Category Archives: Minutes of Meetings

Minutes of Meetings from July 2012 onwards

Minutes of the AGM of Gotham Parish Council (07/05/13)

MINUTES OF THE ANNUAL GENERAL MEETING OF GOTHAM PARISH COUNCIL
HELD ON 7th MAY 2013 IN THE MEMORIAL HALL WELDON ROOM, COMMENCING AT 7.00 P.M.

Present: R.Muir, (Chairman),  M.Sheppard (Vice-Chairman), J.M.F.Royce, E.Padden, G.Clark, J.P.Anderson, B.J.Walker, R.Davis,  C.Dabell, K.Steed.

13/73: Appointment of Chairman for the ensuing year: (2013-2014).
It was moved by R.Davis, seconded by M.J.Sheppard, that R.Muir should be appointed Chairman for the ensuing year. A recorded vote was requested by J.M.F.Royce.
In favour: R.Muir, J.P.Anderson, G.Clark, R.Davis, K.Steed, M.J.Sheppard, C.Dabell.
Against: B.J.Walker, J.M.F.Royce.
R.Muir thanked the Council and agreed to serve as Chairman and signed the Acceptance of Office form.
B.J.Walker stated she was unable to vote for R.Muir to stand as Chairman for 2013/14 in view of the Chairman’s conduct in public had twice fallen below the standard expected of an elected member of the Council.
She questioned the accuracy of the 2012 AGM Minutes stating that R.Muir had received a ‘unanimous vote’ to stand as Chairman for that year as she had not cast her vote in favour. She had not brought this matter to Council’s attention at the next meeting, in June, when the Minutes were formally approved.

13/74: Appointment of Vice-Chairman for the ensuing year: (2013-2014).
It was moved by G.Clark, seconded by C.Dabell, and carried by unanimous vote, that M.J. Sheppard be appointed Vice-Chairman for the ensuing year. M.J.Sheppard thanked the Council and agreed to stand as Vice-Chairman and signed the acceptance of office form.

13/75: Apologies: D. Bexon, L.Rodgers,  T.Vennett-Smith.

13/76: Acceptance of Apologies:
PROPOSED:C.Dabell  SECONDED: G.Clark.  Vote: All in favour.

13/77:  Declaration of Interest: Elected Trustees in any matter concerning the Memorial Hall/Recreation Ground.

13/78: Appointment of Committee Members and 4 Trustees to serve on Memorial Hall/Recreation Ground Trust:

Finance Committee Members:
J.M.F.Royce, G.Clark, B.J.Walker,  J.P.Anderson.
Ex officios – R.Muir, M.J.Sheppard
Planning & Development Committee Members:
J.P.Anderson,  B.J.Walker,    G.Clark,   E.Padden, E. Rodgers, T.Vennett-Smith, K.Steed.
Ex officios – R.Muir, M.J.Sheppard
Nominees to act as Trustees of the Memorial Hall/Recreation Ground.
D.Bexon,  G.Clark, M.Sheppard, K.Steed.
Environment Committee Members:
E.Padden, G.Clark, C.Dabell, R.Davis, K.Steed.
Ex officios – R.Muir, M.J.Sheppard.
Cemetery Sub-Committee:
J.P.Anderson, D.Bexon, C.Dabell, G.Clark. – PCC Representatives: D.Power, A.Farnsworth.
Ex officios – R.Muir, M.J.Sheppard

13/79:  Appointment of Members for Working Parties/Groups:

Sports Arena Management Committee:
J.P.Anderson, M.J.Sheppard.
Gotham News Editorial.
D.Bexon, E.Padden, R.Muir, M.J. Sheppard, K.Steed.
Gotham Website.
K.Steed- website. (Webmaster – S.Butler)

13/80:  Appointment of Delegates/Representatives:
N.A.L.C:    B.J.Walker/Clerk
Parish Paths Partnership:    C.Dabell, R.Muir to assist ex Councillor, K.G.Thorpe.
Neighbourhood Watch:    B.J.Walker
Police Liaison:    D.Bexon, L.Rodgers
C.P.R.E:    B.J.Walker

PROPOSAL: To accept the list of Councillors to serve as representatives on the aforementioned Committees.
PROPOSED: R.Muir  SECONDED: M.J.Sheppard. Vote: All in favour.

The four Trustees of the Memorial Hall/Recreation Ground declared an interest in any business concerning the Memorial Hall and Recreation Ground for the forthcoming year.

The Chairman stated that Committee/Sub-Committee Chairmen would be appointed at the first meeting of the Committee in question.

Mr.T.Priestley arrived at the meeting at 7.25 p.m.

13/81: Minutes of the previous meeting:
RESOLVED: That the Minutes of the Parish Council Meeting held  2nd April, 2013 as circulated, be signed as a true record of the business transacted, with the following amendments: 13/57  Minutes of the previous meeting: add Seconded: E.Padden delete R.Davis. Planning and Development Report:  Add Vice-Chairman,  E.Rodgers, absent.
PROPOSED:J.P. Anderson SECONDED: M.J.Sheppard Vote:  All in favour

D.Power arrived at the meeting at 7.30 p.m.

Progress from the Last Minutes:
13/62: Village Sculpture: R.Muir confirmed the reason NCC would not agree to the removal of the village seat from the verge adjacent to The Royal British Legion was the fact that it was implicated in the crash test. A crescent shaped wall constructed out of British Gypsum material (material available at no cost) could replace the seat if built to the required height and would prove a more suitable element of the village sculpture site.
13/64: De-Fibrillator for Gotham: M.J.Sheppard had not approached the Trustees of the Memorial Hall re part funding the acquisition of a de-fibrillator. He would do so when general agreement of a site had been reached.

E.Padden arrived at the meeting at 7.35 p.m.

The Chairman announced Item 20 on the Agenda Chairman’s Report  – parishioners request to NCC for traffic restrictions on Leake Road opposite to the Church. – would be discussed next to allow Mr. T.Priestley to raise his points.

PROPOSAL: Suspension of Standing Orders.
PROPOSED: E.Padden  SECONDED: J.M.F.Royce  vote: All in favour.

Mr. T. Priestley outlined his submission to NCC Highways for traffic restrictions to be installed either side of the entrance to Church Street. He emphasised the danger to car drivers’ pulling out of Church Street due to  car parking on Leake Road, opposite to St.Lawrence Church obscuring the view. He called for three clear places either side of the junction to allow car drivers’ exiting Church Street a view of Leake Road. He called for the Parish Council’s support for his submission.
Mr.D.Power fully understood the difficulty but considered excessive car parking on Leake Road, opposite to St. Lawrence Church,  happened rarely and yellow lines would be an unnecessarily draconian measure. The PCC were in the process of educating visitors to the Church and Church Hall of the necessity to park with courtesy to residents. Notices were posted inside and outside the Hall and articles would appear in the Messenger to emphasise the matter.

