costs for the recent event held on the 20th December, 2016. D.Bexon to enquire favoured payment method.

c)Date of Finance Meeting 31st January, 2017.

To facilitate the Clerk’s diary, the Finance Meeting to be moved forward to the 24th January, 2017.

17/9: Chairman of Planning and Development Committee: Nil to report.

17/10: Planning Applications Received: Nil.

17/11:   Planning Decisions Received:.Nil.

17/12:: Report by Vice-Chairman of the Environment Committee:

The last Environment meeting took place on the 15th November,  2016 chaired by C.Dabell.

Village Seats: A.Howick to quote to refurbish the RBC benches by the Church Wall in The Square and outside the New Rectory, Leake Road. During refurbishment, the old Well House seats could be used.

G.May asked to join the Environment Committee. Next meeting to be held on the 17th January, 2017.

17/13: Memorial Hall Report:

A letter had been received from P.R.Dines on behalf of the Trustees, re a decision to pass playground maintenance to GPC.

The Clerk had a contact at Produlic and would research its products with a view to inviting a representative to a future meeting, with the Trustees approval.

PROPOSAL: Formation of a Playground Community Group for future assistance with playground maintenance and equipment supply. PROPOSED: G.May SECONDED: D.Bexon. Vote: All in favour.

D.Bexon to enquire at School for prospective members. To date: C.Payne, G.May and G.Hutter volunteered to join the Playground Community Group. .

17/14: Flooding Progress Report:

J.M.F.Royce reported, Nottm. City Transport had carried out remedial work on its existing culvert.

The dyke running from Lochhead’s nursery to the old railway line is in the original condition with, to date,  no progress.

The open ditch, from the Bus Garage to the New Rectory sudcroft, now being attended to by Southwell Diocese and  A. Howick. The culvert, under the road, is the responsibility of NCC.

M.Simes has been alerted to the newly cleared ditches and asked to check her part of the ditch adjacent to her field. The Railway Walk culvert had been fitted with railings and the entrance to the culvert cleared. Thanks to A.Howick for his assistance. (An invoice from A.Howick should be sought by GPC). Weeds alongside the ditch to be annually strimmed. Weedkiller might prove toxic to the watercourse.

PROPOSAL: To continue meeting past 9.30 p.m. in order to complete the Agenda.

PROPOSED: J.M.F.Royce SECONDED: M.Wilkins. Vote: All in favour.

17/15: Acceptance of Revised Standing Orders (Date of Extraordinary Meeting)

Revised Standing Orders to be read by all Councillors during the month of January. Queries/comments to be submitted to B.J.Walker and J.P.Anderson. Standing Orders to be formerly approved at the February meeting or, an extraordinary meeting, if more queries need clarification. (Next GPC main meeting to commence at 7.00 p.m.. to allow more time for this item. The Clerk had sent a letter of thanks to P.R.Dines for her work on the revision of Standing Orders.

17/16: Computer update for Clerk (Report by M.Wilkins)

PROPOSAL: Appointment of M.Wilkins to purchase a laptop computer and accessories for the Clerk. PROPOSED: G.Hutter  SECONDED: H.Taylor. Vote: All in favour.

M.Wilkins had researched a package consisting a laptop, accessories, mouse, case, etc. at a sale cost of £457.99. PROPOSAL: M.Wilkins to purchase the laptop equipment at £457.99.

PROPOSED: G.May  SECONDED: G.Hutter. Vote: All in favour.

17/16: Clerk’s Appraisal:

Date of Appraisal to be arranged when A.Clayworth has completed an appraisal course.

17/17: Policing Matters/Vandalism::

December crime figures not yet received. A burglary had taken place at a private dwelling on Nottingham Road, the third at the property in eighteen months’.

Police Priority Setting Meeting to be held on the 15th February, 2017 at 10.00 a.m. at Keyworth Village Hall. B.J.Walker, G.May and D.Bexon to attend.

17/18: Gotham News and Media:

G.Hutter had visited Adlards Printers to seek pricing for the next edition of Gotham News. Two more printers to be researched by M.Wilkins and G.Hutter. Next copy due out in March so copy date, mid-February.

17/19: Western Power Severe Weather Warning Registration:

Clerk to register GPC for severe weather warnings. Information received can be posted on the village Facebook and Website.

17/20: Chairman’s Report:

The Chairman had received a suggestion re holding a ‘Gotham Games’. Public interest can be gauged by an article in the next edition of Gotham News.

17/21: Clerk’s Report:

The Clerk suggested a Gotham Litter Pick in March. Date agreed: Saturday, 11th March, 2017.

The Clerk reported a message from NALC re the government’s decision not to extend council tax referendum principles to any size of parish or town council in 2017/18.

Rushcliffe Borough Council’s new address is:

Rushcliffe Arena, Rugby Road, West Bridgford, Nottm. NG2 7YG.

17/22: Matters to Report:

G.Hutter offered to attend the Town and Parish Forum at RBC on Wednesday, 15th February, 2017.

M.Wilkins reported a pot hole fund available. Two pot holes on Hall Drive had recently been repaired.

17/23: Items for Next Agenda:

Standing Orders acceptance, Gotham News printing, Flooding report.

