Notice of a Meeting of Gotham Parish Council (16/02/16)

GOTHAM PARISH COUNCIL

Mrs J A Raven
Clerk to the Council
33 Leake Road
Gotham
Notts
NG11 0HW
Tel: 0115 9830863
Email: gothamclerk@yahoo.co.uk

11 February 2016

Dear Councillor,

YOU ARE duly summoned to attend an EXTRAORDINARY MEETING OF THE GOTHAM PARISH COUNCIL to be held on

TUESDAY, 16th February, 2016

commencing at 7.00 p.m. in the Weldon Room of the Memorial Hall.

Yours sincerely,

J.A.Raven, Clerk to the Council

AGENDA

1/ Apologies

2/ Acceptance of Apologies

3/ Declaration of Interest

4/ Minutes of the of the Parish Council meetings held on the 2nd February, 2016 (attached)
Accuracy/Progress

5/ General Power of Competence

6/ Grant to Gotham Community Hub Limited

7/ Matters to Report

8/ Date and Time of Next Meeting.

Distribution: All Councillors

The Public and Press are cordially invited to attend this meeting.

Notice of a Meeting of the Environment Committee (16/02/16)

GOTHAM PARISH COUNCIL

Mrs J A Raven
Clerk to the Council
33 Leake Road
Gotham
Notts
NG11 0HW
Tel: 0115 9830863
Email: gothamclerk@yahoo.co.uk

11 February 2016

Dear Councillor,

YOU ARE duly summoned to attend an ENVIRONMENT COMMITTEE MEETING to be held on

TUESDAY, 16th February, 2016

commencing at 8.30 p.m. in the Weldon Room of the Memorial Hall.

Yours sincerely,

J.A.Raven, Clerk to the Council

AGENDA

1. Apologies

2. Declaration of Interest

3. Minutes of previous Meeting held on the 19TH January, 2016

4. Progress Arising from the Minutes

5. Well House Refurbishment Progress (Report on HLF application)

6. Rowan Trees Replacement in The Square

7. Village Litter Pick 12th March, 2016

8. Re-siting of Weldon Hill Heritage Board

9. Railway Walk Seating refurbishment of middle seat /Removal of seat – Kegworth Rd. end.

10. Improvements/Weatherproofing Village Noticeboard

11. Matters to Report

12. Date and Time of Next Meeting.

Committee Members: C.Dabell, (Chairman) G.Holbrook (Vice-Chairman) M.Sheppard, J.M.F.Royce, G.Hutter, G.Clark, D.Bexon, M.Wilkins. British Gypsum Representative – A.Gorringe

Distribution: All Councillors.

Members of the Public and Press are cordially invited to attend.

Notice of a Meeting of the Planning & Development Committee (16/02/16)

GOTHAM PARISH COUNCIL

Mrs J A Raven
Clerk to the Council
33 Leake Road
Gotham
Notts
NG11 0HW
Tel: 0115 9830863
Email: gothamclerk@yahoo.co.uk

11 February 2016

Dear Councillor,

YOU ARE duly summoned to attend a PLANNING & DEVELOPMENT COMMITTEE MEETING to be held on

TUESDAY, 16th February, 2016

commencing at 7.30 p.m. in the Weldon Room of the Memorial Hall. K Mafham will be in attendance.

Yours sincerely,

J.A.Raven, Clerk to the Council

AGENDA

1/ Apologies

2/ Declaration of Interest

3/ Minutes of the Meeting held on Tuesday, 19th January, 2016.

4/ Progress from the Minutes, not on the Agenda.

5/ RBC Local Plan Part 2 / Affordable Houses

6/ Structure of a Neighbourhood Plan

7/ Royal British Legion Site – GPC Funding

8/ Planning Decisions Received:

9/ Planning Applications Received:

10/ Matters to Report

11/ Date & Time of Next Meeting

Committee Members: J.P.Anderson (Chairman) , G.Clark, (Vice-Chairman), A.Clayworth, M.J.Sheppard, G.Hutter, B.J.Walker, H.Taylor, M.Wilkins, J.M.F.Royce.

Distribution List: All Councillors

Members of the Public and Press are cordially invited to this meeting.

Minutes of a Meeting of Gotham Parish Council (05/01/16)

Present: Councillors M.J. Sheppard, (Chairman) B.J.Walker (Vice-Chairman), J.M.F.Royce,  J.P.Anderson, G.Hutter,  A.Clayworth, M.Wilkins, G.Clark, G.Holbrook (7.40 p.m.)