Ms.Laura Trussler of NCC Highways had indicated that car parking restrictions would entail a lengthy procedure of up to ten months. An NCC Committee meeting would need to take place to make the parking restrictions legally enforceable.  The process would be helped by written support by GPC.

The Parish Council agreed to approve the submission to NCC for parking restrictions on Leake Road either side of the entrance to Church Street. (dated 7th May, 2013).

Mr.T.Priestley and Mr. D.Power left the meeting at 8.05 p.m.

POROPOSAL: Re-instatement of Standing Orders.
PROPOSED: J.P.Anderson  SECONDED: G.Clark  Vote: All in favour.

13/83: Finance Monthly Payments and Receipts:
Receipts and Payments: RESOLVED: That the receipts, since the last meeting, are noted and the Accounts in Appendix F1 be confirmed and authorised for payment.
J.M.F.Royce reported the first payment of the Council Precept, amounting to £18,416 had been received.
J.M.F.Royce drew Council’s attention to the first recorded claim for £12.01 for a Councillor’s petrol expenses.
The drain scan, conducted by Lane’s, on the Memorial Hall driveway during April had cost £595 plus VAT.
PROPOSAL: That funds of £595 should be drawn from the Car Park Refurbishment Capital of £2,500.
PROPOSED: J.M.F.Royce SECONDED: J.P.Anderson  Vote:  All in favour.
M.J.Sheppard suggested two representatives from GPC and the Trustees ‘project manage the car park project and report back to each party’.
PROPOSAL: Acceptance of the Monthly Finance Sheet for May, 2013.
PROPOSED: J.P.Anderson  SECONDED: M.J.Sheppard. Vote: All in favour.

Acceptance by the Parish Council  of the Audit for Year end  2012/13:
The Chairman read out the financial conditions that the Council had  adhered to during the year 2012/13.
PROPOSAL: To accept the Audit of the Accounts for the year 2012/13.
PROPOSED: J.P.Anderson SECONDED: M.J.Sheppard Vote: All in favour.
The Chairman and Clerk signed the Audit sheet. The Clerk would forward the accounts to the Internal Auditor, Mr.G.Stafford for his  inspection and approval.

Recommendation from Planning Committee to use £500 from the existing green belt budget, currently standing at £2,952, for part payment to commission a report by C.P.R.E. to save the Clifton Pastures green belt land.
PROPOSED: J.P.Anderson SECONDED: R.Muir. Vote: All in favour.

Budget for the Re-Enactment of the Village Tales at the Village Sculpture Unveiling:
PROPOSAL: Diamond Jubilee under spend funds of £620.38 to be vired towards the expenses to be incurred re-running a selection of Village Tales at the Village Sculpture Unveiling Ceremony on the 29th September, 2013.
PROPOSED: R.Muir  SECONDED: J.M.F.Royce. Vote: All in favour.
J.M.F. Royce suggested an early application for additional funding, should it prove necessary, due to a reduced amount of available funds for allocation.

J.M.F.Royce had researched current bank interest rates received from the Co-operative Bank. It had been explained, that the 14 day account currently paid less interest than the Current Account. A Short Term Deposit Bond was available within the Current Account on a one month – six month basis.
PROPOSAL: The Clerk and J.M.F.Royce be given discretionary powers to move funds from the 14 Day Account to the Current Account to benefit from the higher interest rate. A minimum of £25,000 for six months would attract interest of £125.
PROPOSED: J.M.F.Royce  SECONDED: J.P.Anderson. Vote: All in favour.

M.J.Sheppard left the meeting at 8.55 p.m.

13/84: Chairman’s Report: Planning & Development Committee: (J.P.Anderson)
RBC Core Strategy: J.P.Anderson reported an RBC Cabinet Meeting would take place on the 14th May, 2013 when a decision was expected on the siting of 3,500 extra houses within Nottinghamshire. It was expected that 500 would be designated to Clifton Pastures. More consultations, the green belt review and traffic studies would follow which would take a significant length of time. GPC would be entitled to comment on the changes to the Core Strategy and an Examination in Public could be held in the New Year 2014. By that time, it would be known if the houses will be built following the confirmation of Nottingham City housing numbers. The only hope of the housing not being built would be due to Nottingham City housing numbers being reduced. Gotham might obtain traffic calming measures and cycling routes if Clifton Pastures were developed. K.Mafham was unconvinced of the requirement for such large housing numbers which had been ‘plucked from the air’. It might be worth fighting the case with a legal case. He had spoken to Anna Soubry M.P. on the viability of such high housing numbers in the current financial downturn. J.M.F.Royce reported a new community charge (instruction levy per house) plus the planning permission costs had been implemented which would increase the costs of new building.

Affordable Housing in Gotham: No news from A.Gorringe of St.Gobain re release of land to the rear of The Royal British Legion.
A453: The closure of Barton Lane had been delayed. A repeat village traffic count would take place, following the Barton Lane closure, to compare the amount of traffic through Gotham.

13/85: Planning Decisions Received:     Nil.

13/86: Planning Applications Received:
13/5     (ref: 13/00705/FUL) – 18 Leake Road – Single storey side and rear extension (demolish existing rear                                  single storey lean-to)
PROPOSAL: NO OBJECTION.      PROPOSED: E.Padden  SECONDED: R.Davis  Vote: All in favour.

13/6: (ref: 13/00707/FUL) – 8 Fairham Avenue – Single storey side extension plus 2 rear bedroom extensions.
PROPOSAL: NO OBJECTION.     PROPOSED: R.Davis  SECONDED: J.P.Anderson. Vote: All in favour.

Village Pump Electrics: The Clerk had received a planning application from Joe Mitson of RBC re extra electrical equipment in the Village Pump. M.J.Sheppard had advised the Clerk that RBC had approved the work.

13/87:  Environmental Matters: (C.Dabell)
Village Sculpture Progress/Village Post Box/Royal Mail postal service:
R.Muir had received a RBC application form entitled ‘Grant to Plant’ which offered a single £200 grant for village planting in celebration of the 2013 Test Cricket Ashes. The question of Village Sculpture background hedging was discussed with the possibility of the grant partially funding the planting. G.Clark thought bare root hedgerow plants would be more successful planted in the Autumn which would be past the closing date for the grant. The application  was passed to the Clerk for submission with the Bidwell Close planters in mind. R.Muir would provide photographs of the planters.
PROPOSAL: Application for Grant to Plant to be submitted to cover cost of Bidwell Crescent plants.
PROPOSED: R.Muir SECONDED: E.Padden  Vote: All in favour.