17/24: Date of Next Meeting: The next Meeting will be held on Tuesday, 7th February, at 7.00 p.m. (to facilitate S/O’s)

Meeting closed at 10.40 p.m.

Minutes of a Meeting of the Finance Committee (22/11/16)

Present:           J.M.F.Royce,  J.P.Anderson, B.J.Walker, G.Hutter.

New Councillor G.May signed the Code of Conduct Form which was witnessed and signed by the Clerk. The Chairman welcomed G. May to the Council.

Nomination: G.May to join the Finance Committee.

PROPOSED: J.M.F.Royce  SECONDED: J.P.Anderson Vote: All in favour.

1/          Apologies: Nil.

2/   Acceptance of Apologies: N/a

3/            Declaration of Interest: Nil.

4/          Minutes of the Finance Committee Meeting held 25th October, 2016:

RESOLVED: The Minutes of the Finance Committee Meeting held on 25th October, 2016, as previously circulated, be confirmed and signed as a true record of the business transacted.

PROPOSED:  B.J.Walker. SECONDED:.J. P.Anderson Vote: All in favour.

Progress:

Suspension of Standing Orders to allow P.R.Dines to speak.

PROPOSED:  J. P.Anderson. SECONDED: B.J.Walker. Vote: All in favour.

P.R.Dines remarked that the Play Equipment budget for 2017/18 had been put at £500 which would need ratifying. She had added £350 to this budget due to rising maintenance costs.

Re-instatement of Standing Orders.

PROPOSED:  J. P.Anderson. SECONDED: B.J.Walker. Vote: All in favour.

5/   Bank Account Balances (As at 22.11.2016)

a)         Co-Op Current Account:                                    £12,414.02 (unreconciled)

b)         Co-op 14 Day Account:                        £                      £3.77

c)          Handelsbanken current account :          £ 64,234.83

6/   2016/17 Budget Rolling Balances (additional to date)

a) Capital:

Budget: Balance as at 22/11/2016 – £59,477.63

Well House unspent funds – £3,332.00.

Suspension of Standing Orders to allow P.R.Dines to speak.

PROPOSED:  J. P.Anderson. SECONDED: B.J.Walker. Vote: All in favour.

P.R.Dines questioned the underspend figures. These were available for Council inspection following the conclusion of the 2015/16 Audit.

Re-instatement of Standing Orders.

PROPOSED:  J. P.Anderson. SECONDED: B.J.Walker. Vote: All in favour

b) Revenue: Balance as at 22/11/2016 – £12,856.98 – Average monthly spend is £2,932.00. It might be possible to reach the end of April, 2017 when the Precept is received, without drawing capital down from Handelsbanken. The Clerk had submitted a VAT repayment application form for 2015/16 totalling £2,403.81.

c)  Recreation Ground: The water bill of £2,200 is shared equally between GPC and the Trustees of the Memorial Hall/Recreation Ground.

A letter of complaint has been received re the current dilapidated state of the play equipment.

7. Revenue Budget for 2017/18:

a) Recreation Ground Revenue:  £7,588.

The amount of £8,738 includes the Recreation Ground mowing contract fee of £1,150. The Contract is now between GPC and the Trustees of the Memorial Hall/Recreation Ground. The Mowing Contract to be formerly agreed by main Council at the next meeting.

PROPOSAL: Recommendation to Accept the Recreation Ground Budge of £8,738 for year 2017/18.

PROPOSED: J.P.Anderson  SECONDED: B.J.Walker  Vote: Four in favour, one abstention.

P.R.Dines to check whether E.Perrell currently mows the bank alongside the Memorial Hall car park.

8.        Balancing the Budgets:

J.P.Anderson had carried out a reconciliation of the account papers and identified unaccounted funds of £8,429.11. J.M.F.Royce explained the Council funds were not totally ringfenced to allow for emergency payments of unforeseen items.

9. Any Other Financial Matters to Report.

St.Lawrence PCC had agreed to the Burial Fund being vired towards Cemetery mowing. J.P.Anderson to create a new budget heading for Cemetery mowing on the Revenue Budget paper.

The Playground slide was in a state of disrepair. An initial fund of £6000 should be budgeted towards a new slide and other playground equipment, with an extra £1,000 per year, for five years, to be matchfunded by the Trustees of the Memorial Hall/Recreation Ground. The Recreation Ground Capital of £3,000 held by GPC, could be brought forward as part payment.  Other funding may be applied for from the NCC Small Community Fund or the East Midland Airport fund.

J.P.Anderson was progressing new office software for the Clerk. This might cost up to £250 per annum for an accounting package.

B.J.Walker suggested retired Chairman of GPC should receive the Chairman’s Allowance payment due to him. Agenda item for main meeting.

J.P.Anderson reported three planning applications for a total of thirty houses in Barton had been submitted to RBC.

GPC are not consultees but J.P.Anderson had drafted a letter of comment re the impact more housing would have on traffic through Gotham and on the various facilities, i.e. schools, transport, sports, shops, doctors, etc.

10/        Date and Time of Next Meeting: Tuesday, 31st January, 2017 at 7.30 p.m.

Meeting closed at 9.10 p.m.