In Attendance: County Councillor A. Brown, K.Mafham (Planning consultant).

Absent: H.Taylor.

16/1: Apologies:  Borough Councillor S.Matthews, Councillors, C.Dabell, D.Bexon.

16/2: Acceptance of Apologies:

PROPOSED: J.P.Anderson SECONDED: B.J.Walker  All in favour.

The Chairman welcomed County Councillor A.Brown and K.Mafham to the meeting.

16/3: County Councillor A.Brown:

County Councillor A. Brown reported the following matters:

The high speed Skylink Bus is running from Nottingham City centre to the East Midlands Airport via Parkway Station. A. Brown intends to complain to the next Transport Committee Meeting that the bus is not offering its service to local villages and thus there is no public transport available for local people who might work at the airport. Currently, bus travel to the airport could take two hours.

The Medi Link bus does not yet serve the Park and Ride at Clifton. A. Brown has attended meetings with Councillor Jane Urquhart of Nottingham City Council to appeal for the Medi Link service to be extended to Clifton.

There is no overnight parking allowed at the Clifton Park and Ride.

The Robin Hood card (similar to the Oyster card) should be rolled out to the whole of Nottingham in due course.

The 30 m.p.h. speed signs have been moved closer to Gotham.

The Highways Dept. has withdrawn its objection to a planning application at Clifton due to the opening of the newly widened A453.

There will be a traffic count on the Ridgeway in the New Year to include speed and axle count.

The Sand and Gravel Extraction at Barton went before the Sustainability Committee on the 4th January, 2016. There was no discussion as to why Barton had been taken off the list of proposed sites, but the decision will be ratified at full Council in mid January.  The problem may raise its head again in ten years’ time.

The Ridgeway horse riders are in the process of drawing up a petition to send to A. Brown re speeding traffic. Horse riders are encouraged to ride two a breast so they resemble the width of a car. This safeguards them from being overtaken which can cause accidents with oncoming traffic.

G. Hutter had researched the history of the Ridgeway and discovered a request dating back to 1966 for the speed limit to be reduced to 30 m.p.h.

The Council Budget meeting in February expects to endorse a rise in Council Tax.

B.J.Walker reported a flood had occurred across the road at the Crusader roundabout.

The Clerk had received notice of speed restrictions of 20 m.p.h. to be enforced on Kegworth Road, adjacent to Gotham Primary School.

County Councillor A. Brown left the meeting at 7.52 p.m.

16/4:   Borough Councillor Stuart Matthews: N/a –  (Apologies received).

The Chairman announced that Agenda Item 9, Report by Chairman of Planning and Development Committee would be next discussed.

PROPOSAL: Suspension of Standing Orders.

PROPOSED: J.M.F.Royce. SECONDED: J.P.Anderson All in favour.

16/5: Report by Chairman of Planning and Development Committee:

Green Belt Issues – Affordable Housing in Gotham

K.Mafham had drawn up, and circulated, a report for GPC on actions to prepare a Neighbourhood Plan for Gotham.

K. Mafham reported RBC working on the second part of the Core Strategy – Issues and Options, Affordable Housing. The scale of new house building in Gotham could be one hundred and fifty with twenty per cent of those affordable. In association with Waterloo Housing and RBC, it appears that there is an opportunity to get an affordable housing scheme started by 2018. A degree of commitment by all parties needs to be in place by June, 2016. A Neighbourhood Plan, once adopted, becomes part of the Development Plan to which a local planning authority must have regard in making planning decisions. It must be in general conformity with national policy and with the Local Plan prepared by RBC. It must go out to consultation and be subject to an independent examination and be approved by a majority of those voting in a referendum.

PROPOSAL: To authorise K. Mafham Associates to prepare a submission to RBC for the designation of the whole of Gotham Parish as an area for which a Neighbourhood Plan should be drawn up.

To authorise Ken Mafham Associates to make a submission for grant to the agents for Government Supporting Communities in Neighbourhood Planning and Community Buildings Programme.

That further work on a Neighbourhood Plan is subject to a more detailed report on the likely net costs to the Parish Council.

PROPOSED: J.P.Anderson SECONDED: G.Hutter. Vote: Six in favour,  one against, three abstentions.

K.Mafham is willing to undertake the work set out in the proposal within the fee of £1,000 already agreed. He has quoted for representations on the Local Plan and so the first stage, submission to RBC for designation and an application for funding will not involve Gotham Parish Council in further expenditure.