R.Muir had circulated a virtual reality photograph of the Village Sculpture at the Village Meeting showing a low crescent- shaped wall in the foreground built out of British Gypsum material. The wall might replace the existing village seat.
R.Muir reported, a small group of Councillors, to include ex. Councillor G.Trickett and Trustees, A.Vickers and L.Bramley would assist with the unveiling of the Village Sculpture ceremony. S.Lymn-Brewin was inviting participants from village groups to take part in the presentation of the Village Tales which would commence at the Bus Depot and finish at the Memorial Hall.

Village Post Box: R.Muir had spoken to Philomena Graham of Royal Mail of GPC’s displeasure about the lack of an A4 sized post box. She sought assurance that the replacement of the original box would be carried out in the near future. She had been advised ‘the Royal Mail supplier was manufacturing a new Post Box’. She had taken the matter up with Peter Bennett, Beeston Distribution Supporter, who had been unable to offer any more advice. She suggested applying to the Ombudsman over the matter. C.Dabell had been advised, the correct contact was Post Office Counters and not Royal Mail.

Royal Mail Postal Service: R.Muir had received complaints from parishioners and had also experienced frequent incidents of  items of mail delivered incorrectly. Some items of mail sent in error, should have been delivered to different Counties. The Clerk would make enquiries re poor postage sorting.

13/88: Annual Village Meeting held on the 30th April, 2013:
The Clerk reported 34 parishioners and Councillors attended the Annual Village Meeting.
Reports given by Borough Councillor Trevor Vennett-Smith, Gotham School Headmistress, the Police and the History Society. J.P.Anderson had updated the meeting on Planning issues. Mr. G.Whitehead had given a presentation of a de-fibrillator. Village groups had been advised that news of their societies could be posted on the village website or in Gotham News. The Chairman had welcomed a new family to the village who were keen to participate in village activities.

13/89: Report on the Focus Meeting with Trustees of the Memorial Hall/ Recreation Ground on 23rd April, 2013:
J.P.Anderson reported a positive meeting with work progressing on a ‘Memorandum of Understanding’.
Recreation Ground Car Park: B.J.Walker called for a discussion re GPC responsibility for funding a proportion of the costs of the car park resurfacing. J.M.F.Royce suggested GPC fund half of the car park costs and all the drainage. He confirmed GPC’s commitment to supporting the cost of the car park and funds had been built up over many years and were held in reserve with this project in mind.
PROPOSAL: GPC agree in principle to fund the drainage and part fund the re-furbishment of the Recreation Ground Car Park.
PROPOSED: J.M.F.Royce  SECONDED: B.J.Walker.  Vote: All in favour.

13/90:  Policing Matters:
E.Padden reported, the Police Priority Setting Meetings could be held in the Gotham Memorial Hall. The meetings are routinely run in village halls, free of charge. She asked a GPC Trustee to enquire whether the Weldon Room could be made available, free of charge, for one of the future meetings.

13/91: Gotham News:
J.M.F.Royce reminded Council, that the Gotham News costs were now over £2,400 in deficit. R.Muir would instigate advertising revenue to cover the overspend.

13/92: De-Fibrillator:
Photographs of a de-fibrillator cabinet were circulated. J.M.F.Royce re-iterated his suggestion that GPC would be able to fund a de-fibrillator if necessary. The Trustees  had agreed, in principle, to house the equipment within the grounds of the Memorial Hall. E.Padden offered to research funding opportunities. Agenda item for June, 2013.

13/93:  Chairman’s Report: Nil to report.

13/94: Clerk’s Report:
The Clerk had enquired at RBC re the whereabouts of a ‘St. Lawrence Close’ street sign for the new development of houses on the old Manor Farm site. She had been assured by RBC that the developer’s had a name plate on order which would be erected in the near future.
The Clerk would be out of the office from 13th – 21st June, 2013.

13/95: Matters to Report:
J.P.Anderson reported, members of the Cemetery sub-Committee had met on site to draw up a maintenance list of jobs which had currently been put out to tender. These included, repainting of front railings, re-coping of wall and tidy of front border.
K.Steed reported temporary traffic lights were in position on The Ridgeway for a month.
B.J.Walker reported, Andrew Brown had been elected County Councillor, successor to L.Sykes. The Clerk was asked to invite Mr. Brown to a meeting of GPC.

13/96: Date and Time of Next Meeting:  Tuesday, 4th June, 2013 at  7.30 p.m. in the Weldon Room.
Meeting closed at 10.15 p.m.

Minutes of a Meeting of the Planning & Development Committee (16/04/13)

MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF THE PLANNING & DEVELOPMENT COMMITTEE
HELD ON TUESDAY 16th APRIL 2013
AT 7.30 p.m. IN THE MEMORIAL HALL WELDON ROOM

Present:  J.P.Anderson (Chairman)   E. Rodgers, (Vice-Chairman) B.J.Walker, G.Clark, K.Steed, M.J.Sheppard, T.Vennett-Smith, E.Padden.

1/    Apologies:  (e-mail apology to Clerk after meeting from R.Muir).

2/    Acceptance of Apologies: N/a

3/    Declaration of Interest: Nil.

4/    Minutes of the Previous Meeting:
RESOLVED:  That the Minutes of the Planning & Development Committee, held on the 22nd January, 2013, as previously circulated, be confirmed and signed as a true record of the business transacted.
PROPOSED: E.Rodgers SECONDED: M.J.Sheppard. Vote: All in favour.

5/    Progress from the last Minutes, not on the Agenda:
Pg. 1. Item 11 Affordable Housing: No news from A.Gorringe re available land behind The Royal British Legion for affordable housing. A meeting of British Gypsum Estates Management Committee was due to be held on the 17th April, 2013 when more discussions would take place.

6/    Planning Decisions Received:

13/1: (ref: 13/00107/FUL)    2 Pygall Avenue, Gotham – side extension – GRANTED

13/2: (ref: 12/021129/ADV) Old Co-operative Nursery – 7-9 Wallace Street – Retention of individual lettering applied sign on front elevation. – GRANTED

13/3: (ref:13/00034/FUL) The Grange, Kegworth Rd. – erectiion of single storey pole barn for storage of feed and tractor.- GRANTED

7/    Planning Applications Received:

13/4: (ref: 13/00582FUL) Sunnydale Farm, Moor Lane – Installation of external flue.
PROPOSAL: NO OBJECTION.
PROPOSED: E.Rodgers  SECONDED: K.Steed. Vote: All in favour.

8/  RBC Core Strategy: Report on RBC Core Strategy technical meeting 9th April, 2013
J.P.Anderson and B.J.Walker, together with K.Mafham, had attended an RBC Core Strategy Technical Meeting held at Rushcliffe Borough Council on the 9th April. The Regional Spatial Strategy had been revoked which might result in reduced housing numbers. The purpose of the meeting was an attempt to satisfy the Inspector that the RBC Core Strategy met her expectations – that 3,500 new houses were built by 2015 to co-operate with the other Authorities.  Workshops would be held within the Council in order to decide where to build and the outcome of the decision would be put before Cabinet on  the 14th May, 2013. RBC had also been requested to undertake a green belt review, last carried out without consultation, in 2006. Chief Executive, Allen Graham, had pointed out that RBC had time and labour constraints, due to the cut in planning officers. A Public Enquiry might take place as soon as December, 2013 with a view to final adoption by early 2014. Representations should be made before the publication of the Nottingham Core Strategy and K.Mafham would submit a representation based on RBC housing numbers too high during the economic downturn when new housing was diffcult to sell. T.Vennett-Smith was due to attend a Council Workshop on Monday, 22nd April, 2013. He confirmed that RBC might be considering an additional five hundred houses on the Clifton Pastures with no extra land availability.i.e. higher density housing. Other sites under consideration for extra housing were Gamston and Tollerton. Sharphill Wood was not yet developed due to the current unviable housing market. More housing at Clifton would result in a knock-on effect of extra traffic on the A453 and through Gotham. As the green belt review was soon to be undertaken, J.P.Anderson suggested an amount of money should be set aside from the Green Belt Capital Budget to fund expert advice. C.P.R.E. Policy Officer Bettina Lange would be invited to advise GPC on liaison with RBC. B.J.Walker would make contact with Ms. Laing.

PROPOSAL: Set aside a budget of £500 for expert advice from CPRE (to be drawn from the present Capital Budget). PROPOSED: J.P.Anderson  SECONDED: E.Rodgers. Vote: All in favour.

K.Mafham could produce a 3D image of a largescale development of houses on Clifton Pastures. The loss of Grade 2 agricultural land should be enphasised. B.J. Walker suggested representation could be made to Councillor D.Bell, Chairman of Planning and Development at RBC.

9/ SHLAA Report:
The RBC SHLAA 2012 report was available. The Clerk would obtain a CD copy.

10/ A453 Widening:
Temporary traffic lights in Gotham, supplied by NCC Highways, if necessary following the closure of Barton Lane.

11/ NET 2 Progress:
The Clerk reported, the first lines of the NET 2 installed today on Meadoway in Nottingham.
Titan – Notts County Council Roadshow to be held in Thrumpton on the 11th June, 2013. An opportunity to view progess and traffic issues surrounding the NET 2 installation.

12/  Matters to Report:
T.Vennett-Smith and B.J.Walker would attend the RBC Planning Forum on the 24th April, 2013 re Community infrastructure and local Planning issues.
M.J.Sheppard reported Eric Pickles, M.P. to review Government planning proposals allowing home extensions without the need for planning permission.
T.Vennett-Smith reported his Borough Council Community Fund had been increased from £500 to £1,000. This fund was available to deserving village groups. Applications should be made in writing and state the reason for the request.

13/ Date & Time of Next Meeting: The next meeting of the Planning and Development Committee would be held in the Weldon Room of the Memorial Hall on Tuesday, 21st May, 2013 at 7.30 p.m.

Meeting closed at 8.30 p.m.

Minutes of a Meeting of the Environment Committee (26/03/13)

MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF THE ENVIRONMENT COMMITTEE
HELD ON TUESDAY 26th MARCH 2013
COMMENCING AT 7.30 P.M. IN THE MOONRAKERS’ ROOM

Members Present:   C.Dabell (Chairman), R.Davis, (Vice-Chairman) E.Padden, G.Clark, B.J.Walker, M.J.Sheppard, R.Muir, K.Steed.

1/    Apologies: British Gypsum Representative – A.Gorringe.

2/    Acceptance of Apologies:
PROPOSED: K.Steed SECONDED: R.Davis Vote: All in favour.

3/   Declaration of Interest: Nil.

4/ Minutes of the Previous Meeting:
RESOLVED:  That the Minutes of the Environment Committee, held on the 29th January, 2013, as previously circulated, be confirmed and signed as a true record of the business transacted, with the following alterations:

6/ Village Sculpture Progress Report: reword first sentence: ‘E.Padden provided a breakdown of the cost of the sculpture based on the available evidence’. Alter figure in second sentence from £1,790 to £1,923 and fourth sentence £4,511 to £4,964. (these figures allowed for the cost of a possible licence fee of £320).

11/ Any Other Business: Delete last sentence.

PROPOSED: G.Clark SECONDED: M.J.Sheppard Vote: All in favour.

5/  Progress arising from previous Minutes:

7/ Ditch drainage quotations for work adjacent to Railway Walk/BT Exchange:
The Clerk reported that the Railway Walk ditch digging had been carried out satisfactorily.

6/ Village Sculpture/Background Hedgerow:
G.Clark had brought a selection of evergreen hedgerow cuttings suitable for a planted hedgerow background to the Sculpture. Specimens included Laurel, Leylandii, Privet and Cherry. G.Clark would make further enquiries from an expert re the best choice of hedging with the least amount of pruning needs. M.J.Sheppard would contact T.Coles, of the Royal British Legion, in order to inform him of hedge planting proposals beyond the Royal British Legion fence on Nottingham Road.
R.Muir, G.Clark and engineering consultant, M.Raven, had visited Lunn Engineering on the 12th March, 2013 for a meeting with D.Charlesworth and F.Lunn to iron out final details of the manufacture of the Sculpture. The golden hare, supplied free of charge by D.Charlesworth, would be finished in gold leaf financed by Colbeck Photography and G.Clark. The Clerk had sought permission from to D.C. Comics, U.S.A. for the use of the batman figure on the Sculpture.
A simple circular surround of Gypsum material, flush with the ground and surrounded by a circle of grass, was planned around the base of the post. The transportation of the Sculpture might be sponsored by a local contractor, such as Hardstaff’s or the Power Station.
R.Muir had contacted A.Vickers, re the offer of a Heritage sign detailing the Tales which could be placed back to back and sharing a post with a similar sized sign to list the names of the sponsors of the Sculpture.
The chevrons, sited on the British Legion corner, had already been moved aside by NCC to accommodate the sculpture. Unfortunately, NCC were not prepared to re-site the village seat which would remain in place in front of the sculpture. D.Charlesworth would contact K.Hourd of NCC re this matter.
The Village Sculpture Opening Ceremony was planned for the 29th September, 2013. A Launch Group would be formed to arrange the re-enactment of up to six Tales of Gotham by Gotham Primary School and other interested village groups. A V.I.P. would be invited to officially unveil the Sculpture. The Clerk had established the cost of insurance was £300 but would seek another price from Zurich.