K.Mafham left the meeting at 8.35 p.m.

PROPOSAL: Re-Instatement of Standing Orders.

PROPOSED: J.P.Anderson SECONDED: J.M.F.Royce.  All in favour.

16/5: Planning Applications Received: Nil

16/6: Planning Decisions Received:     Nil

16/7: Declaration of Interest:

G.Hutter, A.Clayworth in matters relevant to the Memorial Hall/Recreation Ground.

J.P.Anderson in matters relating to the purchase of the Royal British Legion site.

16/8: Minutes of the previous meeting:

Resolved: That the previously circulated Minutes of the Parish Council meeting held on the 1st December, 2015, be accepted and signed as a true record of the business transacted, with the following amendment:

Pg. 5: 15/216 Matters to Report: 5th sentence replace with . ‘A storm drain along the road has not yet been investigated by the Highways department’.

Pg. 1. Gotham Well House Refurbishment Specification: replace ‘Building Better Communities Grant Body’ with ‘Supporting Local Communities Fund.’ who are  considering the GPC application. No  decision until April, 2016.

PROPOSAL: Acceptance of the December, 2015 Minutes.

PROPOSED: G.Holbrook  SECONDED: M.Wilkins. Vote: All in favour.

Progress from the Minutes:

15/195: Fracking: M. Wilkins will attend the second Fracking meeting in the Three Horseshoes, East Leake to discuss the proposal to apply for Fracking in the area.

15/205: ACV on Cuckoo Bush Public House: The Clerk had written a thank you letter to retired landlord, G. Lowe for his hard work and commitment to Gotham Village during his time as landlord of the Cuckoo Bush.

16/9: Finance Monthly Payments and Receipts:

Receipts and Payments: RESOLVED: That the receipts, since the last meeting, are noted and the Accounts in Appendix F1 be confirmed and authorised for payment.

PROPOSED: J.P.Anderson SECONDED: M.Wilkins.  Vote: All in favour.

J.P.Anderson left the meeting at 8.55 p.m. having declared an interest in the RBL site purchase.

a) RBL site – Funding request to GPC for £100,000. (Steering Group Liaison Officer’s Report – G.Clark).

A meeting of the Steering Committee had taken place on the 15th December, 2015. Minutes circulated. The next meeting will be held on the 6th January, 2016 when a decision will be made on the appointment of a solicitor to represent the Steering Group. A share prospectus should be drawn up by J. Cook and J.P.Anderson.

A lengthy discussion took place re the plans to best raise enough capital funding to purchase the former RBL site. It was decided that no firm offer of monies could be recommended until a business plan has been drawn up.

A Public Meeting has been arranged to discuss the purchase of the British Legion on the 28th January, 2016.

The Plunkett Foundation had granted the Steering Group £2,000 towards the costs of administration of acquiring the RBL site.

PROPOSAL: Extension of meeting beyond 9.30 p.m. to reach the end of the Agenda.

PROPOSED: J.M.F.Royce  SECONDED: B.J.Walker. Vote: All in favour.

J.P.Anderson returned to the meeting at 9.50 p.m.

b) Cricket Contract progress on meeting: A meeting of J.P.Anderson, E.Perrell and P.R.Dines to be held and a report sent to GPC. T.Burton, Chairman of Gotham Cricket Club,  aware of the Cricket Contract and request for an increase for mowing.

16/10: ‘ACV’ nomination – Star Inn (J.P.Anderson)

J.P.Anderson reported the Star Inn has had an ACV taken out on it by CAMRA. This will retain the premises in the future to continue as a public house offering a venue to socialise.

PROPOSAL: GPC support the ACV on the Star Inn.

PROPOSED: J.P.Anderson  SECONDED: M.Wilkins. Vote: All in favour.

16/11: Report by the Chairman of the  Environmental Committee: (C.Dabell)

In the absence of C.Dabell, G.Holbrook reported the following matters:

A meeting, chaired by A. Howick, took place on the 29th December, 2015 to advise interested parishioners on the progress of the Well House refurbishment. The meeting was poorly attended by the public but was well represented by Parish Councillors. It had been confirmed that no unnecessary money was being spent and grants for the work were being applied for. If sufficient funding is forthcoming, other improvements, such as removal of the concrete dais would be considered. The refurbishment must be undertaken to secure the future of this listed building. G. Hutter reported two quotations had been received to date. She is meeting with the Heritage Funders next week. She suggested a Heritage Day could be held, in conjunction with South Notts Bus Company who celebrate ninety years in business this year. A history of the bus company could be included in the information boards planned to be installed within the Well House.