7/ Progress re Village Pump Electricity Supply:
M.J.Sheppard and G. Clark had met Mr. Freeman of NCC at the Village Pump for an inspection of equipment required to establish an electricity supply for future Christmas Tree lighting. The electrician, P.Smith had been equipped with an official manual for the correct electricity supply to meet NCC guidelines. P.Smith had produced a suitable box to enclose the transformer equipment. C.Dabell and G.Clark would meet a representative from English Heritage for approval of the equipment in the Grade 2 listed building. A.Howick was to be kept updated with progress. An NCC seasonal decoration application form would be submitted prior to the installation of the Christmas Tree.

R.Muir left the meeting at 8.45 p.m.

8/ Environment Finance Report:
The Clerk circulated the end of year Environment Spreadsheet for 2012/13 which showed unspent money totalling £111.14. This amount was not carried forward to 2013/14.

9/  Tithe Barn:
C.Dabell suggested a meeting with the Managing Director of Notts City Transport re plans for the Tithe Barn, dating back to the 1500’s, as and when the Bus Depot closed. He hoped it might become a village museum. G.Clark suggested the Bus Depot was possibly owned by a Holding Company.

10/ Complaint re Dog Mess in Village:
The Clerk had been alerted by the Webmaster to a complaint from a parishioner re the recent increase of dog mess on the village pavements. She had replied to the correspondent, pointing out the reason might be related to the recent wet conditions making off pavement walking unpleasant as the country tracks were too muddy. She had written an article for Gotham News urging dog owners to clear up after their dogs. GPC had increased the amount of available dog bins around the village. E.Padden suggested a poster campaign drawn up and displayed around the village by the Gotham Schoolchildren might help.

11/ Village Litter Pick:
Fly tipping on Soldiers’ Lane had been reported to the Clerk who had alerted Streetwise. It was agreed, the village was in a dirty state, especially the ditches alongside The Ridgeway, Kegworth and Leake Roads. R.Davis suggested a litter pick in April advertised to the village groups, such as GNR and Scout members for an official litter pick day. RBC would supply bags, pickers and rubbish bag collection.

12/ E-mail from Parishioner re speeding traffic/lack of street lighting on Nottingham Road.
The Clerk had received an e-mail from a parishioner who deplored the lack of lighting at Cheese Hill. The 30 m.p.h. was not in force at this location resulting in a dangerous situation for parishioners’ waiting at the bus stop. The Clerk had advised the correspondent that help might be available from County Councillor L. Sykes or NCC Highways. GPC were not in a position to change speed limits or extend street lighting.

13/ Any Other Business:
The Clerk had written another letter to Royal Mail re the re-installation of the village post box. An article in Gotham News to update parishioners on the provision of the A4 sized box would be included.

E.Padden reported an ambulance’s difficulty in locating the Surgery behind the Memorial Hall. The Clerk would alert the Practice Manager to the problem.

The Clerk reminded Councillors that the main meeting of GPC would take place on Easter Tuesday, 2nd April, 2013 as this date had been agreed to be convenient to the majority of members as the 9th April would clash with the meeting of the Trustees of the Memorial Hall/Recreation Ground.

14/ Date and Time of Next Meeting:
The next meeting of the Environment Committee would be held in the Weldon Room of the Memorial Hall on the 16th April, 2013. at 8.30 p.m.

Meeting closed at  9.30 p.m.

Minutes of the Meeting of the Planning & Development Committee (22/01/13)

MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF THE PLANNING & DEVELOPMENT COMMITTEE
HELD ON TUESDAY,  22nd JANUARY 2013 at 7.30 p.m. IN THE MEMORIAL HALL WELDON ROOM

Present:  J.P.Anderson (Chairman)   E. Rodgers, (Vice-Chairman) B.J.Walker, E.Padden, G.Clark, K.Steed, M.J.Sheppard.

1/    Apologies:T.Vennett-Smith,   R.Muir,

2/    Acceptance of Apologies:

PROPOSED: G. Clark SECONDED: K.Steed.    All in favour.

3/    Declaration of Interest: Nil.

4/    Minutes of the Previous Meeting:  

RESOLVED:  That the Minutes of the Planning & Development Committee, held on the 18th December, 2012, as previously circulated, be confirmed and signed as a true record of the business transacted, with the following amendments: 9/  Green Belt Issues: 8th sentence replace ‘challenge’ with ‘appraisal’. 12th sentence replace ‘travellers initiatives’ with ‘car drivers’.

PROPOSED: E.Padden SECONDED: M.J.Sheppard. Vote: All in favour.

5/    Progress from the last Minutes, not on the Agenda: Nil.

6/    Planning Decisions Received: Nil.

7/    Planning Applications Received: Nil.

8/  RBC Core Strategy: Exploratory Meeting at 2pm Thursday 31st January in the W. Bridgford Community Hall. 

The Inspector, Ms.Kingaby, had written to RBC setting out some concerns about the Core Strategy. She had called an Exploratory Meeting which would be held on the 31st January, 2013 in West Bridgford Community Hall at 2.p.m. Planning consultant, K.Mafham and representatives from GPC planning committee would attend. The purpose of the meeting was to clarify how best to proceed with the examination of the Core Strategy in the light of the Inspector’s concerns. The concerns were mainly based on whether it met all the legal requirements and soundness criteria, especially in respect of housing policy. The Inspector would discuss the relevant aspects of the Core Strategy, primarily with the RBC representatives.

The argument for Gotham was the weak sustainability of the Core Strategy, weak consultation and traffic modelling a ‘one–sided’ process with no debate and no methodology. A meeting would be arranged in a month’s time with Barton/Thrumpton to review the Exploratory meeting. K.Mafham to attend.

The Chairman had received a letter from the Rt.Hon. K. Clarke which had failed to address the two key questions.

9/ A453 Widening:

The Chairman had received an e-mail from K.Nurse of NCC re formal procedure on meetings concerned with traffic issues such as up to date progress and traffic management during the widening work.

P.Goode, traffic manager for South Nottingham, had confirmed that Gotham could not have a pedestrian crossing due to the low numbers of through traffic. The Chairman had countered this remark with his conversation with the Headmistress of Gotham School who agreed it was important to carry out an up to date traffic count during rush hour periods, both before and after the closure of Barton Lane.

10/   NET 2:

The Chairman reported that C.Raynor had written an excellent letter re the cost of the tram extension but it had not been printed in the Nottingham Evening Post.

11/  Affordable Housing:

No more information had been forthcoming from A.Gorringe, St.Gobain representative, re the site behind The Royal British Legion.

12/  Matters to Report:

The Clerk had received notice of NCC’s intention to measure the Spar shop door re the Small Improvement Scheme to improve access.

The Clerk had received a letter of acknowledgement from The Post Office re the re-establishment of the post box outside the old Post Office.

A discussion took place re the siting of a de-fibrillator box in Gotham. (refer to main meeting).

13/ Date & Time of Next Meeting: The next meeting would be held in the Weldon Room of the Memorial Hall on Tuesday, 19th February, 2013 at 7.30 p.m.

Meeting closed at 8.25 p.m.

Minutes of the Meeting of Gotham Parish Council (02/04/13)

MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF GOTHAM PARISH COUNCIL

Held on 2nd APRIL 2013 in the Weldon Room, Gotham Memorial Hall at 7.30pm

Present:    R.Muir (Chairman), M.J.Sheppard, (Vice-Chairman), J.M.F.Royce,  E.Padden, R.Davis, K. Steed, G.Clark. C.Dabell,  T.Vennett-Smith, B.J.Walker

13/54: Apologies. J.P.Anderson, E.Rodgers, D.Bexon.

13/55: Acceptance of Apologies:

PROPOSED: R.Davis  SECONDED: G.Clark Vote: All in favour.

13/56: Declaration of Interest:

Trustees, M.J.Sheppard,  D.Bexon and G.Clark in matters relevant to the Memorial Hall/Recreation Ground.

13/57: Minutes of the previous meeting:

Resolved: That the previously circulated Minutes of the Meeting of the Parish Council held on the 5TH March, 2013, be accepted as a true record, with the following amendment: Pg. 2. 13/49: Chairman’s Report PROPOSAL: 9TH Sentence – add ‘and her complaint was based on ‘hear say’ PROPOSED: T.Vennett-Smith SECONDED: E.Padden.  Vote: four in favour, two against and four abstentions. (one declaration of interest)

Pg. 3 13/46: Memorial Hall Focus Group – Report on Meeting held on the 26th February, 2013. Second sentence – remove word ‘near’.

PROPOSAL: E.Padden  SECONDED: K.Steed  Vote: All in favour.

Progress from the Minutes: Nil to report.

13/58: Finance Monthly Payments and Receipts:

Receipts and Payments: RESOLVED: That the receipts, since the last meeting, are noted and the Accounts in Appendix F1 be confirmed and authorised for payment.

PROPOSED: J.M.F.Royce   SECONDED: R.Muir Vote: All in favour.

Appointment of internal auditor:

PROPOSAL: Appointment of G.Stafford to carry out an internal audit of the GPC accounts for 2012/13.

PROPOSED: T.Vennett-Smith  SECONDED: M.J.Sheppard  Vote: All in favour.

C.Dabell arrived at the meeting at 8.05 p.m.

13/59: Report by Chairman of Planning and Development Committee: (Chairman J.P.Anderson and Vice Chairman E.Rodgers absent)

13/60: Planning Applications Received: Nil.

13/61: Planning Decisions Received: 

13/1: (ref: 13/00107/FUL)    2 Pygall Avenue, Gotham – side extension – GRANTED

13/3: (ref:13/00034/FUL) The Grange, Kegworth Rd. – erectiion of single storey pole barn for storage of feed                                                                                      and tractor.- GRANTED         

Report on Meeting re A453 on 26th March, 2013 (M.J.Sheppard)

M.J.Sheppard and J.P.Anderson had attended a meeting with members of Barton Parish Council and the contractors, Laing O’Rourke, currently undertaking work on the widening of the A453. The discussion was mainly centred on the closure of Barton Lane at the end of April, 2013 and the inconvenience this would cause Barton residents, especially the access to the Nottingham Road bus stop. Temporary traffic lights at the top of Manor Road, at its junction with the A453, would be installed for Barton residents to allow safe access. They would be activated by traffic from Barton but would be set on green for the A453 traffic for the majority of the time.  Access to Top Farm would be retained. J.P.Anderson had re-iterated Gotham’s concerns at an increase in traffic through Gotham when Barton Lane had closed and this matter was being considered by Notts County Council Highways Department. The Contractors had taken bridleways and footpaths in the area into account and these would be undisturbed. The recent GPC traffic study had been complimented by NCC as ‘a well run process’.

Mr. Noakes, of Laing O’Rourke, had inspected the Memorial Hall Car Park with a view to assistance with its re-surfacing. An e-mail had since been received confirming their refusal to carry out the work but advising that ‘another Contractor might be interested in the work in the future’.

An RBC Core Strategy technical meeting 9th April, 2.p.m  in the RBC Council chamber would be attended by B.J.Walker.

13/62: Environmental Matters: (C.Dabell).

Village Post Box: The Chairman had received a reply to the Clerk’s enquiry re the continued absence of the A4 sized post box which was to have been replaced before Christmas 2012. A letter from Malcolm McBride, Royal Mail Customer Service Adviser, stated ‘that there had been an assumption that as there were already two lamp-post boxes, a third had to meet approval’. The Clerk would reply to Mr. McBride that this move was unacceptable and that the Village required access to an A4 sized letterbox, as soon as possible.

T.Vennett-Smith reported a letter had been received from the Post Office re the opening of a Post Office Counter in the Spar shop. Progress was slow on arrangements between both parties. The Clerk reported, disability access had been requested in the Local Improvement 2013 initiative and measurements had been carried out to the Spar entrance.

Village Sculpture: R.Muir reported a successful meeting with D.Charlesworth and F.Lunn on the 6th March, also attended by G.Clark and M.Raven (engineering consultant). A final schedule of work was being drawn up to include paint finish, opening ceremony etc. R.Davis reminded Council that a manual of paint finish should be drawn up for future maintenance of the Sculpture. A low key re-enactment of the tales would be arranged by a committee to include D.Whattley, R.Muir, S.Lymn-Brewin and M.J.Sheppard. M.J.Sheppard would liaise the publicity and marketing of the Ceremony.

A background hedgerow had been discussed at the Environment Committee Meeting when Portuguese Laurel had been chosen for Autumn planting. A.Vickers was undertaking work on a Trail Board and Sponsor Board to be placed back to back and sharing a single post. R.Muir reported that NCC had refused to remove the village seat from its present site. The Clerk would seek a reason for this refusal from K.Hourd of NCC.