G.Clark suggested Dr. Gerrard’s Charity might contribute funds towards the removal of the Well House dais to accommodate wheelchair users.

PROPOSAL: To request funding towards the refurbishment of the Well House, in the form of disabled access, from Dr. Gerrard’s Fund.

PROPOSED: J.P.Anderson  SECONDED: M.Wilkins. Vote: All in favour.

16/12: Memorial Hall Report from GPC representatives: Nil to report.

16/13: Policing Matters/Vandalism:

No crime figures to date.

A Police Priority Setting Meeting is due to take place in late January.

16/14: Gotham News & Media: Editorial Team: (Editorial Team: Councillors: M.J.Sheppard,  B.J.Walker, G. Hutter and D.Bexon. Parishioner: B.Sherratt. Photographer: H.Trobridge).

M.J.Sheppard reported, the next edition copy date is the 20th February, 2016.

16/15: Casual Vacancy: Nil applications to date.

16/16: Chairman’s Report:

The Chairman reported a successful, and very well attended, Christmas Tree Lighting event took place on the 6th December, 2015. Thanks to Councillor H. Taylor who drove Batman and Cat Woman around the village in his vintage Lagonda Aston Martin. M.Lowe compered the event and Batman and Robin answered questions from the public.

The Christmas Carols event was held on the 15th December, 2015 in St. Lawrence Church, instead of around the Christmas Tree in The Square, due to poor weather. Thanks recorded to the Rev. Richard Coleman for his assistance with chair re-arrangement and display of the words of the Carols on the overhead screen in time for the event. The PCC had provided well received refreshments of mulled wine and mince pies, etc. Thanks to the Sun Public House for their kind contribution of wrapped chocolate treats for every child which were distributed by Santa Claus at the end of the event. M. Lowe was an excellent compere. The contributed donations amounted to £400  which  funded the evening, including £180 for the Phil Reckless brass band. PROPOSAL: A donation from surplus cash donations to be paid to St. Lawrence Church, partly from donations of £50 in the GPC capital fund. Monies remaining, to be retained by a newly formed Christmas Committee towards next year’s Carol Singing event. PROPOSED: M.J.Sheppard  SECONDED: G. Holbrook. Vote: All in favour.

16/17: Clerk’s report:

The Clerk will attend the SLCC meeting to be held on the 15th January, 2016 in Clipstone.

16/18: Matters to Report:

J.M.F.Royce reported the next Finance Committee Meeting will take place on Tuesday, 26th January, 2016. The meeting will be held to set the Precept for the year 2016/17.  (British Legion site to be an Agenda item).

B.J.Walker reported Louise Third of Moor Lane had been awarded the M.B.E. The Clerk will send a letter of congratulation to Mrs. Third.

16/19: Items for Next Agenda:

16/20: Date of Next Meeting: The next Meeting will be held on Tuesday, 2nd February, 2016 at 7.30 p.m.

Meeting closed at 10.30 p.m.

Minutes of a Meeting of the Finance Committee (24/11/15)

Present:     J.M.F.Royce,  J.P.Anderson, B.J.Walker, G.Clark. In attendance: Mrs. P.R.Dines.

1/   Apologies:  M.J.Sheppard.

2/   Acceptance of Apologies:

PROPOSED. G.Clark  SECONDED:  J.P. Anderson All in favour.

3/   Declaration of Interest: Nil.

4/   Minutes of the Finance Committee Meeting held 27th October, 2015:

RESOLVED: The Minutes of the Finance Committee Meeting held on 27th October, 2015, as previously circulated, be confirmed and signed as a true record of the business transacted, with the following amendment, pg. 2 item 10: Precept 2016/17: remove word ‘grant’.

PROPOSED: J.P.Anderson SECONDED: B.J.Walker. Vote: All in favour.

Progress: Nil to report.

5/   Bank Account Balances (As at 18.11.2015)

a)       Co-Op Current Account:                                    £ 20,874.43 (unreconciled)

b)       Co-op 14 Day Account:                                      £          3.77

c)       Handelsbanken current account:                     £ 64,150.85

6/   2015/16 Budget Rolling Balances (additional to date:)

a)       Recreation  Ground Maintenance: GPC has agreed to cover the fence repair costs but had not designated a budget to the clerk. In this instance, the trustees agreed to the unspent tree budget being used.

b)       Recreation Ground Sports Pavilion Annual Refurbishment: £1,000 to be deducted as added to both the Capital and Revenue budgets for 2015/16 in error.

6a/  Recreation Ground Budget for 2016/17: Paper 4 (this item omitted from the Agenda).

P.R. Dines, Treasurer of the Memorial Hall/Recreation Ground, had drawn up Recreation Ground budget requirements for the year 2016/17 of £6,770.

The cost of dog bin emptying had been reduced to £200. It was decided to re-instate the amount of £400 to cover potential expenditure.

The Horizon mowing contract had risen by 2% resulting in the cost rising to £1,938 not £1,920 as stated by the maintenance contractor. It was, therefore, PROPOSED by J.M.F.Royce, SECONDED by G.Clark, to accept the Recreation Ground Budget of £6,988 for the year 2016/17. Vote: All in favour.

7/   Revenue Budget for 2016/17:

a)    Cemetery Gardening update.

J.P.Anderson to call a meeting of the Cemetery Committee to discuss future Cemetery gardening requirements.

b)      Cricket Club Mowing Contract:

The Cricket Mowing Contractor had requested a rise of £50 per annum – total amount £1,150. This amount would be subject to the agreement of the Gotham Cricket Club. The Clerk to contact T. Burton, Chairman of the GCC for instruction.

8/   Asset of Community Value (A.C.V.) Funding Options to raise £50,000:

J.P.Anderson reported, a meeting of the Steering Group is due to take place on the 27th November, 2015 when a proposal to apply to GPC for funding help is expected to be agreed. The deadline for a funding proposal to purchase the former RBL will need to be on the table by March, 2016. J.P.Anderson and P.R.Dines had visited a similar project to study its business plan and will draw up a similar business plan for the proposed shop/community café. A meeting is taking place with Mr. and Mrs. Towle on the 25th November, 2015 to talk about the viability of the project. Following the two meetings, a firm request for funding assistance will be made to GPC. J.M.F.Royce had listed the following funding options:

a)    Capital Account Adjustments:

Adjustments from Capital fund in hand.

b)    Precept one off levy:

Raise new money from the Precept following approval at a Public Meeting.

c)    Precept Annual Period Surcharge – say ten years.

Raise the precept for a maximum of ten years to spread the load.

d)  Precept – Public Works Loan Board (P.W.L.B.) (10 years minimum repayment)

Apply for a Public Works Loan which offers a 2.34% interest rate over a period of ten years. GPC to apply to PBL and give the money as a loan. Interest due on the loan to be repaid by the recipient.

e)  Grants – Liaise with Steering Group:

GPC may qualify for grants that are not available to the Steering Group.

f)    Donations/Gifts – Liaise with Steering Group.

Non binding pledges of £109,000 had been received from 50 residents/interested parties.

g)  Any Other ‘Bright Ideas’

9/  Appointment of Steering Group Liaison Officer:

G.Clark offered to attend the next Steering Group Meeting.

10/ Precept 2016/17 RBC Update:

a) Tax Base –

RBC to produce Tax Base  information by the 27th November, 2015.

b) Transitional Relief:

There will be no transitional relief available for 2016/17.

11/  Any Other Financial Matters to Report: Nil.

12/ Date and Time of Next Meeting: Tuesday, 26th January, 2016 at  7.30 p.m.

Meeting closed at 9.32 p.m.

Minutes of a Meeting of the Environment Committee (17/11/15)

Members present: Councillors C.Dabell (Chairman), G.Holbrook, (Vice-Chairman) G. Hutter, J.M.F. Royce, M. Wilkins, M. Sheppard, G.Clark.

1.)         Apologies: D. Bexon.

2.)         Acceptance of Apologies: Proposed: J.M.F.Royce, Seconded: C.Dabell.

3.)         Declaration of Interest: None

4.)         Minutes of previous meeting:

RESOLVED:  That the Minutes of the Environment Committee, held on the 20th October, 2015 as previously circulated, be confirmed and signed as a true record of the business transacted..

PROPOSED:G.Holbrook,      SECONDED: M.J.Sheppard.  Vote: All in favour.

5.)         Progress Arising from the Minutes: Nil to report.

6.)         Well House Refurbishment:

G.Hutter had received three quotations from Designers for the artwork boards to be installed in the Well House roof. The Samfire quotation for £800 seemed the most favourable due to the interest the company took in visiting the Well House to view the project.

G. Hutter asked if the Heritage Capital fund could be used towards the funding of Pump refurbishment if the end cost is above £16,000. J.M.F.Royce confirmed this fund was in place for new or replacement heritage boards. He confirmed, GPC would top up any shortfall of funding the refurbishment.