13/63: Memorial Hall Report: Nil to report.

13/64: De-Fibrillator for Gotham:

K.Steed suggested GPC ask the Bus Company whether or not they would share their de-fibrillator equipment and make it more accessible to the public. T.Vennett-Smith thought the equipment would be best stored in the vicinity of the Memorial Hall/Recreation Ground. M.J.Sheppard would refer the matter to the Trustees for a possible contribution towards the cost of the equipment.Village groups could be contacted re a contribution towards the cost. A group of people would need to be trained in the use of the de-fibrillator. Agenda item at the Village Meeting.

13/65: Policing Matters/Vandalism: (D.Bexon)

D.Bexon had sent a report re the reason for the camera moounted on a lamp post outside 32 Leake Road. The Police had installed the camera in order to monitor traffic through the village following incidents of criminals travelling from Leicester in order to commit crime in the Gotham and surrounding areas.

13/66: Gotham News & Media:      

R.Muir thanked the editorial team for their work and contribution to the current issue of Gotham News. She especially thanked K.Steed for her help.

13/67: Annual Village Meeting – 30th April, 2013.

Agenda item – De-Fibrillator.

The Clerk reported County Councillor L.Sykes was unable to attend the Annual Village Meeting. The Clerk had invited Borough Councillor T.Vennett-Smith to report on recent Borough Council events. The Chairman and Clerk would meet to draw up the agenda. It was agreed, there was no requirement for Club and Associations to draw up lengthy written reports due to the availability of the Village website and Gotham News. Should an organisation wish to read out a report or raise a point of interest regarding their society, they would be welcome.

13/68: Chairman’s Report   

The Chairman had received the following correspondence:

Canal and River Trent Spring Event – Trent Lock on the 19th May, 2013.

13/69: Clerk’s report:

The Clerk had reported several incidents of fly tipping to Streetwise.

The Clerk had reported the faulty street light in The Square.

13/70: Matters to Report:

J.M.F.Royce had not yet spoken to the Parishioner concerned about the ongoing problem of untidy verges outside Gotham Garage.

E.Padden reported a large amount of mis-directed post. The Clerk would contact Royal Mail.

K.Steed reported a new wave of  loud bird scarers on The Ridgeway. T.Vennett-Smith suggested she speak to the farmer concerned.

13/71: Items for Next Agenda: Village Sculpture. De-Fibrillator. Annual Village Meeting.

13/72: Date of Next Meeting: The Annual General Meeting would be held on the 7th May, 2013.    Meeting concluded at  9.00 pm.

T.Vennett-Smith tendered his apologies for the A.G.M.

Minutes of the Meeting of Gotham Parish Council (05/03/13)

MINUTES OF THE MEETING OF GOTHAM PARISH COUNCIL

5th MARCH, 2013

HELD IN GOTHAM MEMORIAL HALL WELDON ROOM

COMMENCING AT 7.30 P.M.

 

Present:    M.J.Sheppard, (Vice-Chairman), J.M.F.Royce, J.P.Anderson, E.Padden, R.Davis, K. Steed, G.Clark. E.Rodgers, D.Bexon C.Dabell

In the absence of the Chairman, the Vice-Chairman, M.J.Sheppard took the Chair.

13/36: Apologies:  R.Muir (Chairman), T.Vennett-Smith, B.J.Walker.

13/37: Acceptance of Apologies:

PROPOSED: G.Clark SECONDED: K.Steed.  Vote: All in favour.

The Chairman introduced Mr. Graham Whitehead to the meeting who talked about a de-fibrillator machine. A village de-fibrillator which could be obtained for £1,700 kept in an easily accessible location to be available to parishioners in the case of an emergency when a heart attack was suspected. Mr. Whitehead, a member of the South Notts Community First Response, formed to support people in the locality. It provided the fastest possible response to an emergency call using any of its resources including ambulances, fast response vehicles, etc.. Survival rate was 60% if equipment used on a patient with a suspected heart attack within three minutes. The storage cabinet had high visibility jackets and torch inside. Instructions as per use of the equipment were read out from a recording enclosed with the de-fibrillator. To open the equipment, a call to 999 alerted the operator who gave the code for unlocking the cabinet. The cabinet contained a small heater for cold weather protection and telephone numbers of first responder parishioners. Several villages, including West Leake, Thrumpton and Barton had purchased their own de-fibrillator. A red telephone box now available for £1 would be an ideal storage place for the equipment. Annual running costs were £16. New battery – £120.

The Chairman thanked Mr. Whitehead for his attendance and he left the meeting at 7.55 p.m.

13/38: Declaration of Interest:

Trustees, M.J.Sheppard,  D.Bexon and G.Clark in matters relevant to the Memorial Hall/Recreation Ground.

J.M.F.Royce in Agenda item 15 – letter to R.Muir re complaint from member of the public.

13/39: Minutes of the previous meeting:

Resolved: That the previously circulated Minutes of the Meeting of the Parish Council held on the 5TH February, 2013, be accepted as a true record, with the following amendment: Pg. 2. 13/23 Memorial Hall Focus Group – third sentence remove ‘following the meeting’. Pg. 3. 13/27 Village Pump Lighting – replace Grade ‘11’ with Grade ‘2’.

PROPOSED: G.Clark SECONDED: D.Bexon.  Vote: All in favour.

Progress from the Minutes:

Pg. 2. 13/23 Memorial Hall Focus Group: J.P.Anderson had emailed answers to questions posed by Councillors.

Pg. 2. A453 Widening: J.P.Anderson thanked Councillors for their work on the traffic count. He had passed the information collected to D.Prior. Another count would take place following the closure of Barton Lane.

13/40: Finance Monthly Payments and Receipts:

Receipts and Payments: RESOLVED: That the receipts, since the last meeting, are noted and the Accounts in Appendix F1 be confirmed and authorised for payment.

PROPOSED: J.P.Anderson   SECONDED: K.Steed Vote: All in favour.

Financial Spreadsheets Update:

The Clerk had circulated up to date budget spreadsheets. Gotham News showed a deficit which would be negated by the advertising revenue due this month.

J.M.F.Royce warned that the 2012/13 under-spend would be negligible.

The Recreation Ground capital would be reduced by the purchase of a new sputnik.

Recreation Ground Reserve Fund stood at £3,000.

Recreation Ground Car Park Fund stood at £2,500.

The Green Belt Fighting Fund had reduced to £2,800.

13/41: Report by Chairman of Planning and Development Committee (J.P.Anderson).