A copy of the successful application for the Heritage Lottery, in favour of Newark Parish Council, had been received by G. Hutter for referral and to provide an idea of the process, when filling out the GPC application form. If successful, the grant money could be through by February, 2016. The art boards would contribute towards the criteria for the Heritage Lottery grant due to the community appeal. G. Hutter had received eight letters of support from parishioners for the refurbishment work on the Well House. A petition will be circulated during the Carol Singing event to gain more support for the project.  The Clerk had written a letter of acceptance to M. Goodwill-Hodgson for him to project manage the work. She had written letters of thanks to the unsuccessful technical architects.  A meeting with M. Goodwill-Hodgson and J. Bate (RBC Building Restoration representative) had taken place, at the Well House, on the 9th November with Councillors G. Hutter, C.Dabell, G. Holbrook in attendance. M.Goodwill-Hodgson will draw up a specification of the work to be discussed at the next GPC meeting on the 1st December, 2015.

Thanks to G. Hutter for her continued work on applications for grant funding.

7.)    Railway Walk Seating refurbishment of middle seat /Removal of seat – Kegworth Rd. end

The Clerk had asked D. Healey to improve the seat in the middle of the Railway Walk by replacing the three shabby back slats. D. Healey had agreed to carry out the work, as soon as possible.

The seat at the Kegworth Road end of the Railway Walk would be removed by A. Howick, as arranged by J.M.F.Royce.

8.)     Rowan Trees in Square (report on die back):

The Clerk had sought the advice of NCC Forestry Officer, Monty Haw, re the state and possible removal of the dying Rowan trees in The Square. He advised that NCC  have marked them for felling to retain a 1.4m stump.

It would seem that both of them are affected by a disease called Fireblight(Amelanchlor). which is frequently affecting Rowan trees in the county.

NCC usually remove the stump and replace at the same time, once finance permits. GPC have been given the option to remove the stumps and replace the trees at its own cost. The Clerk would seek advice re the cost of earlier stump removal by NCC and choice of hardy species of trees for replacement.

9.)         Improvements/Waterproofing Village Noticeboard:

C. Dabell had spoken to D. Urry, and is still awaiting recommendation and quote.

10.)     Village Seat on Kegworth Road relocation/plaque:

The Clerk reported the cost of removing the Kegworth Road seat, to the verge outside Gotham School, would be £150. She would ask NCC to replace the seat’s front slat, prior to re-siting, as it could pose a risk of snagging clothing.

11.)     Request from Parishioner for banister at top of hillside walk, off Railway Track:

The Clerk had been asked by a parishioner for a banister, similar to the NCC type on the Railway Track, to be provided at the stile and steps leading downhill to the Railway Track.(Footpath No. 2)  The Clerk will ask Jane Baines of NCC PPP (with copy to K. Thorpe. PPP village representative).

12.)     Bulb Planting Progress:

C. Dabell confirmed, 600 daffodil bulbs have been planted around the identified sites in the village.

Thanks to G. Hutter and J.M.F. Royce for their help. A. Urry, who had assisted had invoiced GPC for £50.

14.)   Matters to Report:

Litter Bin at Cheese Hill: G. Neill had collected the litter bin from the Clerk’s home but had not yet put it in place. Clerk to enquire when it will be sited.

Horizon Mowing: Horizon had overcharged GPC for mowing the verge under the Village Sculpture twice more than the contracted number of mowings. i.e. ten not eight. The Clerk had queried this matter with Horizon.

M.J.Sheppard thought the verge required another mowing and asked the Clerk to contact A. Urry to ask him to carry out a ‘one off’ mow.

SSSI Flora and Fauna: B.J. Walker had received a list of flora and fauna at the SSSI, drawn up by S. Riley, forty years’ ago. The list was passed to G. Holbrook to give to the GNR committee.

Christmas Star: C. Dabell is in the process of manufacturing an aluminium star to atop the Christmas Tree.

Remembrance Day Wreath: The Clerk read out a letter of thanks from RBL Chairman, T.Coles, for the GPC donation of £250 to offset the cost of the Remembrance Day wreath.

15.)       Date and Time of Next Meeting:

It was Proposed by M.J.Sheppard and Seconded by C.Dabell to hold the next Environment Meeting on Tuesday 8th December, 2015 at 7.00 . p.m. All in favour.

Meeting closed: 8.00 p.m.