J.P.Anderson reported the following planning items:

RBC Core Strategy – 13th/14 February 2013 – Letters had exchanged between the Inspector and RBC re the Exploratory Meeting held on the 31st January, 2013. A Steering Group meeting had taken place on the 19th February, 2013 when K.Mafham explained that there was little to do at the present time while RBC re-submit the Core Strategy. Nottingham City would have their Examination in Public before RBC. It was important for them to drop their housing numbers. C.Raynor was working on student numbers in the City. Letter from J. Coles to NCC and Rt. Hon. K.Clarke. It was possible that a developer could submit a planning application for Clifton Pastures at any time. T.Vennett-Smith had a role to play in putting pressure on RBC. Since the Government’s National Planning Guidance had excluded the requirement for traffic modelling, it was the responsibility of the Developers which was not acceptable. Should we lose the battle to save the Green Belt, we would need money from the infra-structure levy to improve traffic flow through Gotham. K.Mafham had mentioned the possibility of development on the small parcels of land left around the A46 since its widening last year.

E.Rodgers had noticed the Core Strategy had been mentioned in the Planning Magazine as ‘withdrawn’ whereas it had previously been understood to have been ‘suspended’.

A letter of support had been received from Rt. Hon. K.Clarke re the need for a repeal of the Regional Spatial Strategy.

13/42: Planning Applications Received:

3/13: (ref: 13/00034/FUL) The Grange, Kegworth Road – Erection of single storey pole barn for the storage of tractors and fodder.

PROPOSAL: NO OBJECTION

PROPOSED: J.P.Anderson  SECONDED: E.Padden. Vote: All in favour.

13/43: Planning Decisions Received:  Nil.

13/44: Environmental Matters: (M.J.Sheppard).

Village Sculpture: A meeting had been arranged between D.Charlesworth and F.Lunn on the 6th March for final engineering discussions. R. Muir and M.J.Sheppard would arrange a final meeting in the following week for an update.

Village Post Box: The Clerk had contacted Royal Mail re re-positioning of the Post Box outside the old Post Office. She had been assured it would be replaced, as soon as possible.

E.Rodgers left the meeting at 8.55 p.m.

Village Pump Lighting: M.J.Sheppard expected the Pump lighting had been re-connected. He will complete application to NCC for permission for next year’s Christmas Tree lighting display. The Code of Practice re electrical installation had been passed to P.Smith (GPC electrician).  M.J.Sheppard and A.Howick would meet NCC representative Mr. Freeman re an acceptable transformer box which would be installed following approval by English Heritage. There would be no more NCC costs.

13/45: Memorial Hall Report:

M.J.Sheppard reported the following items:

The Moonrakers’ suspended ceiling had been completed.

C.Dabell arrived at the meeting at 9.05 p.m.

13/46: Memorial Hall Focus Group – Report on Meeting held on the 26th February, 2013.

J.P.Anderson reported Councillors J.P.Anderson, R.Muir, B.J.Walker and R.Davis had met Trustees, G.Harris, P.R.Dines, E.Perrell, A.Vickers and L.Bramley at a very positive meeting. The Trustees had repeated their hope for self sufficiency in the future. They may reduce the grant paid to the Trustees from the GPC precept. They would draw up a memorandum of understanding.  They were disappointed that match-funding of £1,500 had never come about but it was acknowledged that this was probably due to poor communication. J.M.F.Royce reminded Council that an initial offer of £1,000 from GPC had been made and this sum could have been extended when the Sports Clubs had reached their target of £1,500.

There was an urgent need for an upgrade of the lower car park. In the first instance, the Trustees would fund a drain scan. Expected costs for car park resurface was £20,000. M.J. Sheppard suggested a Project Team could be elected to oversee the improvements.

The Chairman thanked the Focus Group for their attendance at a positive meeting.

13/47: Policing Matters/Vandalism: (D.Bexon)

No crime figures received for February.

J.P.Anderson queried the reason for a number plate recognition camera, pointing towards the Village Pump, recently installed on a lamp post outside 32 Leake Road.

13/48: Gotham News & Media:     (J.P.Anderson)

J.P.Anderson had received lower than usual copy for the next magazine. Advertisement fees for Gotham News were due to be sent out.

13/49: Chairman’s Report             

The Chairman had received the following correspondence:

Notts County Council Local Minerals update.

Notts County Council – Switch and Save Scheme.

RBC New Senior management team.

Notice of a Borough Council Meeting on the 7th March, 2013.

Local Government Boundary Commission – electoral review of Rushcliffe: final recommendations.

A copy of a letter of complaint sent to R.Muir, Chairman of Gotham Parish Council had been received. R.Muir had submitted a letter of apology to GPC for her use of inappropriate language to a Councillor. The complainant was not a resident of the parish, and her complaint was based on ‘hear say’. R.Davis said the matter did not involve the Parish Council. M.J.Sheppard read out the Chairman’s letter of apology..

PROPOSAL: Acceptance of R.Muir’s letter of apology to Council re her use of inappropriate language to another member of the Council.

PROPOSED: M.J.Sheppard. SECONDED: R.Davis. Vote: eight in favour, one abstention.

13/50: Clerk’s report:

The Clerk had attended an RBC environmental forum on the 7th February, 2013. Items under discussion were: Notts Wildlife update by G.Jones-Jenkins, Community led planning, Transition West Bridgford and a facilitated discussion around energy, transport, waste and recycling, nature and local food.

The Clerk had attended the SLCC Leicestershire and Rutland Branch Conference on Tuesday, 5th March, 2013. Items under discussion were:  LSI Utility Brokers – cheaper offers for members’ utilities, play equipment funding – successful grant applications, R.T.I. new legislation re HRMC, Health and Safety risk management and an Idiot’s guide to declarations of pecuniary interest, dispensations and precept setting.

She had approached Zurich Insurance Broker re cheaper insurance for GPC.

13/51: Matters to Report:

R.Davis reported a conversation with a parishioner re the continued problem of untidy verges outside the Gotham Garage.

J.M.F.Royce offered to speak to the parishioner.

K.Steed reported loud bird scarers on The Ridgeway. They had recently been switched off.

R.Davis had walked the Railway Walk with Earl Howe’s Land Agent. The Environment Trustees were in the process of planning the redevelopment of the whole Railway Walk for the benefit of the village. The Land Agent would report findings to Earl Howe who might agree to allow use of the land for a peppercorn rental. This would provide the village with a short circular walk.

13/52: Items for Next Agenda: Village Sculpture. De-Fibrillator. Annual Parish Meeting.

13/53: Date of Next Meeting: The next meeting would be held on the 2nd April, 2013.    Meeting concluded at  9.50 pm.

J.P.Anderson tendered his apologies for the next meeting.